Why does this place even exist? what kind of a man buys shit here?

why does this place even exist? what kind of a man buys shit here?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-sears-restructuring-brands-analysis-idUSKBN16U2PX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I buy shit there.

I wouldn't buy a plasma cutter there.

But an adjustable wrench.

Sure.

What is this fucking fallout 4?

holy shit. thats a huge dick
name?

You buy tools here you will need to use one time. I also buy casters to make carts out of here.

I did however buy a sand blast cabinet here that is fine, it's hooked up to an air compressor that is not from here though.

Pretty much this. HVAC tech here. Won't buy an oxy/acetylene or anything dangerous and expensive, but simple shit? It's fucking great.

OP is a fag, as always.

yeah you need cheap tool like hammers and axe etc its pretty good, i wouldn't buy a drill though. even if you do you can return it for your money back or a new tool of equal value.

The guy that's fixing his motorcycle/car on a Sunday and realizes he needs this one stupid tool that he's never going to need again.

I buy shit here all of the time. It's less expensive than the hardware store, and better quality than Walmart shit.

I needed a 1 and 9/16th inch socket that I bought there. Why the fuck would you even make a bolt that retarded size?

one of the guys i work with bought some channellocks from there. Shit broke in half after once use. It was hilarious. Pittsburgh is the worst brand ever.

Jesus! Wtf were you fixing? I've never heard of that size.

You're not supposed to buy shit there for professional use. It's to solve a quick problem.

Wheel hubs on a vintage car transaxle. They were easy to get off, but it's pretty hard to torque to 400 lbs with a crecent wrench stuck in the end of a pipe....

the one who needs a cheap piece of shit that will last one job or is likely to disappear from the job site.
These.

mechanic here, literally all my hand tools are from here

i have only broken a ratchet so far, everything i've gotten from them still works

My neighbor bought a compound miter saw there, and it was so sketchy I would not even use it. Half the bolts were to small for the holes. Funny thing is it was only like $30 less than my DeWalt.

I'm glad everyone seems aware that it's very subpar crap and not tools you would want if you're a professional or a serious hobbyist. The thing is, they're not really inexpensive. It's overpriced subpar crap. I do buy things there from time to time though. Depends on what I need, how badly I need it, and the price.

I buy a lot of bins, saws, tarps, and lye

they don't ask questions and that's a good thing

I went with Craftsman, but the only time I have ever broken anything was by blatantly missusing it. I suspect the same is true for their shit as far as hand tools go. And you are a lunatic of you think I am going to load up on snapon hand tools

Because I'm not going to buy a ton of SnapOn sockets when the nigger shop tech is going to steal them.

Honestly tho they have a few things that are good deals but a whole lot of it is cheap shit too.

Simple. A man that needs a tool to work once and only once. Sometimes a job comes up that you either don't plan on doing again or do so god damned infrequent than Harbor Freight is a cost effective option.

I save the 20% off coupons I get. Funny thing is strippers get mad when you try to tip with coupons. A dollar saved is a dollar paid in my book. Strippers got to fix shit too.

I have impact sockets that I use daily as a diesel tech that are a few years old now and haven't cracked one yet. Also bought a Arbor press from there to do wheel bearings at home. But yeah the tools are sub par but somethings they have are decent

You have a theft problem in your shop? Theft problems in my shop would be dealt with pretty quickly out back.

I had one of those 2 cycle generators, and a solar package from Harbor Freight. Both worked great at my cabin.

We have this same problem at my shop

me too but i bury it all deep

>or is likely to disappear from the job site.

This. Being generally handy and generally nice means people want to borrow tools and I want to trust them. So the first many times they are lent tools, they are lent the cheapest p.o.s. version I can find.

The most trustworthy people are the ones who, upon borrowing something, will tell you if it breaks when they use it.

Again, not sure how you have an internal theft problem want would last....

