What's Sup Forums's verdict on The Police?

What's Sup Forums's verdict on The Police?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EFkUS1sSoPA
youtu.be/wnLOZ80bkQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The greatest of the New Wave bands. All of their albums are required for a pop collection and Zenyatta Mondatta should be Sup Forums core

I agree 100% with this post.

>What's Sup Forums's verdict on The Police?
BLM says guilty

One of my personal favorites

found something i want to listen to on spotify right now. thanks user.

The Biggest Band in the World until they passed their instruments and the title to U2 at the end of the last performance of the Synchronicity Tour

"The tour wrapped up at Giants Stadium on June 15th, 1986. The Police closed out the night. They ended their set with "Invisible Sun," bringing out Bono to sing the final verse. When they finished, they handed U2 their instruments for the all-star finale of "I Shall Be Released." "It was very emotional for them," said Bono. "I think it was clear in Sting's eyes that he was not going to be in a band anymore. They had come together for this tour and that was it. It was a very big moment, like passing a torch."

youtube.com/watch?v=EFkUS1sSoPA

One of my favorites. I love Sting. Beautiful voice and assertive artistic direction.

Also their drummer did a bunch of Spyro music for those unaware.

>The greatest of the New Wave bands.

YOU FUCKING WHAT???

An amazing greatest hits band, god awful album band. Almost every song they put out that wasn't a hit is trash. It's almost amazing how they did it.

Nah, they were good for another four or five non hit songs an album. Zenyatta's A side is all quality and only Mother off Synchronicity is bad.

I love the Cars too, but the Police have a few more 10/10 tunes than the Cars

As a fellow new wave fan, I agree to disagree.

Piping hot take.

What are these 10/10 tunes you speak of?

>Almost every song they put out that wasn't a hit is trash

Um, no
youtu.be/wnLOZ80bkQs

You suck. Thinking about songs like Canary in a Coal Mind, Omega Man or The Bed's Too Big Without You and umpteen others makes me very angry in the context of your retarded post.

The Police were a great band that quit while they were on top. Summers may use space better than any guitarist ever and Copeland is just a god tier drummer. I love em.'

SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS SENDING OUT AN SOS

Sting being an asshole made the Police great. He ruled the band and writing all the songs made them great.

Andy and Stewart can whine forever about how Sting didn't let them put their own stuff on the albums, but they both know the stuff they would have put on the Police albums would have been shit compared to Stings stuff (Listen to Andy's "Mother" on Sychronicty....wtf)

Crap, this is gonna be a long one.
So in addition to the 3 Outlandos singles from album 1: Next to You and Peanuts
The 2 singles from Regatta de Blanc and: Bring on the Night, The Bed's too big, title track, and Does Everyone Stare
Zenyatta has the 2 singles plus: Canary in a Coalmine, Man in a Suitcase, Bombs Away, Driven to Tears
Ghost has the 3 singles plus: Secret Journey, Demolition Man, One World
Synchronicity has the 4 singles plus: Walking in Your Footsteps, Miss Gradenko, Synchronicity 1, and Murder by Numbers

and to be fair to the Cars:
Let's Go, Tonight She Comes, Just What I Needed, Shake It Up, It's All I Can Do, Tonight She Comes, Think It Over, You Might Think, Since Your Gone, My Best Friend's Girl

both worthy bands but I give the edge to the cops.

Yes, but at the same time Sting's snorefest of a solo career proved Sting needed Stewart to axe his weaker ideas. Stew also wasn't a bad songwriter. Miss Gradenko, Bombs Away, Does Everyone Stare, and Rehumanize Yourself are all fine and his Klark Kent album has four or five gems on it. I won't defend Andy, though....

>Sting's snorefest of a solo career

I disagree there. Sting's Nothing like the Sun, Soul Cages and Ten Summnor's Tales were great. He wasn't trying to keep making punk-reggae Police music when he went solo, he was a jazz guy before Stewart roped him into doing the punk thing they tried on the first 2 Police albums. His solo stuff gets shit on because they were really popular on AOR, but if you listen to the albums, they have good stuff on them.