I'm an alcoholic with an IQ of 160+, ask me anything

I'm an alcoholic with an IQ of 160+, ask me anything.

I did a thread about this a few weeks ago and got some decent incite on a few things, but I would like to know what you guys think about the correlation between alcohol and intelligence.

About as beneficial as banging your head against a wall

Noted

You spelled insight wrong, genius.

Regardless of my shit spelling when I'm drunk. Please contribute to the thread

Says he has high IQ... can't even spell insight... go read a fucking book you specimen

Why are you alcoholic

What's with the ellipses? Also "a high IQ".
Asspie.

>when I'm drunk.

lol, not him, but that's not a drunk mistake. That's just a mistake naturally dumb people make.

Just kinda became a habit like smoking. When you realize the world is shitty you look for an escape.

K

Are you smart enough to realize that intelligence isn't fixed and was originally meant to test maturity?

I understand that an IQ test doesn't measure knowledge. It measures the ability to learn and retain information. So, yeah I guess?

Seems legit.
Context ? (Age, country, job/studies...)
Why an alcoholic ?
Do you have battletoads ?
How much do you drink a day/week and when ?

What Is the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?

Fuck out of here Sam.

try harder tryharder

Age 25, country US, job chef/cook.
I used to drink to have fun but now I drink because I'm used to it I guess. Just makes life a bit less boring and mundane.
Of course I have battletoads, you take me for some fucking casual?
I drink maybe a liter every day or two. No less than a gallon a week.

1) I don't believe you.
2) Internet IQ tests are not an accurate reflection of your intelligence.
3) IQ tests in general are not an accurate reflection of your intelligence.

1) I literally don't care.
2) The test was done by a psychologist.
3) See 2

>takes an IQ test when he's >18 yrs old
>doesn't realize IQ test are only useful on thinks that being an "alcoholic" makes him interesting
>thinks that he because he drinks and isn't a retard he is special
>uses liter/gallon to measure the amount of alcohol he drinks
>doesn't realize that a "gallon" a week of even hard liquor is nothing to the experienced drinker
>probably just chugs light beers all day like a pleb

Just fucking stop, just stop. I don't care if you "literally dont care." You read my post and you got the message.

Bump

Seeking solace in another's opinion of your intelligence, and citing it as fact is silly. Posting about it here makes you an attention whore. Drunk or not. I'm drunk, but you don't see me throwing out meaningless numbers and data collected by psychologists (which by the way are pretty much just less useful psychiatrists considering they're exactly the aside from the fact that a psychologist can't legally prescribe narcotics).

How much is a liter? To be more precise, a litter of what? A liter of beer ain't the same that one of vodka.

What do you think of yourself?
Do you think you have an healthy lifestyle?
What do the people around you (if there are, and if so, who are they?) think about you?
What kind of questions did you expect when you made this thread?
Did you really misspell insight because of alcohol, and if so, what were you thinking of?

Exactly the same*

yes this
also IQ is not static and being an alco will surely erode it

I bet you're fat, aren't you?

>IQ test was done during adolescents.
>I drink ~1.75 liters of 80 proof/ 40% alcohol whisky every 2 days.

Either way this thread got out of hand, I wasn't looking for solace or attention when I posted. I'm simply asking if there's a correlation between alcoholism and intelligence; and if you guys had any input.
I don't think very well of myself. My girlfriend says it doesn't bother her but I feel like it does.
5"8' 150lbs

>Done during adolescents
>Thinks it's relevent now

kek. I out drink you, and I bet I'm smarter than you if you have such terrible logic

Anyone who is actually intelligent knows IQ doesn't mean shit.

[spoiler]130[/spoiler][spoiler]yes, the actual hours long tests[/spoiler]

Proof, and what I've had since starting this thread

Battletoad guy here.
Sorry, mistook it for an AMA. And of course it bugs your gf.

Ok so going back to the main topic, I think there is a correlation between intelligence (not knowledge) and depression, even though it's up to anyone to choose how they cope with it. By depression I mean finding the outside world not as beautiful and interesting as it should/as others think. Yet that's only my point of view. What's yours ?

Congrats man. Be the best you that you can be.

Not OP, but I disagree. I think intelligence generally breeds pessimism/realism, but not depression, or even negativity per se. Many intelligent people use the shittiness around them as motivation, rather than as something workin against them.

>I'm an alcoholic with an IQ of 160+
I stopped reading from there.

Oh I get it now. It's a bait thread.

> IQ of 160+
> Incite

I feel like you guys are the only ones that understand.
OP here BTW, I feel like knowing too much is detrimental to the continuity of life. It feels like the smartest people have the hardest time enjoying life and being happy. Not in a sense of depression, but general well being I suppose.

So you took an IQ test as a kid and you think you still have the same IQ? Are you retarded?

Maybe

>implying IQ actually means something

What a coincidence that you find the only two people not calling you out on your shit to be the ones who "get it." I think you've got some growing up to do, pal.

Does it matter? That's not the point of this thread.

Battletoads guy.

I think you better expressed what I meant than I did, and I thank you for that.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm not perfect or smart or any better than anyone else here. I was simply asking a question.

Looks like the thread is dead. Goodnight guys, I'll try to post again soon.