Craftsman, Kobalt, Stanley, etc are bretty gud weekend warrior tools or even if you work in a shop and use em daily they shouldn't fail you unless you really abuse them. You can get away with using a Craftsman screwdriver as a punch or pry bar a couple time, no way that will work with HF shit. Also HF ratchets are pretty terrible. The black and green ones are ok but the ones you get in most sets will break even with occaisional use.

SnapOn is too much for most people but nothing wrong with getting something better than HF shit if you take care of your stuff.

As a contractor this place is perfect cheap 1 job tools to break and/or get stolen.

Other thing about Craftsman hand tools is if you break it they replace it for free. I think HF does that too, I think

bought everything I needed to make my own AK from a receiver blank. Then, once I figured out everything and was able to make quality ones, I bought quality equipment.

And dumped the Harbor Freight shit on some Facebook flea market group.

I bought two of the solar packages. What inverter do you use? Do you just use a regular car battery?

>mfw this is the best thread on /b right now and it is making my poop enjoyable.

Yes, but do you really want to be taking time out of your projects twice a week to replace a shitty Pittsburgh tool that broke?

Most of my Craftsman stuff is US made and people complain since they moved but I still can't complain considering the prices. I try and buy shit when they have the good sales, not the day I realize I need it and have to pay full price.

Duralast and Husky are like that to, lifetime warranty. Even if you chip the chrome.

wtf?!? Their shit is cheap af. I bought an entire gear puller kit for $35. Prob never going to use it again but it worked great to get the races off of a crankshaft.

A Chinamen.

only ones who are trying to avoid the fbi

Oh, I just have a place where I put broken Craftsman shit, and remember to go to Sears when I get drug to the mall.

On a side note, Sears is super fucking depressing, when I was a kid it was like Candy Land.

The Mexican variety

Fucking axles. Yeah they're crazy big nuts. On my bike the rear nuts are huge and each side is different. I had to buy two big-ass sockets. One for each side.

Gtfo

Some of it is inexpensive and they have a lot of "sales," but generally I find it priced a little high for what it is.

to be honest stanley stuff at walmart is better quality than craftsman nowadays. Go look at them yourself. The craftsman wrenches have so much slop that youd think a 9 year old chinese kid made it.

i went there once in the mid-2000s.
it was a very tiny shop.
wasn't more than 15ft wide and 30ft long.
dim lights
nothing but straight-from-china products
felt more shady than a 99cent store
too scared that the $5 hammer would brake after one strike
never went back until this past summer.
very different experience.
felt like the dollar store version of home depot.

Well niggers man. That's what it is and you can't fire them for stealing cause racism

I use this place

remember that Sears sold the Craftsman name.

reuters.com/article/us-sears-restructuring-brands-analysis-idUSKBN16U2PX

ITT white trashfags who buy cheap shit from China who think they're making America "great again"

because they have useful shit there. Don't but a fucking car jack you're going to be under though.

100% agree. As a kid Sears was a wonderland. The last time I was there it was almost creepy. Swapping out broken Craftsman tools is still fucking great.

High? Where else are you going to get a brand new 1/2" torque wrench for under $20? Thats not even including sales and coupons. Generally speaking most of their shit is like 20-40% off any name brand stuff.

Tools that I plan to modify for special applications or don't care if I break.
Op is a retarded faggot

Yeah, and the lifetime warranty is a bitch to get them to honor. Now that Craftsman is owned by Black & Decker, you know even if they do replace a tool, it'll be shittier than the broken one you're trading in.

No, you can take them out back and have a buddy grab his toolbox, and find your sockets that you etched your initials into the inside of, and then beat him

>reuters.com/article/us-sears-restructuring-brands-analysis-idUSKBN16U2PX

yeah i know dipshit. Sears/Craftsman tools have been on a steep quality decline for about 10 years now.

>dollar store version of home depot
Spot on.

I used a cheap 1000 watt inverter from HF. The batts were just a couple of Wally World deep cycles. Now you can get a lot better of ebay, for cheaper. But at the time I didn't have much choice.

