Go to theater to watch BvS

>go to theater to watch BvS
>thought it was shit
>watch ultimate edition
>blown away by how good it was

Anyone else have this experience?

what was so different that made u love it????

Nope. Liked it the first time, loved the director's cut. Same shit will happen with SS.

It doesn't solve the inherent problems with the plot. BvS takes the Freddy vs Jason approach by driving the plot to bring the characters together in order to incite a fight while Marvel;Civil War sets up each character to have a reason to fight the other

I only saw the ultimate edition, what was so bad about the theatrical?

Stop letting white nu-males under 25 influence your opinion.

Not at all you complete and utter mong. Because even with the ultimate cut its extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

>I like garbage

YOU HAVE A SCREW LOOSE!
MOM IS GONNA FREAK!

apologize

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

>nu-males

Go to bed Sup Forums

Same experience here.
Saw BvS with a friend whose a huge Superman fan and he hated it. Maybe its because I have a love/ hate relationship with the Man of Steel. I like his story and the world he comes from, but I think his power set is complete bullshit. I think that's why I like these movies, because Superman is clearly god like, but not blow out of proportion like he is in the comics. He's more grounded and real.

BvS probably could have done better had they not purposely removed footage just to include it in the Ultimate Edition

They cut scenes that make the story better

Can someone explain why the directors cut is so much better? Everyone just says it is with no evidence. I haven't seen either cut but I imagine it's just a bunch of DCucks running damage control

Longer turd is better than normal turd

Director's Cut restores significant amount of context as well as subtext to the film, provides clarity to subplots and thematic elements, as well as enhances the already existing moments in the theatrical cut.

>le feces analogy

how to spot a plebeian redditor

I loved it since I saw it in theatres because it hit me in a particular moment in time but I understand where you're coming from.

>go to theater to watch bvs
>I left the theater confused and thought it wasn't a good movie
>I decide to give it another chance so I go to theater and I watch it again
>ends up being the greatest 2016 movie so far
>the ultimate edition even makes it better

>how to spot a plebeian redditor
easy
>supports capeshit

Haven't seen it in theater, first time was the UE on bluray... shit still doesn't make sense and sucks. Snyder is a try hard pretentious faggot who simply does not understand the source material. He's the Michael Bay of the DC cinematic universe.

I despised the theatrical cut, but it became my 3rd favorite capeshit film after I watched the UE.

Does anyone have the big screencap of the guy explaining Luthor's motivation and how he was after Superman's Godly worship?

you might be a pleb... just saying

Trying to sell the DVDs now are you?

>He's the Michael Bay of the DC cinematic universe.
Bay films actually have depth and Bay is actually an auteur

>superman can throw dudes through buildings like they are nothing.
>Batman's fucking huge ass car get's tossed aside as if it was made of paper
>somehow Batman's tin can armor could survive this

All they had to do to make this work is have batman put kryptonite on his armor. They did not have to give him an iron man suit. Now every movie with batman is going to beg the question "why does he not just get that armor from BvS?"

One of the major themes in Dawn of Justice was about post 9/11 American Delusion, our worship of power as a false idol, the power of fear in shaping the 21st century American mind, and the complicit nature of the mainstream media in feeding into this paranoid society (there are still cucks out there who fall for the "liberal media" and "conservative media" memes...it's all the same shit)

It explores this through the deconstruction of major American pop culture icons, by examining their existence in this aforementioned cynical society and how the two of them represents a particular element of this post 21st century American farce.

Then there is also the metanarrative within the film running analog to real world reception and criticism of both Man of Steel AND this film itself.

These are ideas, themes and concepts that literally ooze from every pore of this film, and the Extended Cut further serves to clarify all of this thanks to the now much better told narrative, with easier to grasp character motivations.

Make no mistake, few if any other capefilms belong in the same discussion as Dawn of Justice, as BvS seeks to legitimize myth within reality, providing a uniquely hyper real product unlike anything else. Nolan's films sought to neutralize myth in favor of reality, while Marvel seeks to stifle both myth AND reality within a cartoonish fantasy.

Cool non-answers. Both cuts confirmed for shit. Better luck with Justice League, faggots