What language will replace English in the 22st century?

What language will replace English in the 22st century?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/pascalemmanuelgobry/2014/03/21/want-to-know-the-language-of-the-future-the-data-suggests-it-could-be-french/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chinese

Polish

that's a cute girl

Bulgarian

Turkish

Irish

Only being spoken in China mainly desu

If it gets replaced it would have to be by a real multinational language like Spanish, French or Arabic.

Roze was pretty qt ;__;

>girl

Visayan of course

Suomenkhel

French, not even meming. Because of Brexit and like a billion French speakers in Africa

Mandarin.

Medžuslovjanski

Portuguese

Arabic

:3

Cyкa я тeбe щac eбacoc твoй пopвy нaхyй

:3

Esperanto and Swedish

íslenska

Bogdanese

ქართულად

Дyпкy cи нe нaдpви, шчeнѧк

Spanish, probably.

>Because of Brexit
HAHAHAHA

>like a billion French speakers in Africa
Only believable part of this post

Spanish I guess
Even tho it will be with a disgusting accent
Thanks to mexico anyways

You realize that there are 100 million German speakers and only 60 million french? Even Italian is as important in Europe.

internationally french speakers is more than double the amount of german speakers

fpbp

Demography is destiny.

>French isn’t mostly spoken by French people, and hasn’t been for a long time now. The language is growing fast, and growing in the fastest-growing areas of the world, particularly sub-Saharan Africa. The latest projection is that French will be spoken by 750 million people by 2050.

>A study by investment bank Natixis even suggests that by that time, French could be the most-spoken language in the world, ahead of English and even Mandarin.

forbes.com/sites/pascalemmanuelgobry/2014/03/21/want-to-know-the-language-of-the-future-the-data-suggests-it-could-be-french/

French will be used for the Brexit negociations and prominent politicians like Juncker have already stopped using English in the European parliament. If Ireland doesn't drop gaelic then English will cease to be an official language of the EU.

Even if a bunch of niggers speak it in Africa it doesn't really matter. They don't have a big influence. Many more people speak Chinese than English but English is still much more influential in the world than Chinese

You wont be learning a language for a country where you can't get a job. It makes no sense to move in either of these countries. It will stay english in Europe, everything else would be retarded.

The EU won't see 2020 at this rate lmao

Chinese is spoken by like 2 and a half countries in one area of the world but French is spoken by up to 50 countries on different continents.

Btw, this already an outdated forecast. The UN is already expecting 850kk speakers in Africa alone. by 2050.

Germany and France will elect the most pro-EU governments in 15 years and the next German chancellor speaks French(though with a Belgian accent).

I don't care if every single country in Africa speaks French, it doesn't matter. These people have no influence on anything and their countries are irrelevant. English is probably going to stay the top international language for a long time.

China will not grow indefinitely. Their market will show signs of slowing down. China will not take over the world like Japan failed to do. They are sitting on a demographic bomb due to their one China policy but the African markets have great potential for growth.

the Sup Forums dialect of mongolico

And what are the benefit of this? It's the same like learning Portuguese or Spanish. The only reason you would do this, is because of curiosity. Even South Korean and Japanese is more popular to learn, because of the sole reason to get a better life there. People in higher sphere will learn English. French has only a future in Africa, but Africa itself has no big future.

>and the next German chancellor speaks French
You are retarded

user Africans haven no issue with ditching/switching languages if it doesn't suit them in business or government. If French dies they'll just switch to English easily, Africa is a multilingual continent.

>but Africa itself has no big future.

It's one of the big booming developing markets currently.

Quite possibly German.

of course it's """booming""" because it's growing from 0.01% to 0.06% which is an increase of 600%

truth. it is the most widespread language in europe already. either german or french will become the main languages of the eu

Esperanto of course

>Africa has no big future

You have no clue what you are talking about.

The only reason why English tops the chart is America's hegemony but the developments in Syria showed that it doesn't even manage to keep a power like Russia in check. Out of nothing Russia managed to assert itsself as a new geopolitical player. The Anglophone century is over. The American people voted against free trade and isolationism.

