What films perfectly capture the slow descent into madness brought on by isolation and depression?

What films perfectly capture the slow descent into madness brought on by isolation and depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e5I6d_vq-Cc
youtu.be/oVevxHoEkuU
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Wall

Taxi Driver is specifically what you're looking for

Shame is an exploration of what happens when emotional isolation is interrupted (not the main theme but certainly a big one)

Elephant shows two youths who feel isolated from their peers

the shining sort of

castaway

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

What did he mean by this?

High Rise. Watch it, OP, it's a good movie.

ur mirror

Problem Child II

wew, darth mual is out of shape

You just reminded me I watched hours of this in a sleep deprived stupour 3 or 4 years ago.

my diary desu

movie about this when?

youtube.com/watch?v=e5I6d_vq-Cc

>mfw this motherfucker was 21
shit nigga looks 30

>Wohoo! I found delicious chocolate candies inside the gun!

Pi is the first thing I thought of.

bjork is a helluva drug

stress, lack of exercise, and obesity age your body incredibly rabidly

>mfw my father and I used to watch this guys' videos all the time and laugh our asses off, particularly at the way he shakes his head savagely and makes those roaring noises right before putting the gun in his mouth.

I miss childhood.

Warum läuft Herr R. Amok?
Jeanne Dielman, 23, quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles
Dillinger Is Dead
Taxi Driver

Is your dad okay?

I hate that this mother fucker is me from race, to body type, to loneliness

He's still alive and well, doing better than ever really. We live in separate countries and I miss him terribly though - he's not getting any younger either.

>He didn't wait for confirmation that the bomb went off before killing himself

What a dumb fuck.

That's good, I was afraid he might have cut himself on all that edge.

HURDURDUUUUR
*BANG*
AAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH

Kekd

When you watch his diary from start to finish, you really start to understand why he did what he did. He only made the bomb because a) He wanted to give his life some meaning, and b) He felt betrayed and making the bomb was the only way he could get some sort of revenge against Bjork and the world. Ricardo explicitly says that he's not killing himself because of her, but rather he was going to kill himself anyway and wanted to mess her up both as an excuse to do it and, like I said, to get revenge on her. He never really expected the bomb to reach her, but he at least hoped that she would remember him for the rest of her life, and hopefully to make her paranoid from that day on. It seemed to work somewhat, because after finding out about the whole thing Bjork was pretty rustled up and even sent a security guard with her son to school the next day.

The whole story of Ricardo is really fucking tragic: A skilled artist with self-esteem issues and who works a dead-end job lets his obsession take over because he's just tired of living and wants an excuse to kill himself. Most people just see the suicide footage tho and think "Oh, he was just some nut who tried to kill Bjork and then killed himself", but you really need to watch the entire 18 hours (Or at least the documentary on YouTube) to better understand who this guy was. He wasn't just some crazy guy who snapped one day, but rather he knew he was going to kill himself from the start and just wanted a reason to do it already.

is it any good....?

youtu.be/oVevxHoEkuU

Watch this if you don't feel like devoting a day or 2 to watch a fat and depressed guy talking to himself for 18+ hours.

underrated