Hey guys I have got a challenge for you...

hey guys I have got a challenge for you, i want you guys to try to prove or disprove the existence of a god using the most scientific means possible, lets see what happens

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyuNrm4VK2w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would a God create people who will never hear his word and are doomed from the start to go to hell?

Like people in the Congo or Inuit people who were completely isolated from Western religion. How could any religion possibly be right if not everybody has access to the "knowledge" and who to worship? No God, especially one as jealous and childish as the Christian god, would allow that to happen.

What's with those dinosaurs? So there was a hundred+ million year period where there were no intelligent mammals? What was the point of that?

Also what about baby deaths. The bible doesn't address that. What happens to them?

Also why does God have a different psychological profile in every book? That doesn't make sense.

Why would he have a son to spread his word when he can just manifest himself and tell people he exists at all times? Is it about faith? What's the point of faith if there's nothing concrete or even slightly existent to justify it?

If Jesus was indeed the son of God, why did it take so long into human history for a prophet to manifest? That's a little unfair to everybody born before Jesus.

Also if Adam and Eve were the first humans, why would God's word mean any more or less to Eve than the serpent's? Why should Eve have respected God's demands any more or less than the Serpent that tempted her? Why would God then punish them? That doesn't make sense.

Dude I don't think there's a God.

You cant because god is an abstract concept.

if you knew the first thing about statistics you would know that there is absolutely no way to prove anything right... but there are endless ways to prove something WRONG and with a varying degree of certainty (called confidence intervals)

so when predicting probability of GOD's existence you cannot prove that 100% but rather challenge it with the null hypothesis (GOD does not exist) and you can prove that with 99% degree of confidence...

but you are still missing 1%... also I want to see your proofs that god does not exist. I hope they are plentiful

one thing that makes me believe that there is something is that how did life start to exist, you cant say that it just appeared because that is not how things work, everything comes from something, so how would life form after the big bang?

who says the big bang was the beginning? oh yeah scientists who lack information to prove their theories correct..
>DUDE big bursts of energy created all stars and the universe and natural geometry LMAO

>you cant say that it just appeared because that is not how things work

Then who made God? Everything comes from something.

>so how would life form after the big bang?

Cosmic dust creates stars. Create galaxy clusters. Stars explode. Explosion creates planets rich with all kind of heavy elements from a star. Correct conditions are existent. Amino acids form. Evolve into more and more complex beings as they adapt to the environment. Eventually humans evolve as a result of millions of years of this.

If you want an example of evolution happening before your eyes, viruses can be observed evolving.

god depends on definition

god made god silly.. and then god made everything else including a planet with organisms that would heavily speciate and eventually become your dumbass.
no god by nature is absolute. there are just differences in opinion on what to call him.. differences ascribed by humans, NOT god

I'm just saying if you define god as existence then of course existence exists. If you define god as a manlike deity who made the universe, then things get messy.

>god made god silly.. and then god made everything else including a planet with organisms that would heavily speciate and eventually become your dumbass.

Calling people names doesn't help your case, which has a lot of holes. How could God have made God from nothing? Also, how do you know that? Does the bible say that? I don't remember the bible ever saying that. I've read it a few times. No mention of God making himself.

Hypothesis: Gods/Deities are real and you can connect through them with magic and signs.

Abstract: We concluded you all freak out unless this is censored.

Method: Draw this to the best of your ability on your right hand with a sharpie.

Findings: This is a magical sign connected with a deity which when drawn as seen in the picture will change your mood and make you feel different, the blind portion of this test is how many try it and you tell me how it makes you feel.

Conclusion: Smoke weed everyday.

>god as existence
interesting outlook but I don't think so. god is not you and he is not me and we both exist (so we think) so there has to be a third party involved the way I see it logically

do you understand what the term infallible means? because god is described as being absolute and infallible across 2000 years of scripture

have you read genesis?
>and then there was light

prove that god exists then

The "big bang" is the beginning of all measurable data we have acess to. If there is a "before" we can not acess data about it. Scientific theories are correct until disproven, assuming they are backed by evidence and make the least assumptions to be true

see see: statistics 101

what is your proof of the null? let's talk about it

If he's infallible then why is he fallible?

>you are guilty until proven not guilty
that isn't how it works in the court system and it isn't the case with theories either lol

you need mountains and mountains of evidence that god does not exist... which is???

not an argument. where is your proof? you are just saying words now

I reccomend the move called flatland. here is a linkSetEnv.cmd It absolutely blew my mind and made me consider deism very seriously.

my bad, here is the link: youtube.com/watch?v=eyuNrm4VK2w

he's a hypocrite.
"gay is sin"
>gay people are born that way
>god supposedly doesn't make mistakes

No answer the question. It is an argument. If he's infallible, why can I poke holes in the theory? If he's infallible, why can't you answer who made him? Why didn't he mention it? Why didn't he cover all bases?

If he's infallible, how is it that he's fallible?

"darkness within darkness, the gate to all mystery."

maybe you don't DESERVE god which is why he has never revealed himself to you... did you ever consider that? OR are you too busy blaming others for your problems and requiring that all information be spoonfed to you? I suspect more of the latter 2bh

>maybe you don't DESERVE god which is why he has never revealed himself to you

According to God, everybody deserved the love of Jesus. So you're incorrect here.

>? OR are you too busy blaming others for your problems

Filler? I dunno what you mean by this here. This has no relation to anything we're talking about.

>requiring that all information be spoonfed to you?

No not the case at all. I need sufficient information or data to make a conclusion. Big difference.

>I suspect more of the latter 2bh

Well I guess you suspect wrong. All I need is an answer. Who created God?

>According to God, everybody deserved the love of Jesus. So you're incorrect here.
yeah if you accept him as being absolute and infallible..and you have not
>Filler? I dunno what you mean by this here. This has no relation to anything we're talking about.
all you keep asking is for my proof/info on his existence... look outside your window buddy.. there it is ! now your turn for the contrary... oh wait.. you require spoonfeeding
>Who created God?
nobody

>>Who created God?
>nobody

Well how can something come from nothing? I thought that was your opening statement earlier. I just need something concrete or the court has the throw out the case. If have a science literacy, the earth itself isn't evidence for God.

Also Jesus loves everybody in the Christian faith no matter if you love him back. You should consider reading the bible again.

>Well how can something come from nothing?
you know who said that? Isaac Newton.. a man... a man who is fallible because he is not god and god is infallible...

or are you calling Isaac Newton your god? even he was a devout Catholic.. you know this right? RIGHT?
>Also Jesus loves everybody in the Christian faith no matter if you love him back.

No that is man's interpretation of the scripture circa 1500s... keep that Protestant schlock out of here

>I just need something concrete
funny because god created concrete too

Also just an addition, but asking for evidence isn't "needing to be spoonfed"

If we're talking about facts, then the facts are all that matters. Withholding information when the other party needs it to make a conclusion is counterproductive. It's not scientific. You're mucking up the rakes and trying to subvert the scientific process. Be smarter than that.

Not enlightening.

I've had very smart conversations with people who disagree with me on God. This is not one of them.

faith =/= a scientific process
you are barking up the wrong tree trying to operationalize the unoperationalizable and quantify the unquantifiable...

that's a dangerous game to play and also not scientific

"smart conversations" I bet you think of yourself as smart.. I hate to see what you call "dumb"