Chapecoense officially awarded title of Copa Sudamericana after plane crash

>Chapecoense officially awarded title of Copa Sudamericana after plane crash

espnfc.com/copa-sudamericana/story/3012498/chapecoense-officially-awarded-copa-sudamericana-title-by-conmebol?ex_cid=espnfb&sf44920748=1

Thoughts? I think it's gay.

Other urls found in this thread:

globoesporte.globo.com/blogs/especial-blog/bastidores-fc/post/imunidade-contra-rebaixamento-para-chape-esta-praticamente-descartada.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hopefully the English team will kill themselves and get the World Cup in 2018

well it was either that or claim that no one won it that year

Indepiendente did everything they could to make this happen, they didn't even care much about the cup before the accident either way since they're going to the Clubs World Cup this month and are already qualified to next year's Libertadores.

they should have played with their reserves or youth teams

when a team does not show up for a game, the other team usually wins 3-0 on walkover. they refused to play with reserves.

they should let atletico nacional have it.

The other team could have fielded a reserve or youth team too then and at least have some kind of competition to find a winner. Despite the unfortunate events I don't think any club should just be given trophies that they didn't earn.

You need to get to the final first. Argentina should have done that

Having them share the title would have been the most sensible idea

I was expecting that to happen.

>they won the award
do you guys think it was

planned?

Awful and against the spirit of every actual sportsman.
But typical for this day and age.

Pretty much this.

Is anyone in Scandinavia not autistic?

yes, the non-white people in those countries.

>Implying people would be sympathetic to England

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're not exactly the most popular country on earth

>this day and age

They've always done stuff like this.

oh look it's the burgers showing us their participation trophies. how predictable

Literally the only thing this would do is fuck up Libertadores by having one of the 8 groups including 5 teams after a random Colombian team is given the spot (Independiente Medellín is already qualified to next year's Libertadores)

Germany's idea of the old times are.... different

>enemies kill you
>you win

Trudeauian tactics win again

>Autism intensifies

Would you need to give a random colombian team the spot and not just give the winner's spot to Chapecoense?

Here in CONMEBOL, when a team wins the Libertadores/Sudamericana and is already qualified to next year's Libertadores via their national league, the league gets an extra spot to the Libertadores. Same goes to national cups, if a team wins both the Sudamericana and the national cup, then the cup's runner up gets qualified to the Libertadores as well.

>con me ball

It was mostly for the money. The prize will help the team to rebuild and the dead players' families

Is it true Americans call ketchup for "catsup"?

>share the trophy
>ask the Colombian FA if they can remove the extra Libertadores spot they'd get just this year
>Independiente Medellín gives away their monetary prize to Chapecoense
Would there be anything wrong with this?

cheating fucking bastards what a disgrace

Examples?

No one gave Man United a trophy when their team died

Politics should also adapt.
>Haitian earthquake
>DomRep gives them part of their country

>die
>Win the title

Nice sport huehues

>be Chapecoense
>die
>go form 9,000 to 74,000 club members (maybe 5million USD worth/year)
>win 2million USD prize money for sudamericana
>get another 2million USD by CBF
>play Libertadores
>play Recopa
>thank but reject players who want to come that don`t have good behavior off the field
>reject virtue sinalling, stating we will lift ourselves up by our own bootstraps
ACE is BASED.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2016 Chapecoense MVP

Actually it would be pic related.

They rejected immunity from relegation too, calling it a "bullshit" idea.

Sounds like they have some people with their heads screwed on the right way left over.

Can't wait for clubs to start murdering their teams.

A lot of you are forgetting that Atletico FORFEIT the match. If they refused to play then the trophy goes to their opponent, as simple as that.

It is not like CONMEBOL said fuck you to Atlético

Yup. The Atletico players decided this on the day of the accident. Then the directors of the club agreed.

>Thoughts? I think it's gay.

me too, but Conmebol can't keep building up their image of "greedy cheap corrupts assholes"

> savage europeans nationalists not helping each after after 500 years of continuous conflict and just 13 years after a world war

Your people isn't capable of cooperation unless you are getting cucked by muslims

Conmebol are really doing their best to look good. They are even giving AN a fair play award of 1mil usd.