A nine year old Chinese kid prolly did.

LOL I STEAL FROM HERE ALL THE TIME

Alright I need to go shopping.

This. Fuck you op.

I got dragged to one of their shit sales by a friend. Nothing but bins of over priced garbage. He buys a knock off Dremel tool and a cordless impact. I spend 2.99 on a chisel and punch set. How can you fuck up a chisel, right? I couldn't even pop the heads off of rivets with them, and the punches bent trying to knock out a 1 inch wide bearing race. The Dremel vibrated so badly i suggested putting a custom tip on it, and giving it to his wife. The impact battery lasted 10 minutes, one time.

>STEAL FROM HERE
Your morals are as shit as your grammar.

That's interesting because I always hear that their jacks are one of the better deals you can get there. Has to be the aluminum race jacks or better tho, the cheap ass steel ones are trash.

I keep debating it but I'm also the one who said it's worth spending money on good tools if you take care of them so I will probably get one from Northern Tool.

I don't know if you know how niggers are when whites are the minority. The last guy we had the problem with came up here with two car loads of people and guns cause we stole his tools. Even tho all we did was take our shit back cause we found out he was getting fired

You did what everyone on this thread is saying not to do, so...

I got a pair of bent needlenose pliers I use as a roachclip.

Are you saying I'm autistic or the nigger is autistic?

I only come here to buy hand tools (really only sockets,adapters,extensions) or specialty automotive stuff like a steering wheel puller. Sometimes i get some of the consumable stuff like zip ties/tape etc.

Never would i go in here to buy something that i should rely on for safety. Or power tools of any sort. If im in a real jiffy they always seem to have something on hand to make it easier. I dont expect some of their tools to last me more than one day but i dont expect to break the bank when i walk in either.

Is that the Humble, Tx location?

Why not steal nicer shit from somewhere better?

This

Drop cloths, shop rags, work gloves are good here.

You, you fucking racist. Wtf does this have to do with harbor freight? Also, I'm sure a "good 'ol boy" would do the same. Hell, I'd come after you if I thought you stole my tools.

>why does this place even exist? what kind of a man buys shit here?

The kind that needs tools? The fuck kind of question is that?

dis toolbox is highly regarded as best for the money

plenty of one time use stuff is worth buying there, bearing pullers, specialty automotive stuff, etc.

Nothing that uses electricity, and nothing you'll need in an emergency (in car repair kits, etc.)

I bought a jack there and the rear wheel braces were welded on crooked, one was 1/2" higher than the other, damn thing wobbled and squeeked like crazy, never again.

Tripps of Truth

same.
after gong this past summer, all i bought were simple items.
screw & plastic anchor kit with varying sizes.
aluminum leveler
alligator wire clips
and a metal speed square
tried to find a cheap 10ft electric pole chain saw
couldn't find one so i ordered a black & decker one from amazon.

I need me one of those. Some user on /o/ got a hospital cart that was perfect as a small rolling tool box and work bench and shit looks awesome.

I just don't wrench enough to spend a ton on tools but I like having the shit so I feel like a man.

Holy shit you fucking pedestrian. Harbor Freight is the business.

Twisty Ties and Bungee Cords.
Saw some guy buying a band saw. I said a prayer for him.

That man is more brave then 10 average men, and 1/10th as smart.

i bought that toolbox, the quality is not bad for the money. the jacks last me 4 or 5 years before they die, but almost any jack you can buy today is crap cause almost all are chinese made.

>Saw some guy buying a band saw.
What's the worst that could happen?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTI-QsTAuTw

Even their bungee cords are pretty shit, but they will at least get your gf moved outta your house. Plus they're so cheap you can tell her to keep them,

god i miss MadTV

I bought the A/C vacuum pump from there when I replaced all the hvac stuff in my truck and it worked great

>harbor freight
>name brand

pick one

I have a low profile jack from a 97 Ford Probe that still works to this day.

I'd probe her, if you know what I mean..