I'm watching Mad Men for the first time. I'm at episode five of the first season. This gets better... right?

I'm watching Mad Men for the first time. I'm at episode five of the first season. This gets better... right?

MILK

If that titty monster is in it, who cares?

MOMMY

not really, it's just an overrated soap opera desu

dropped it 3 episodes in

This.

I'm on episode 12 no, no it doesn't. just watching for feet now.

No that's basically it. Dropped it some where in season 2 as I realized nothing interesting is going to happen in this series.

Yes

>he fell for the mad men is good prank
El oh el dude. Nerds here only pretend to like it because the men treat women like sloots to their faces, but still get in their pants; its a power fantasy for losers

This thread is full of newfaqs

I was 6 episodes into season 2 before I realized I missed the season 1 finale and never even noticed.

It's only enjoyable for the comfy misogyny

>On October 11, 2009, Hendricks married actor Geoffrey Arend. She has said in interviews that she and her husband do not plan to have children.

What the fuck she was built to bear children

Dude don't bother. Only loser men's rights activists like that anti-progressive trash show

It gets worse.

Yes if you are not a child and since this is Sup Forums chances are that is not the case please kill yourself desu

honestly mad men gets better with every season as the characters grow

I remember season 2 being a complete waste of time.

the show really opens up after the divorce

nope it gets worse stop watching it now and definitely never come back here to discuss it ever again

How?
Give me one good reason other than eye candy why anyone would watch a high budget as the world turns shit show.
Are there even any guns or murders?
Name a single good show that doesn't feature guns and or death.

After I watched the first 6 or 7 episodes I couldn't stop thinking this and then just dropped it. I was really disappointed since I was sure I would like it since it has a great setting and concept. The writing literally reminded me of my mom watching General Hospital.

Mad Men was really difficult for me and my gf to get in to it. We dropped the show and tried to pick it up several times later but just couldnt. I ended up forcing through it once it started get rave reviews in season 3 or 4, since then it's become one of my favorite series ever.

Can you spoiler that shit dickhead?

>episode five
look at him
look at him and laugh

I'm already liking it better. My wife likes it a bit more than me but I never shut it off. I was just a bit let down from all the great shit I heard about it. It definitely seems like there's a lot of potential.

fucking white people

Literally boring as fuck: the show

>tfw you remember the good old days of when mad men had live threads on Sup Forums and reminisce about how it was one of the best shows on television

what does your wife's son think?

kek

No kids for us... fuck that.

It is like a soap, just like Twin Peaks and Rome.
It's kino.

Yes, white people have stronger bonds with their parents and children. Wogs much more easily discard their own family members or kill them themselves. Good observation.

>Name a single good show that doesn't feature guns and or death.

Mad Men

ITT OP gets trolled into missing out on one of the best TV shows.

I don't think OP was asking about justified

I started this summer and it is a really great show
Season 5 is kinda weird though, something about the editing is really different and rubbing me the wrong way

>Twin Peaks and Rome.
those shows actually had plotlines though.

MM is pleb soap

Creepy freak.

even if it is a masterpiece, i dont feel it worth to invest time in it. ulysses (book) is apparently a masterpiece too, but i don't want to spend that much time reading it.

Congrats you're lazy and ignorant.

Nope, I'm still watching. I'm gonna stick with it.

>There aren't dragons or superheros in this, it sucks!

Fucking this.

>le workplace affairs
>le secret pasts
>le unexpected pregnancies
>le feminism

character development you fucking mongoloid

triggered as white boi lmao

go jerk off in your mums panties sicko

What makes something not a soap opera? Are all dramas soap opera unless they have some sci-fi/fantasy gimmick to them?

You can have a good drama as long as it doesn't get drug out and filled all all sorts of convoluted bullshit in an attempt to make it more engaging. I have not seen Mad Men so I don't know if it actually fits or not.

Open ended serialized drama.

It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp.

A soap opera is a series that you don't like.