How does everyone stay calm while playing games...

how does everyone stay calm while playing games? i have severe anger issues and whenever i die i either punch the fuck out of my thigh (which has left me with massive black bruises) or my armrest on my chair which i have broken like 6 times. i've never broken anything but ill actually punch stuff until my fucking hands bleed and i cant calm down afterwards

never broke anything except my arm rest***

because I realize that its just a game

if you're not having fun while playing a game (to the point of hurting yourself constantly), then maybe that game - or even gaming as a hobby - isn't for you.

seriously, why do something that irritates you?

Because most people aren't fuckin idiots.
You probably curse and throw a temper tantrum and shit and someone is fucking with you.
See kid, in today's world, people force you to do things by affecting the things you're interested in. If all you wanna do is play games, then your games will become your hell because people are faggots and leave shit the fuck alone. Everything runs off of wifi nowadays so basically through your many other devices they're gonna use the cameras, microphones, and any network, personal, or public info to fuck with you.
The names of the people you're playing online with might be some sort of direct or indirect taunt, the game might glitch and fuck you over in some unforeseeable way, but the shit is all pretty simple.

i know its just a game and that what i always tell myself, but the wins balance out the losses for me alot of the time

he probably does it because it's not always irritating. OP I can only recommend you play games which are focused on fun only, 0 thinking, 0 skill required, It's what I did back in the day.

i try but most of the time i feel like the sense of accomplishment isnt there if i only wreck npcs

well maybe because not everyone has severe anger issues. Just a guess.

just stop playing that shit game and get new hobbies

continued from
>buy yourself a safe, something large enough to fit any tablets, smart phones, or (if you have to) laptops inside of. It also needs to be able to block wifi and cell signals so make sure.
whenever you wanna play a game, put your shit inside of it and lock it up (or at least shut it closed). By eliminating the things connected to your network you starve whoever's behind your torment of the info necessary to fuck with you so you'll be able to play a normal game.
Other than that though, none of what I've said can account for whether or not you suck at whatever your game of choice is.
Also, if you still find trouble, it may be that someone you know who has access to the network is responsible either directly or indirectly.

Stop playing competitive zero-sum games. Find some that are educational or coop.

what exactly do you get angry at when you die? the other player? yourself?

you want to have a sense of accomplishment while not raging at all?
Good luck bro, only thing I can suggest now is smoke a bud before you play.

i had exactly the same problem when i was younger
it naturally disappeared when i moved to my own apartment and got a job

i figured the issue was that i just played too much, and it wasn't for fun anymore
the anger grew stronger when i played for several hours in a row
a minor irritation, for example if it was too hot it my room etc would drive me nuts

just try to actually play for fun

I dont have issues because I'm not an immature asspie

Maybe suck less at the game you autist

git gud

>"It's just a game bro"

Remember you can only get good by learning from your mistakes. Even if you feel the death was unfair you can still take steps to make sure it happens again. Getting angry stops you thinking about how to get better and so you'll stay angry, it's self fulfilling.

I always play Call of Duty using Donkey Kong arcade game music as background theme (the one of early 1980's)

its usually a combination of both

this. don't be that one scout/tracer on the tram who just runs directly into combat and then complains when they die, just to do it again and again for 20 minutes. obviously you messed up if you died (unless the game is bad), you need to remember what misstep killed you and do something different.

i do lmao, it helps keep my calm but i cant concentrate as good

team*

i feel like im just gonna be raging out in my room to dk music lmao

smoke half a gram, gram tops, should be enough to relax but not make u stupid

Ever played dark souls fgt?

Because I'm an adult and can control myself.

Been playing games forever. I do it for fun. I very rarely get upset and if I do its generally because I haven't had anything to eat yet (hypoglycemic so I get hangry). Honestly playing so much Dark Souls killed what little rage I had left when I would game. Game taught me that if I'm doing bad, it's me, not the game. That game does a helluva good job at getting rid of your rage reflex. Unless you suck I guess.

>TLDR; git gud scrub, why you gotta be such a fag getting so pissy over entertainment? Maybe gaming isn't for you, you cock goblin.