Is American media aware of different UK accents (i.e. Scouse, Liverpudlian...

Is American media aware of different UK accents (i.e. Scouse, Liverpudlian, Newcastle) or do they still believe the stupid posh Victorian upper-class accent meme? From some of the anti-Rey threads I've seen, you guys seem to have some awareness of chav culture as an example of a different UK accent.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=scNLfr1EP08
youtube.com/watch?v=-8mzWkuOxz8
youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ
vocaroo.com/i/s0eZ99YpQQu1
youtube.com/watch?v=Ei1DnFdJrww
youtube.com/watch?v=huK0mIDAl30&ab_channel=MankyRecords
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think most Americans view it as a social class rather than a regional thing. Rich people have the upper class accent, poor people have the ALLO GUVNA accent

i mean there are 320 million americans living in 50 states with vastly different racial, economic, and social groups, so it's hard to say what "americans" are aware of as a whole
but a great many of americans know there are different british accents

Are Brits aware of the variety within Southern, Midwestern, New England, New York etc. accents?

>ALLO GUVNA
They used to in the 1930s. Now poor people in my country speak like this:
>Ya fackin' wot famm? I'll fuckin' shank ya innit! Wagwan blud. BBBBBRAP!

We know they talk funny in the north like on Game of Thrones

>Are Brits aware of the variety within Southern, Midwestern, New England, New York etc. accents?
Yes
Boston is my favourite to mimic

>mfw out in Barnoldswick and I hear someone speaking with an Earby accent

Do Cockney really do that rhyming slang all the time or is it a meme

As an american it's one of my favorites too, I love taking the piss out of them and chicago.

>Rey accent
She sure sounded like a retard. Out of place.

It annoys me when you get an American who fancies themselves a connoisseur of the accents here and whenever they hear a Northern actor they immediately go "Oh yeah that's a Yorkshire accent or Liverpool" and they're probably from Lancashire or something

>taking the tube to cunninghampton and you hear a derrington accent

Let me know where these people live so I can take a road trip to kick their pretentious asses.

Cockney is all but dead, but the few people who actually do stil; speak it are hilarious.

>Alright, so I'm walking the beat when I the missus gives us a bell on the dog saying 'er mum's fallen down the apples. So I hop in the sherbet get home only to find she's been telling porkies.

youtube.com/watch?v=scNLfr1EP08

Its very rare to see a young person where i live who doesnt wear trackies. I guess that tells you something about where i live.

I'm an American who has tried to learn the different English accents but it's really hard

I know a fucking ton of people who still use cockney slang; me included

Brown bread, apples and pairs, porky pies

youtube.com/watch?v=-8mzWkuOxz8

The popular Slang sure, but people legitimately from the East end who speak it properly are dying out due to gentrification and "diversity". Though funnily there's an enclave in Essex that do due to white flight.

The glasgow accent is terrible

If it sounds friendly, it's probably Northern.

Why are the English, and to a lesser extent Irish understandable but the Scots and Welsh sound like an alien species?

Do a vocaroo of your best boston accent, but use your normal accent first.

There are two English accents: cockney and posh. Everything else is just memespeak

Sheep aren't very good kissers.

Weren't there a bunch of people from Scotland complaining that iphones were racist because Siri couldn't understand the glaswegian accent? Dunno, I'm American.

youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ

vocaroo.com/i/s0eZ99YpQQu1

rate

GIS A JOB

There needs to be better drama's from the UK

They didn't call it racist since it's not the united states of white guilt.

i know theres different accents but i can't name them and have no idea which one is from where

>mfw drinking in a pub in Dribblesby and some soft cunt comes in speaking with a Taffingbusketshire accent

Pretty much this

>britsh
>gun
Replace it with a waterwing or some other inflatable for accuracy.

Agreed, though its not heavily used, just the odd bit here and there

>Is American media aware of different UK accents

They got Geordie right anyway...

>youtube.com/watch?v=Ei1DnFdJrww

No, because all of the American tourists in Europe have the exact same accent.

That has to be a joke.
Top kek

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes. My friend is ESL and she cant understand most British accents. Im American and i need subtitles when talking to the Scottish

you all sound exactly the same and i wish you would just stay in your own bad shows. have a good one -mike

youtube.com/watch?v=huK0mIDAl30&ab_channel=MankyRecords