I don't trust an opinion if _______

They rate Pet Sounds 10/10

They don't rate Pet Sounds 10/10 (well, at least 7/10)

they say hungria is the best gepe album

They hate U2

>go to rym profile
>look at 5s
>ABBA greatest hits 5
>some random bach 5
>random assortment of noise and traditional folk music, + some random pop singles and classical
the thousands that are like this are all worthless.

They think La Cucaracha is Ween's best album.

They use the term dad-rock

They listen to hiphop unironically and rate hiphop albums as high as others.

They frequent Sup Forums

They phone post

This

They've never listened to a jazz album
They like the new Gorillaz album
They don't listen to The Flaming Lips because they don't like the lead's voice
They're favorite Beatles album is Sgt. Pepper
They think The King of Limbs is good
They've haven't listened to hip-hop enough to have an opinion on it

>They rate anything 10/10

>they have no 10/10s
too afraid to have an opinion?

top ten rappers from the 21sth century.

they think the Beatles were inventive

They like Swans

they find joanna newsom tolerable

Sgt Pepper is objectively the best Beatles album though

They like the Beatles

this

>They don't listen to The Flaming Lips because they don't like the lead's voice
I like Wayne and FL but I feel like disliking wayne's voice is somewhat reasonable

They don't know anything about classical music
They don't know anything about music theory
They think Loveless is "bland pop with effects"
They think Sonic Youth are "boring college rock"
They think the Beatles were a bad band
They think Viva la Vida by Coldplay is a good album
They judge music by how well it fits into pre-existing genre conventions
They judge music by how well it's produced
They judge music by how "experimental" it sounds

>They think The King of Limbs is good
but t hat is correct, you imbecile

Viva la Vida is objectively good

They are right about Loveless tho.

Wrong, it's your standard vapid, predictable Coldplay album. Sup Forumstants get tricked into thinking it's good because Eno produced it and they made half-hearted attempts at foraying into genres such as baroque pop and shoegaze.

Calling Loveless "bland pop with effects" is a gross oversimplification of its painstaking and highly idiosyncratic approach to sound art. Shields' guitar sound on the album isn't reliant on effects pedals but mainly on distortion, feedback, studio experimentation and his distinctive "glide guitar" technique. The core aesthetic of the album evinced most readily in its unique production style is also reflected through the sophisticated, almost impressionistic approach to composition (though this likely goes over the heads of most non-musicians): extended and suspended harmonies everywhere, unresolved dissonances in the melodic lines, touches of modality, droning phrases that last longer than you'd typically see in pop music, simplified repeating structures etc. All of these stylistic traits combine to establish the ethereal, hypnotic atmosphere the album is clearly aiming for.

Seems like you're judging Loveless based on how "experimental" it sounds.

but it sounds like shit tho

Not at all.

You spent too much time writing this. It's not bad. It's just not as "artisteecal" as people including yourself make it out to be. It's an 8/10 at best user

That's your (shitty) opinion and you're entitled to it.

It didn't take that long to write.
>It's just not as "artisteecal" as people including yourself make it out to be.
No idea what you mean by this.

>It's another "Sup Forums user thinks an incredibly acclaimed, innovative album isn't as good as everybody thinks it is" episode

dubs of truth

>They judge music by how well it's produced
that's a valid criteria to judge by

lol

Damn that hurts, agree with everything (although I do think Wayne's vocals are the low point of the lips). But I do like King of Limbs. Not their best album, but still enjoyable IMO.

gotta agree with that point. the producer can have such a big effect on an album and how it sounds they're basically another member of the band.

What exactly are you implying when you say people judge music by how experimental it is?

To me it seems like you're doing just that.

>they judge music by how experimental it sounds

I do this sometimes

>see ABBA or AC/DC
into the trash they go

They like Yeezus. I'm convinced at this point that it's one big inside joke.

/thread

Holy fuck I have seen so many of those exact accounts. Why is it always fucking ABBA?

they follow pitchfork

their favourite beatles album is rubber soul or revolver
the only modern band they like is tame impala
they use rym
they care about reviews

>They think Viva la Vida by Coldplay is a good album
d-delet this...

They don't like any punk

>objectively
Instant drop

This is what will save Sup Forums

they listen to ska

I don't trust an opinion if they like something I don't like.
I don't trust an opinion if they don't like something I like.

There, I just posted every answer that is or will be in this thread. You're welcome.

they're like this guy

They use opinion about jazz/gorilazz/the flamming lips/ the beatles to grade your taste in music

KYS mate

this

yep, this too

They think singer=the band
They think anything a pop group does is cutting edge (98% of the time they are wrong)
They complain about how meaningless shit like "the millennial whoop" is killing music
They care about the metal scene
They think something not being serious enough lessens the artistic merit of the music
They care more about the presentation of the music than the music itself (see: anyone who likes/dislikes something just because it's made with a guitar/synth)
They dislike a band for political reasons
They acuse pop artists of selling out just because they don't like their newer material

they not only don't listen to lyrics, but actively disregard them and insist they don't matter.

I have a hard time tuning into lyrics. Certain tracks I've listened to hundreds of times, and I still can't sing all the words along to the song (not even complicated music, even freaking Songs of Leonard Cohen is like this for me). On the other hand, I also don't find many lyricists worth paying much attention to. Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Nick Cave, Tom Waits, that's most of them right there. Lyrics are important in adding variety and narrative, and I know most people don't have my issue. But for me personally, lyrics are much less important than other aspects of music. If something isn't musically interesting (can be simple, can be complex, just needs to be creative/smart), then it's of little value to me.

Honestly I'm fully an instrumentals first person, but the reason I started to appreciate lyrics is because they gave the instrumentals more context and impact, rather than wordsmithing merit on their lonesome.

if they like Oasis

if they come to this board

>Future shoots at them

It's the only episode :/

I'm glad bullying didn't turn me into a contrarian.

>They rate Hail to the Thief as the best Radiohead album
>They rate the King of Limbs as the worst Radiohead album

>They think Kendrick Lamar is anywhere near the best lyricist

>they like pac more than biggie

>They are favorite Beatles album is Sgt. Pepper
because it's the best?

They don't like metal

If they trash talk or outright HATE The Beatles

If they think early Beatles WEREN'T punk in any way shape or form!

The think Kendrick Lamar and Radiohead are GOAT. They suck.

you're a fag for typing all this but i 100% agree w/ your statements

They shitpost on Sup Forums

can i still use beer commercial rock? it covers mostly the same stuff + shite like the war on drugs

what's a bad song on pet sounds?

half the songs are complete garbage.

>rym scale is thousands of 0.5s and two or three classical albums at 3.0, the highest score with a rating

they score based on a community's opinion. It is fairly easy to see who is brainwashed by Sup Forums on RYM by looking at their ratings.

>They think Viva la Vida by Coldplay is a good album
Of all the Coldplay albums you could think of, this is the one you chose to mention? Why not take one of their newer albums that are actually just pandering to the mainstream?

>Everybody else is wrong

Because no one likes those
Viva La Vida is the one that's supposedly acceptable to like on Sup Forums, you don't see people making threads about fucking ghost stories or the one with the monkey wearing Beats