kek

>writes
>Calls himself a musician

You better be writing sheet music

nice trips dude

thanks

How many times are you gonna post this

That was suppose to be for me ;(

Thom Yorke seems not have problem with this.

have you considered being INTENTIONALLY BAD XD~!!!`11!

1. checked
2. this, writing lyrics isn't being a musician.

well i'm sorry but noodling on my guitar has gotten me nowhere so fuck off

>>everything you write is shit
what's the problem exactly?
not everyone writes their own music, that's actually fairly rare

Make Harsh Noise or Drone music

SORTED

>want to be a human being
>you're just a subhuman alienlike piece of shit wearing a human face, pretending to be normal

as many times as it takes

because i actually want to? because i want to be able to properly express myself through sounds and shit and i cannot translate anything to the guitar because I SUCK

2slow

>come up with idea, feel proud of yourself for not sucking
>realize it's a shitty rip of one of your influences

>want to play guitar
>plug in, get excited about trying to come up with song ideas
>turn on amp/pedals
>play a few notes
>hate self, unplug, turn everything off

lol who cares if it sucks, it's not for them it's for you. Besides, sucking at something is the first step.

well I am my biggest critic and worst enemy, so if I don't like it it's not coming out. I also hate myself lol

tfw

I don't have this problem, I have the worse problem of writing amazing stuff and never being able to get people to listen to it in the first place.

It's called shilling. Do it pussy, don't be afraid of negative comments

fuck you, stop being a fag and release some shit then
i wish i could write good shit

nice dubs

Give up and make low quality vaporwave music like all other aspiring musicians these days.

gonna make drone
1 note per minute drenched in reverb gang ww@

>what's the problem exactly?
I think I'm too insecure to be sincere.
I don't remember more than half of my life.
I find it hard to be productive cause I'm mentally ill.
I might not have enough life experience to write anything.
Besides Kanye West it feels like there's no artist or album I really love, like I'm faking it.

create a character and become that character in your mind
then write songs from that characters perspective
plenty of artists do that

it's a lot easier to write this way for many people because it allows you to detach and just write like you're creating a story
when you've finished the piece you may be surprised to find how much you actually identify with it

I don't want to be a character, I want to be myself. I want to be honest.
>when you've finished the piece you may be surprised to find how much you actually identify with it
I guess I'll try it though, somehow. I don't know how I could create a character like me that isn't like me.

the character in your mind doesn't necessarily have to be like you at all

imagine you saw a news report about a boy who went to school and blew his brains out
and it affected you
so you wanted to make a song about it
so you invent a character who was at school that day
you become that character and write from his perspective
and maybe you end up with this
youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA

>imagine you saw a news report about a boy who went to school and blew his brains out
I READ THE NEWS TODAY, OH BOY

link us to it then, fag, I'll listen desu

just close your eyes and freestyle over the backing track until you hit on something

your lyrics are always going to just be some manifestation of your hopes and desires, i hope you can phrase "i wanna fuk u bby" in an original way

same :(

>just close your eyes and freestyle over the backing track until you hit on something
So, essentially, I should learn how to produce?
>i hope you can phrase "i wanna fuk u bby" in an original way
Not off the top of my head.

>want to make 80s pop but think that most new 80s pop is shit
>realize that there is no functional difference between the stuff I thought was good and the stuff I thought was shit
>hit an aesthetic dead end because I was really invested in it

>>realize that there is no functional difference between the stuff I thought was good and the stuff I thought was shit
You're retarded.

Join the club

>implying this doesn't actually apply to 99% of mu as well but with different genres

Songwriting tips from me, a fellow writer/musician

When writing guitar songs
>Play one "weird" or "wrong" chord in a generic progression, this has worked in my favor countless times
>Don't get stuck in 4 bar loops, If you write extended chord progressions you can get interesting results
>Don't worry about scales, or play in one scale one bar and another the next bar to get interesting melodic ideas
>If you're feeling uninspired in one tone, try switching to a different one you don't usually use if you're writing on electric
>Record and write parts over a loop, can create interesting sounds

Vocal lines are pretty much always felt out by me, has to just be your honest expression t b h

Lyrics are a different beast
learning poetic language is important, study poets
Stop being so fucking obvious and on the nose, make your listener work to understand, write something that only makes sense to you

>learning poetic language is important, study poets
Do you have any beginner recs? I've been trying to read more to improve my writing overall but I don't know who I should be reading

Keep writing.

every goddamn time