How the fuck do you stop thinking about someone? I'm about to go fucking insane

How the fuck do you stop thinking about someone? I'm about to go fucking insane.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/v3eVb5R
youtube.com/watch?v=6bAPlojfgO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do something fun, or kill youself

Start a hobby, or do something that distracts your mind like a video game or something

Define "fun" you glorious faggot.

The latter gives definite results.

Lobotomize yourself faggot.

Games get boring after a while.

Dude, time. You can't make it stop, you just have to go with the flow. It's supposed to hurt, and slowly you'll realize the faults that person had and the love haze will fade and you'll see their flaws that you chose to ignore and then you'll learn what you don't want in the next girl and you'll become a better person or some shit

waste time in this

DEPRESSION DISCORD

for currently depressed and recovered people

alternatively, come to our SUICIDE room, learn about the best suicide methods and also how to livestream your exit, for FREE!!! We have people killing themselves EVERY WEEK

discord.gg/v3eVb5R

The only way out is through

What you resist persists

Just take some time out where you won't be disturbed, lay in bed, close your eyes, and breathe into your feelings and sink into them.

Tried this before and it made me worse as a person. All of my relationships have been shitty for some odd reason and have made me worse overtime. Any other bright ideas, smartass?
>Sink them in, let them eat you up from the inside
Yeah, solid advice, asshole.

get rejected or assume you would get rejected, fall into a realistic state of mind and stop tripping on hormones

Get rejected from what?

Same thing

well i was assuming you couldnt stop thinking of someone because you had a crush or some gay shit like that

You could just find someone else to obsess over? Make eye contact with people and eventually you'll find someone who might give you a glimmer of hope that you are in their league with a pacifying smile. That's the one you want because she obviously wants you - she just doesn't quite know it yet. Follow her around from a distance, taking in all the places she goes and who she talks to. The places she goes will give you an idea of what gifts to buy her and the people she's with are your competition, so start plotting how you're gonna take them out of the picture. A good plan is to follow her until she's at her car. Take in the model, registration, etc. Follow her to wherever she goes, making sure you don't appear to be following her intentionally. Eventually she'll arrive at her home. Once you've got her address, a world of possibilities will open for you. Planning for these will definitely distract you from any thoughts of former love interests, I can assure you.

I don't wanna be a downer but suicide generally makes you stop thinking... about everything...

I don't "crush" on anyone. That's some gay shit.
Bro, why the fuck would I follow someone around? This is blatant stalking. Why would I forget someone by obsessing over someone else who probably wouldn't bat an eye to me?

>I don't "crush" on anyone. That's some gay shit.
thats fine and all but can you give more context to your fucking dumb question then? why are you this autistic?

>How the fuck do you stop thinking about someone?
start thinking about life. become a philosopher my man.

There is a reason the thinker does not have a gf and never will...

Alcohol and benzos have been fucking up my vocab so I'll be brief and simple as possible.
I want to stop thinking about my ex but I can't seem to stop no matter what the fuck I do. Does that help, faggot?

Be productive and it will pass. Go to the gym, play sports or games, go out for a drink

Time heals all wounds, friend.
You just have to roll with the punches. You'll never return to "who you were" as it were. But you'll be able to move past that person in due time.
To make it more bearable you can just do things you find enjoyable, or anything to just take your mind off it. Try to avoid drugs, and negative stimuli, like cutting yourself. That shit just makes it worse in the long run.
When I'm feeling down I post on Sup Forums, and just fuck around with anons because I don't have any IRL friends.
Moral of the story just do anything that will keep your mind occupied and you'll feel better in a while then you'll be able to think more clearly.

>Does that help, faggot?
ye it does, ive been through many tough situations in life. Heres what you need to do, keep yourself busy at work and with hobbies until you dont care about her anymore.
Thing is, you need to be in a situation where she will not be mentioned, seen or anything and you need to be social with other people. If you have her on social media, erase her and stay away from that shit

>Try to avoid drugs
Too late.
I don't know have any real hobbies and I can't seem to enjoy anything. Nothing works I guess.
Even when people say "time heals all wounds" Those wounds eventually come back and become even worse.
>keep yourself busy at work and with hobbies
I don't have both of those things. I'm trying to find a job at the moment but it's harder to stay put when you have someone in your head that's essentially making me feel like blowing my brain out.

arent you a sad cunt, kill yourself then

oh and if you do kill yourself, please livestream it

Any methods?

depends, you want excitement or boring and safe?

Doesn't matter.

