Phone thread. Needing to upgrade my shitty note 5 and wondering weather to go the s8 plus or pixel xl...

Phone thread. Needing to upgrade my shitty note 5 and wondering weather to go the s8 plus or pixel xl? What's everyone's thoughts

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TouchWiz
youtube.com/watch?v=MsSRX1pobdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd go with the best: S8 Plus

Amerikanos

What's your reasoning behind it?

this is the S8?
its beautiful

Buy one plus t3

Had thought about the one plus but just not really sure

Op get a OnePlus 3T. All phones are shite compared to it.

Any thoughts on cases for the s8? They are all coming out with the curved edge and if it's like the other ones you won't be able to get a good case that will protect it good

And good battery life is a MUST! my note 5 is completely shit! Gets charged at least twice a day

I get nearly 2 days of battery with OnePlus 3t.

Samsung can suck a fuck. Their version of android sucks in everyway. Round edges are a crap novelty. Don't get suckered in.

I don't like the edges on any of them that's another problem the s8 will only come with the edge and I'm not a fan! How heavily do you use your phone? And another thing is I'm from aus in a regional area and not sure the 3t will have good reception where I am

Wait for the note8 master race

Maybe they won't explode like the note 7

I'm on my phone constantly. If I have a heavy video/music day I still get a solid day of battery life. 2 days of medium usage. Beyond this, I never have to reset it, as it has so much RAM I can't bog it down.

They will be much larger this time so they wont have to push the battery density as hard.

>master race
>note

1 million phones in the United States recalled cause kaboom.

Yeah I had problems with my note 5 at first using all the ram maybe the one plus t3 is the way to go

Point?

Note is still the pioneer of phablets and i havent seen anything to unsurp them thus far. Everyone else plays catchup and samsung just keep leaping back infront. Trendsetters. 6 inch phone for 6 years now

>Note is still the pioneer of phablets and i havent seen anything to unsurp them thus far. Everyone else plays catchup and samsung just keep leaping back infront

None of this shit matters if your fucking phone blows up does it. If the phone doesn't work it isnt leaping ahead is it.

I kinda remember my xperia fondly
Is there anything good by Sony?

That's why Note 4 wins everytime, removable battery. I have replaced mine only once and I have to charge it once every day and a half, the phone is still smooth and quick, I have an IR blaster, with MicroSD expandable storage, all with Android Marshmallow. Oh and did I mention a stylus pen?
>Note 4, is the best hands down

Does your phone blow up faggot?

Dude yes the phone blew up. But the batteries weren't manufactured by Samsung. The phones were assembled by Samsung. The Note 7 was arguably the best phone around. Until of course it blew up, regardless the Note 7 was the smart phone king.

>Does your phone blow up faggot?

No because I wasn't fucking stupid enough to keep it. I sent it back as soon as the problems started

Get a Mate 9

totally user. I've had nothing but positives things to say about it since picking it up a few months ago. Oh, and it charges in 30 min!

Im waiting for the note8.

Hurry up already!

Stop talking to the "notes blow up" idiot, this kinda troll ruin every phone thread and think theyre funny

Enjoy getting cucked by google

Fingers crossed the Note 8 will kick some serious ass. I would like it to be like the Note 4 except updated with a new processor, and new look. Along with a more refined Android Nougat/O experience.

Samsung has a shit UI/Android experience. Until they throw it out all their phones will be shit. Not to mention their terrible security practices.

Yeah because it didn't happen right faggot. No Samsungs blew up and they weren't recalled

Oneplus 3t or wait for Oneplus 5?

>Samsung has a shit UI/Android experienc

If you need a phone now, just get 3t. its not that expensive for what it is.

Thought about a Huawei Mate9?

Works fine for me. Not sure if srs or trololol

Shit UI/Android experience? Yes in some cases they have taken away some of the better parts of the Android experience. But I would say it's not much different from stock.
Explain your reasoning.

And terrible security patches? Explain.

stick w/ this. just tha best one so far. jmo!

>not much different from stock.
>not much different from stock
>not much different from stock

Because they have such a customized experience it takes them months to issue updates i.e. security patches, new versions of android etc. Samsung phones always receive updates last.

Security : See Vault 7 Wikileaks for a starts

No one wants a phone that's over three years old

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TouchWiz

I'm surprised S7 ever got Nougat, when did it get it? A year after Nexus?

maybe. but still a powerhouse. look at all the shit going on w/ smartphones? shit holding up pretty good.

Yes I have a Note 4, it's honestly the best. Bought it for a cheap price, runs smoothly, has a great battery, pretty fucking good camera and that Stylus ain't that bad. But sucks that I'll never see Nougat on the device. But hey I can totally install custom ROMs too.

I liked my 1+1, so I replaced with with a 1+3T. Fucking thing bricked during the initial OTA update 5 minutes out of the box so I returned that piece of shit and picked up a Honor 6x. I'm really happy with it, but I might upgrade to the larger Mate 9 sometime soon.

TouchWiz isn't that bad, yes the early iterations of it were fucking shit. But in the newest Samsung devices it works fine. Even if you don't like it, you can install a custom launcher too.

That aside though, does anyone actually use the edge shit? I know two people with edge screens, neither of them have ever used it. Also what's with the retarded aspect ratio on the 8

Even if you replace the launcher you still have garbage underneath eating all your resources.

Yeah that's true but I don't have to buy one right away so I can wait. Think I'll regret buying 3t if the op5 comes soon

>Retarded aspect ratio
21:9 is in it's infancy, new shows such as Stranger Things was shot natively at the 21:9 aspect Ratio and we can see that the LG G6 has the 21:9 aspect ratio too. So it could be the new 16:9 ratio that has become the norm over the past years.