Independiente Medellín and Atlético nacional are two different teams. stop confusing then

Wew why the fuck did i write Independiente Medellín so many times

They were more than happy to take the cup for nothing though

>happy
I'm sure they are thrilled. Champagne all around.

literally no one is going to give a shit about this "who" club again in a few weeks

Well they did offer them a place in the European Cup but the English FA told the club not to participate.

Lifelong Chape fan here

FUCKING CHAMPIONS EAT A DICK BITCHES!!!

Maybe when I kill myself they'll give me an honorary gf

Because they didn't die on their way to a final game

tfw when Liverpool slipped and crashed and got nothing

> Stevie G tries to crash the plane in their way to a final with Liverpool
> it miss the mountainside and slips straight into the landing strip

>tears from Suarez and no one dies
>No one gets an EPL from the mass death

No

was winning the title part of their plan?

kek

When the Grande Torino team died in the Superga Crash, they gave them the Scudetto for that year iirc. But that team was also the main provider for the Italian NT, sport wise it was a major disaster than the one of chapecoense. Also I believe they still kept playing the league with their youth team, and their adversaries did the same, but I can be mistaken

Let's get some facts straight:

>Atlético Nacional was the one who petitoned CONMEBOL to award the title to Chapecoense, since they were already qualified for Libertadores.
>Both teams will still face each other on Recopa Sudamericana 2017.
>Chapecoense heard about this rumors and asked to split the title, but never made it in a official way.
>Atlético Mineiro also made an official petition to CBF, warning that they refuse to play against Chapecoense on the next and final round of Campeonato Brasileiro because it wouldn't change positions for both teams anyway.
>Chapecoense thanked all the support, but declined immunity from relegation.
>Chapecoense also started to rebuild its team with their U-21 team. They're also analysing the "cost-free" players who were offered by the other teams.

protip: no one cares about what you think

I think the reserves should have just played the final, might have won it anyway.

When Axl Foley died Munster won the next 3-4 games because they were running through walls.
I know rugby is more physical than soccer but it might have been some what fitting if they managed to win the final for their dead team mates.

But yeah, whatever just go around handing trophies to people because you feel sorry for them.

I don't think atletico would've actually tried and win anyway it'd just look bad it was a lose lose for them

>But yeah, whatever just go around handing trophies to people because you feel sorry for them.

Maybe ireland should try it, only way youll win something

Which reserves, m8? The WHOLE team was obliterated. The only survivors were the guys who were on the IR, the third GK who asked to stay home for his bday and a guy who was already sold to Palmeiras and couldn't risk any injury.

Now we know how we can get Arsenal, Milan and Liverpool to win a trophy again

You can't compare one guy dying (Foley was an above average player but an average at best coach) with a whole team, including the reserve players

>Starting team dies
>Reserves die
>Coach and the whole football staff die
>All members but one of the Director Board die
>Atletico Nacional ASKS Conmebol to give Chapecoense the title

lel, why don't they play the finals anyway! xDD stop giving titles away!!

Here is the situation of Chape right now:

>VP became President
>Board President became VP de facto
>There are eight players remaining: one GK, two CBs, one LB, one DM, two MF and one FW
>One MF was sold to Palmeiras before the incident (and kinda saved his life because of it)
>Another GK who was on IR retired from Football and is going to become a member of the board
>The father of the late fitness coach will take over his son's work
>Levir Culpi (former Fluminense's coach) offered himself for free until the end of the State Championship

>Chapecoense thanked all the support, but declined immunity from relegation.
Source?

>Ivan Tozzo, President of the Santa Catarina club said on Monday that the plan "is complete nonsense"
globoesporte.globo.com/blogs/especial-blog/bastidores-fc/post/imunidade-contra-rebaixamento-para-chape-esta-praticamente-descartada.html

I really like that the veteran goalie will be a part of the board. It is a signal that they are keeping true to their methodology and strengths.

>the pot calling the kettle black