>Those wounds always come back even worse
Have you considered seeing a therapist? You may have a case of some sort of mood disorder.
>I can't seem to enjoy anything
Being fixated on someone you've lost can contribute to depression. Then the more you think about that person, the worse you feel, and the worse you feel the more you think about that person.
It's a really nasty negative thought loop that you need to break. That's the key to getting them out of your head. You need to break that thought loop with some sort of external stimuli. If you have any friends irl you can confide in that would be a good start. Alternatively, you can go for walks, watch tv, play vidya, go to some sort of social outing/gathering. You don't have to do just one thing. You should try and do as many things as you can to keep everything fresh. As, if you are depressed you will just getting tired/bored/annoyed with the one thing you're doing and regress back into your negative thought loops
>too late
I know that feeling. Using drugs as a crutch is a bad habit that will make you feel worse in the long run, just keep that in mind.

fap
a lot

then lets be creative, ive yet to see someone livestream themselves bleeding to death in a bathtub, you could do a Q&A until you pass out

Therapy never worked for me.
> you can go for walks, watch tv, play vidya, go to some sort of social outing/gathering
Try those and I still go back into the spiraling void I call "Life"
> Using drugs as a crutch is a bad habit that will make you feel worse in the long run
Like I said, too late.
You'll never get the satisfaction of my suicide.

I'd definitely recommend killing yourself it worked well for me

>You'll never get the satisfaction of my suicide.
didnt realize you had an ego, go drive yourself to death if you want excitement or take a bag of compressed nitrogen over your head if you want to pass out and die in a boring way

Distractions; the art of not giving a fuck. Beyond that, "luck". You just sound like you've got compulsive thoughts. That's life.

Retcon

Hit a nerve because I'm not streaming my suicide?
Maybe you should follow your own advice.

you want advice and we get nothing in return, you sure are selfish

drugs and/or alcohol help

Oh boo hoo

you dont sound very suicidal, why are you even posting?

>How the fuck do you stop thinking about someone?

If they're still breathing and there's a chance in a million you could still be with them, go for it.

If it's never going to happen, bury it DEEP and NEVER think about it.

When did I say I was suicidal?

>All of my relationships have been shitty for some odd reason
The common feature between you and your shitty relationships, is you.

Time to go insane, OP.

>asks for methods to commit suicide
>later on implying you're not suicidal
arent you le supreme trole of le 'tisms

>therapy never worked for me
that's because therapy doesn't fix your problems. It tells you how to fix your own problems. Becuase you're the only one who can fix your own mental issues.
The things you do aren't what stop you from being depressed, they just relieve some of the pressure you may feel from being depressed so you can think more clearly and sort your problems out.
If you never sort out any of your issues, they will always come back to bite you in the ass way intense.

>Don't think
>profit

It fucking sucks OP, when you figure it out let me know

Stop giving a fuck.

I know it sounds like I'm just being an edgy faggot with a quick response, but it's actually as easy as that. The less you care about it, the quicker it'll go away.

Beat off to them until your chemical obsession with them is literally exhausted.

castration. the only thing making you think about them are the hormones and desperation from only having a sock to cum in

kill yourself?

Enlighten me on that and why they haven't made me worse as a person.
>>later on implying you're not suicidal
Because I never really claimed about killing myself but whatever helps you sleep at night.
>It tells you how to fix your own problems
And I still haven't fixed them because they somehow come back in full force making it harder to focus on myself and other things that I want to do. That's why I've been drinking a lot.
That was a meme I followed back in high school and I lost that touch a while ago.

Rape

>Because I never really claimed about killing myself but whatever helps you sleep at night.
litterally this autistic heh

>come back to Sup Forums after 8 years
>the board I came to 11 years ago as a newfag
>realize you're all fucking teenagers
>literally have real girls posting along with us now

OP

IF YOU ARE MALE

THEN YOU LITERALLY HAVE ONE FROM THE FOLLOWING CHOICES

>1. become her cuckolded lover
>2. stop being a faget and go out to put some numbers down without making kids
>3. save the white race

tl;dr the only choice from preventing you literally being insane is
>3
or
>2 then 3

THIS WILL BE MY ONLY POST

Yeah because my first post was about committing suicide.
>>Being this autistic
I'm not white.

>because they somehow come back in full force making it harder to focus on myself and other things that I want to do. That's why I've been drinking a lot.

That's the thing about dealing with your problems. They're going to come back when you think you've beat them. You can never truly heal a mental wound, but you can learn how to deal with it. If you get past a negative emotion and that emotion comes back you can't give in to it, or it rules you world and you're back at step zero of feeling bad without knowing what to do.

Actually going through this right now too, user, ending after three years. There's nothing you can do to stop the thoughts, but you can distract yourself.
But if you want to get over her quicker, really push on the emotion button and cry it out for a day or two, your brain will burn out on sadness. Ever notice how after an emotional bout your mind kind of resets? I think our brains are made so that extreme emotions cause negative feedback loops to prevent you from crying until you die of dehydration, or laughing until your stomach bursts, etc. You can use that "reset" period to look back on your relationship objectively, and you'll see some palpable problems in the relationship. Once you've found them, make them mental anchoring points for the next time you feel sad. You'll remember these things the clearest, and you can build internal narratives on the negatives of the relationship. You'll still feel emotionally damaged, but the logical undercurrents of these narratives will just get stronger with time. The emotion fades like nicotine pangs, but the logical side of your brain will win out if you give it enough ammunition.
I think the worst thing you can do is expect it not to suck. Expect the worst. Endure. You'll get past it.

