ITT - Films That Everyone Forgot Exist

ITT - Films That Everyone Forgot Existed Already

What movie

foxcatcher
the mechanist
the reverent

Holy shit you're right.

That movie came, had a popular series, left, and nobody remembers it at all.

Why did this win the oscar again?

Everything about it was completely unremarkable from a filmmaking perspective.
There was even cringey oscar-bait speeches

Foxcatcher is unironically my favourite movie of 2014.
Not to suggest it is the undisputed best of that year, but definitely the one that stuck with me most.

Nah bro, pretty hyped for the next one. Just seems so long ago.

CHECK THE FEEDS FOR ME JOSH

Makes me sad.

>There was even cringey oscar-bait speeches
This is why. Everyone in the academy votes on the movie, not a select small group of judges. So do you think every person sitting in that auditorium watched every movie on the nominated list? I wouldn't be surprised if some of them only watched a couple of select clips like those Oscar-bait speeches and voted based on that.

Don't forget: there are filmmakers, not necessarily film fans or film geeks. It's their job to act or write of direct these things, but this event is probably not something they take seriously, just a big party to go to and vote for their friends in the industry.

Remember that movie where Daniel Craig was holding a shotgun on the poster?

Maybe because it's a fine movie. Nothing to really complain about.

I rewatched both movies recently and I'm pumped for the third. The OG Planet of the Apes movie is one of my favorites of all time.

Who do you all think would play the leads if they get to that point in the new series? I'm betting Tom Hardy/Oscar Isaac/Ryan Gosling/Scott Eastwood and Margot Robbie.

I talk about this movie kind of a lot, certainly one of my favorites of that year. I showed it to my folks too just last week. I fucking love that movie. great science fiction and social commentary.
spotlight
yeah i hope everyone forgets this movie.i hated this one

i remember this purely because of bryce dallas howards ass

This should be in a "nobody knows it exists" list

what