Swans live session right now guys, saw them last night and it was phenomenal <3

Swans live session right now guys, saw them last night and it was phenomenal

In Sheff? I missed out, I really wanted to go too... :(

Yeah man at the Plug, it was the most unique show I've ever been to, honestly feels more like skydiving than a gig, absolutely crazy

Listening to it now, radio 6 best station

I kinda want to go to the one in Manchester this Sunday but I've heard dodgy things about the venue.

What you heard man? i'm considering going too...

I'm so fucking angry I missed it now....

lol anyone fancy giving me a lift to the manchester gig? from sheff and I missed out

OP here, I sold my Manc ticket to go to Sheffield cause the venue is absolutely awful.
The layout of the bar/toilets and the overall sound quality (plus the location) are dreadful, if you need a drink or a piss your show is ruined.
Even if you can go without either, the high frequencies in that place blast the low frequencies to shit, couldn't think of a worse place to see a band like Swans and The Fall (as much as I love em) are god awful now.
This Is Not This Heat would maybe be worth it and Little Annie is great but man fuck Vic Warehouse

They were amazing in Leeds a few days ago. Only just getting over the tinnitus now.

aah fair doos.

I saw them in Leeds dude. Can confirm, my ears are still ringing.

>england accent
Ew

It's 'engGLISH' accent you pleb.

Don't get the deal with Gira. Saw them live, bought a copy of Glowing Man and got it signed, the man is a chill and humble guy. Had a really calm vibe to him. Also wore an ushanka instead of a cowboy hat and even then it was after the show.

>the deal
Meant the memes.
Some metalhead guy practically drank himself into a coma right before the show, was swerving and falling on top of people (not sure if trying to mosh or just completely fucked up), got slammed to the floor by two other fans, beat the shit out of him, and thrown out.
Fun gig overall.

I've listened to Filth a couple of hours ago and I expected it to sound like The Pop Group's Y. Aggressive, political, dissonant, honest and atonal. It delivered that, but it didn't deliver the connection and the emotinal pull Y did. On which albums did they come close or did what I'm describing?

SHEFFIELD REPORTING IT I wanted to go but had zero mates to go with, need to save all the money I have at the moment and seen them before. Sounded like a good gig though

Hit me up bro I'm in steff and I love swans maybe we can be friends

what's the deal with Swans in the US? The only two tour stops I saw here were at Las Vegas, and there's no way I could afford that

Neither. The Pop Group and Swans are completely different bands musically.

I understand that, but what I'm asking is - when did Swans really achieve their caustic, aggressive, abrasive sound?

Shall I go and see them? They're playing Birmingham in a few days. I've heard it's an amazing show but I'm concerned about them being as loud as I've heard. My hearing isn't the best right now.