listen dude Sup Forums is probably not the best environment if you're depressed. if youre having a rough time go talk to people that actually care and will listen and care. i know what position you're in, go google 'positive coping strategies', talk to someone, and try not to gather too much attention while you're getting your shit together.
is 100% right

'tismmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>That was a meme
I hope you understand that legitimately thinking about something periodically is habit-forming after a certain amount of times. You can genuinely form the habit of not giving a fuck about something in particular. So what you meant to really say, is that you are incapable of not caring about this thing since you left highschool, and you question why your faculties fail you as you drink yourself into a more worse state of being.

It's almost like this is what was supposed to happen.

>Enlighten me on that a
you are a nitwit.
with that out of the way, either you always pick a shitty person to have a relationship with, makes you a shitty dumass nitwit, or its your fault every time because you are a shitty dumass nitwit.
regardless, youre a piece of shit because you havent figured out which scenario is happening, and worse than that, you havent learned a fucking thing.
>start second guessing every thought or belief you have ever had or will have. not kidding one bit.

>Deal with it fagget
Gee, thanks.
Time takes too long.
>So what you meant to really say, is that you are incapable of not caring about this thing since you left highschool
No no no what I'm going through was after high school. High school was a great time for not giving a fuck and graduating.
>you always pick a shitty person
I made this mistake at least 2 times already and even when I don't pick a "shitty" person my relationship turns to shit for some fucking reason all the time. Hell it's not even me that's wrong, I can promise you that.

it just takes time kid

I can attest to this as well. The easiest way to get over someone is to just freak out and think about the worst case scenario (the most probably scenario). You feel an intense betrayal from this person from your physical reaction the stress. There is literally no other option but to not care, its like flight or flight, with no option to fight because its so overwhelming. I have had emotional panic attacks so intense that I've vomited. However, around an hour into the panic attack something switches and you can't care about the person anymore. This happened with a bf and I am healthier now than I freaked the fuck out

4 years ago I would have believed you.

>I don't like that the only way I can deal with my problems is by dealing with my problems
good luck with that then user

Honestly, you don't. I was with a chick for about eight years before shit went totally sideways. That was 13 years (and four 6 month to 3 year relationships) ago, with countless short timers thrown in. I still think of her at least 5 minutes out of every day. But the pain lessens, and eventually it becomes like that time you overpaid for a car, or said something truly retarded. You don't forget, but it doesn't crush you anymore.

>at least 2 times
>at least
>even when I don't pick a "shitty" person my relationship turns to shit
>it's not even me that's wrong
Denial.

Do something productive. Also, stop relying on people for happiness. It won't work.

Call it whatever you want. It's just how it's been.

And the 1000th same advice goes to...

It's just denial.

Okay, pal.

youtube.com/watch?v=6bAPlojfgO0

My speakers don't work at the moment.

Denial and narcissism.

this thread is a pity party dumbass

>narcissism
How?
I know, I just wanted to listen to the shitty music.

Can't believe how well this troll thread has gone. Come on, Sup Forums, stop being so fucking retarded all the time.

>it's not even me that's wrong
I swear, it just keeps happening! I don't know why!

It honestly hasn't.

ITT: A faggot that never learned how to deal with a problem on his own and he's asking for advice that he thinks he's going to internalise overnight.

>even when I don't pick a "shitty" person my relationship turns to shit
>at least twice
Let's hear the maximum amount of times it's happened, magically.

Meant to say It honestly isn't me. I've broken up a few relationships because of how I felt about them and what I was looking for in a relationship. Even the ones that I actually wanted to stay in didn't last because of too many problems brewing up in my life or the significant other is half brain dead and I let go of them because it would become worse in the long run.
Reading must be a bitch for you.

>too many problems brewing up in my life
>my life
>my
>life

>because of how I felt about them
>how I felt
>I felt

>I've broken up
>I've

>the significant other is half brain dead
>and I let go
>I let go
>I

>honestly isn't me
There's no possible way it could be you, right?

OP, you need to calm down.

Well how else would I explain to you about what's happened in the past? This literally doesn't explain anything besides being nitpicky.

Why are you still hanging on to the bait then?

>This literally doesn't
That's where I stop trying to help you. "Literally".

Why did you keep trying anyways?

Half to help a comparatively worthless human being, and half to be mean about it. But, there's no real fun in making fun of someone who is comparatively half brain dead.

Damn your life must be just as bad as mine to get some form of satisfaction out of this.

Like the plebeian you are, you did not understand. Have fun not thinking about someone.

>you did not understand
>You're such a narcissist
>I like making fun of worthless plebs to benefit my shitty life

Keep in mind, I never said I wasn't narcissistic. But I will say now, that I only have self confidence in not being retarded. Two different things, unless you're retarded.