>esperanto
this triggers the spainard

I doubt it. We wont force our language on anybody. We will stick to English and thus the EU will choose this, even though there are no brits in the EU anymore. Also, everybody can speak it.

French in Africa will neither die or be replaced by English, sure English is the current language of commerce but French is perceived completely differently. To much of the elites of Africa French is the carrier of humanist values, laïcité, even civilization itself. Just compare the rich tradion of African French-language literature that is wildly read all across the French speaking world to what Anglophone Africa contributes. It's just no match.

That's why it will stay.

who knows what the world will be like then, impossible to say

German is the most spoken mother tongue but French has more second language speakers after English.

Hopefully still English.

Probably disgusting Spanish desu

Most spoken language in Europe is Russian desu. Don't know what you're on about.

110,000,000 Russians in European Russia

89,000,000 Germans
8,000,000 Austrians

desu I cant predict anything replacing English unless the US somehow becomes crippled and the Chinks replace her.

French and Arabic sound "better" or more ideal as a world language but thats just my bias. Tonal languages are a no-go, anything with hieroglyphs either. English is alright but it has a shit ton of confusing and often useless rules.

They will learn English to access big markets. It's as simple as that as Europe did and as South Americans did.

>French and Arabic sound "better"
no they don't wtf

Arabic sounds like a coughing fit and French sounds like someone farting under water.

Still better than Germanic languages.
Maybe even Spanish.

But I don't just mean how they sound verbally. Also considering how well the language translates on paper.

Memes

>Still better than Germanic languages.
Well that's a matter of opinion. Personally I think Germanic and Slavic languages sound the best

Hyper-english

Im impartial to Russian.
But I'd kill myself if something Scandinavian took over.

No you idiot. English will reign forever. English is becoming the main language. In the future, I expect a new language with most of its words coming from English.

A language is just a way to communicate. You would pick the easiest and you would pick the one which is the most influencial and would give you the most chances. This language will creep into your society till it absorbs your own. And it will be English, till everything is converted.

Although this is a critical time for the development of the world languages aside from the internet there isn't much of a permanent institution that advances English.
Latin had Rome.

There is still a small window of opportunity for another language over the next 100 years to take over English.

w-why?

Some sort of maymay internet-borne speak that kids will grow up fluent in.

It'll be a horrid mash of English, Russian, and Chinese with some Spanish, Arabic, and Finnish sprinkled on for flavor. Indian and Nigerian English grammar will be influential.

None, this will stay, sorry

i gave a fap alrgiht:P

Spanglish of course, ese.

Simple Nigga English

Ideally Japanese.
Realistically Chinese (Mandarin).

>twenty-secondst

>khel
Are you memin', Moomin?

english version 2

emoji as well as beepboops

It will be a dumbed down version of English mixed with Arabic

> English is alright but it has a shit ton of confusing and often useless rules.

French is even worst in that regard.

You better to start learning Polish.

none

After America becomes nonwhite then Britain will become the most relevant country again and the dominance of English will continue.

China has never been relevant outside their immediate borders at any point in history and never will be

we cannot know anything about the 22th century
literally anything is possible

No language. Google Translate will unite all languages circa 2030. Mark my words.

t. quintilingual

I think you mistook Esperanto for something else?

he must have made an español - esperanto allusion

>Chinese
This meme again.
Chinese is not even a language.

You have mandarin, and cantonese. both spoken in very insular regions of the world.

English/Spanish/Portuguese/French are all world languages spread around by fallen empires. Spoken in dozens of countries.

If there will be any other lingua franca in the future aside from English (which I doubt will be replaced), it will not be some Horrendous, Ugly, language with a non-latin alphabet.

>to what Anglophone Africa contributes.

Anglophone Africa has a fuckton to for and it's in a language easy to access as well. They will shift to English as pressure from Southern Africa and the bigger Anglo states in Eastern and Western Africa grow..

>with nonlatin alphabet
;_;

>110,000,000 Russians in European Russia

How so? There are about 100 million Russians in Russia overall.

>Korea, Japan, Vietnam, mongolia