Was this better than the peter jackson hobbit trilogy?

was this better than the peter jackson hobbit trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JAYoLyO5hCs
youtube.com/watch?v=Y30LAj502mY
youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Debatably

nope

Undoubtedly

One hundred percent superior.

lsd

i like how it had consistent artistic direction
youtube.com/watch?v=JAYoLyO5hCs
i feel like many modern films don't try to have a particular aesthetic or overlying themes.

I remember loving the music in this and the animated LoTR films as a kid.

The goblin song in the Hobbit was awesome.

I just remembered the song the dwarves sing when they're cleaning Bilbo's place too, fuck this shit, I'm downloading this movie tonight and watching it again, thanks OP.

I loved how they used rotoscope in those movies. It made it look otherworldly. I think it's still very cool looking, if used moderately.

Oh, undoubtedly. They managed to perfectly capture the quaint, warm, and melancholy feel of the book perfect

the music in this movie was seriously fantastic. I still sing that song about smashing plates when doing the dishes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y30LAj502mY

why was the music in this movie so fantastic?

Yes.

significantly better, actually

Easily.

Absolutely. Those movies are terrible.

I liked it better.

that wasn't in the rakin bass version that was the ralph bashki version.

the hobbit was great, cool songs and it got to the best parts of the book. the return of the king was pretty good too.

the lord of the rings was ok but bashki can't be coherent in his movies.

Idk why, but the bright red flame on the dark and dull background just looks fucking amazing

>Bakshi*

it really does. I watched this movie all the time as a little kid, and that scene still freaks me out. It's just so beautiful with a really good song but pretty scary lyrics (at least for a 5 year old).

youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y
OH, WHERE THERE'S A WHIP THERE'S A WAY

There are parts of PJ's trilogy I liked but overall it was a mess. This film told the story better.

>the lord of the rings was ok
EXCEPT FOR THE PART WHERE IT DIDN'T HAVE AN ENDING WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING

It's the source material.