>edge shit
Yeah it's more for looks than anything, I mean I would rather a Note 4 Edge than a Note 4 purely because it looks sexier. Not many people use it but Samsung just uses it as an excuse to sell there phones at a higher price.

absolutsly, versatile

3t is only a few months old. Going to be waiting a while.

3t is not 4 btw. its like the S version of 3. OP5 will be years out.

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime masterrace

You are aware of that the latest mobile processors are rather powerful. Plus with the refined experience of the latest AndroidOS it's improvements make it run smoothly. If it's really affecting you on your latest Samsung flagship device (which is unlikely) just root the device and uninstall all the shitty background processes, faggot.

That's the thing though, it's not 21:9 which I could understand seeing as that's basically cinematic ratio or damn close. It's some weird shit like 18.5:9 which will never be a standard in media realeases

for real. I had a captivate a WHILE back and the bloatware was fucking insane. I'd go pixel OP, I'm loving mine rn

It fucking is.
I think it's better than the Note 5, but that Android Nougat thou.

Well shit.
Ýou're right user, I can't really explain the fucked up screen res.
I mean at least they are trying new things I guess?
They had little reason to fuck up something that was already fine. But I guess the advancement in the smartphone market calls for new innovations with every generation. In this generation I guess it's a bigger screen.

Get the note 4.

Is rooting hard? Not the guy you're talking to, but I've always wondered if it's easy or what. Seems hella complicated. I'm not good with technology either so maybe that's why it seems so daunting to me.

I mean I know why they tried it, big screen and still one handable but other manufacturers are making bigger screens and shit works just fine, I'm using a 6" screen and never have an issue, if I did I could always use the one hand screen shrink thingo too. They should probably just leave the S8 as a normal sized phone and leave the Note to do proper phablet shit.

Why won't you see nougat?

>Get the Note 4
Yes I agree 110%.

Battery isn't exactly spectacular user

The 3t is probably just to be able to sell the case and other parts that are in common with the op3. The midnight black version is just another way to sell out the phones to get rid of them before the new Oneplus.

Rumours are also that it's gonna be called OP5 because of the unlucky number 4 in asia.

>latest mobile processors are rather powerful
Official tech specs.

Even if I didn't have to go to all that effort to get a shitty phone working properly. The 3t is significantly cheaper and has better specs, etc.

I'm pretty sure it will top phone but how about we boycott this company until they make phone that don't stop working after 2 years?

Have you got one?

What more could you want? I don't know hm what people want.

You just watch youtube videos and pretend you know what you are doing. it pretty easy.

this is a galaxy note4 in 4k.
youtube.com/watch?v=MsSRX1pobdU

The 3t has a giant battery and better cams. For a few extra bucks its a descent upgrade from the 3.

I didn't realize they may skip 4. Thats good to know.

Samsung being faggots.
The phone has already seen three Android versions KitKat,, Lollipop and Marshmallow. If they continue to support the whole Note 4 user base will have yet another reason note to upgrade to a newer flagship. Though the Note 4 does meet the required specs of Nougat, Samsung are just being greedy Jews.

It isn't more powerful than the 8 user, even the Snapdragon version runs at a higher clock and both versions have a faster gpu

3400 isn't giant

Yeah, but with the ability to pop it out and replace it on the go is really awesome. Something that you don't have with other flagships.

We all have our own opinions that's fine. I don't know about the 3t so I couldn't judge it.

Yes I do, and I fucking love it. All I could want is Nougat, or at least stock Marshmallow Note 4 Marshmallow works fine, but I prefer stock.

Yeah that's pretty much how everyone does it.

Kek alright I guess I'll finally try and do it. It's really worth it huh?

Yeah it is! 3t is still a great phone.

That's the rumours at least. We'll see.

You want the LG V20.

The screen ratio on the S8 is because they deleted the physical buttons and added a section of screen in thier place. It's basically a regular ratio screen for media... plus a bit. It becomes added screenspace for web browsing or apps.

Its a great feature.

I thought most of that has to do with your wireless provider though?

>weather
Kek

Aye but there are plenty of phones with 4000 and you can always carry a credit card bank if you manage to empty a 4k which is a fuckload of screen on.

In most cases yes, it requires first Samsung to release it to your wireless provider then they do what ever the fuck they do then they release it to you.
Takes fucking forever.

Which other companies have had for years with a regular 16:9 ratio

>Buy a new battery when it can't hold a charge
Or
>Buy an entire new phone

just promoting tha shit. could careless, cheers!

You ask the question like there is only one answer but the amount of people that throw cars away because they need a fix worth 1/10th of their value is insane.

Wait for the next note. I upgraded from note 4 to s7 edge and I miss a lot of the features from the note, mostly the stylus functionality.

My Note 5 is alright. It sucks balls conpared to my Note 4. Whatever, got a good deal on it. I don't plan on a new phone until next year. I sure do miss that ir blaster, removable battery and that MOTHERFUCKING SD SLOT. 32gb is not a lot:(

Nah it's really not now, was pretty useful a few years ago.

Sorry wasn't very clear
>32gb is not a lot:(

With a whole 7 dedicated to OS.
You should've seen me today clipping memory to make room for downloading a movie. I nicked and dimed mb and kb. Pretty sad honestly.

I'd die without my OTG cable

That was the main reason I changed out my One M8, it was a 16. Phone was great but constantly deleting to install/update got old.

Look what i just got.

You mean you COULDN'T care less, user.

happy w/ my n4.

Are you the guy I was just talking to about that?