Solo bat

What does it need to have to not be a fucking train wreck?
>no more edgy spins on characters. (Dr.crane has "ARE YOU ARAID" tatted on him, Ivy has a pot leaf on her)
>Letos joker suddenly gets his tats removed so it doesn't look like shit
>better detective skills shown by Bruce

>Leto's joker suddenly gets removed so it doesn't look like shit

FTFY

Also
>no killing
>atleast show one member of the bat family and not give them an edgy twist

let Affleck have complete control.

That works too

>What does it need to have to not be a fucking train wreck?
Let Ben do his own thing. This is the man who made Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and Argo. He can be trusted.

No references to the rest of the shit dceu.

>It's an end of the world villain again

We said the same about Ayer and critics destroyed him

no quips

>make it an origin story

have a basic mobster or something non-supernatural as the villain, have a good central mystery, and have batman act like a detective. don't try to make it quippy and don't reference the other DCEU much at all

to be fair, suicide squad was like a bad mash-ups of reshoots and rewrites

i dont think it's entirely his fault

way too much studio meddling

>non supernatural

That's most of Batman's villains, including the Joker.

I would enjoy this a lot but it will never happen

Ayer might've made Fury and End of Watch, but he also made Sabotage. More importantly however, Ayer didn't get to do his own thing.

Don't make it an origin story, we all know Batman's origins.
Don't try "it's like poetry it rhymes" with Nolan's movies.
Less big dumb action with Batman, more detective work with Bruce Wayne.
Recast the Joker, Leto was barely involved with Suicide Squad anyway.
R O B I N bare-legged

I hope the rumors of the script borrowing heavily from arkham asylum is true.
You'll probably get to see some good ass gadgets used

>no killing
Fuck off Nolan Cuck

But Nolan's Batman killed.

Try to convince these new fans who slobber Nolan cock that.

Eat shit. I love every depiction but there is some truth to it. Sure batman who kills is great but it messes up so much for future movies? Why is any rogue alive other than joker if he could just kill them

So far, Batfleck is the best one we've had so far in relation to the comics. Obviously, just like the comics, this series exists in the DC multiverse and a large portion is going to be very different or an amalgamation of the comics.

As long as they pay attention to, rather than carbon-copy or ignore the comics and how the character is portrayed in the comics, they are doing just fine. We do not need another fucking origin story. I love that they have cut it out and have only shown hints of what has happened in his past 20 years of being the bat. As long as we get necessary pieces and the next solo batman isn't just rife with shit we already know, it will be fine.

Maybe because there wouldn't be stories to tell? People like you who over analyze everything are just ruining movies for yourselves. He's not a stone cold murder. Running over a nameless goon with the batmobile is collateral damage. The relationship between Batman and the Joker is more complex than that.

>more complex than that.
And that complexity is ruined when you have him kill and then not resolve to stop after supermans death. The whole point of their relationship is they're polar opposites. Joker uses that rule against him which really tests his restraint. Don't tell me I'm ruining movies I'm a fan of it and I'd like to see the character done justice in an accurate depiction. Some collateral I'll agree with you on. Like hitting a guy who drops a grenade fits into it because it was his own fault for pulling it but deliberately shooting a truck is stupid for his character. Save that for if they ever do Thomas Wayne

Have Leto's Joker be a fake. Recast Joker and have him be in Arkham(assuming thats the leaked plot) and have Leto's Joker just be a fake like Gotham's child Joker.

Keep Superman and JL references out of it entirely, make this a standalone Batman movie that works without the Snyder verse.

Base it off Odyssey, return Batman to his hardcore roots.

I don't get it, do capeshit audiences think soldiers, cops or even Gordon is a bad man for using guns and ocasionally having to kill killers?

good one

Solo Bat is going to have million Execs breathing down its neck trying to make it "more like Marvel" and "more like Nolan Batman"

because they re-edited his movie into an incoherent, quippy music video?

its a consistency thing. Characters that have a well known moral code are expected to stick to it.

It is not ruined. Batman just doesn't kill the Joker. Your guess is as good as mine as to why. Maybe they're codependent. If Batman won't kill him, why wouldn't some fed up cop, or Gordon or prison guard or even a citizen just shoot him? The real answer is because the Joker doesn't and couldn't exist in the real world. Making larger than life fictional characters strictly follow the rules of reality fucking ruins them.

i get it that part of the fantasy is that moral code and him being a superhero instead of just a hero (so he can afford that "no kill" rule same as superman who can solve shit easily)

But I'm ok with Batman killing some dudes occasionally, it'd make him human. But i get it that writers would constantly abuse and go "now what, will he kill for the rare 990th time?"

No Leto Joker. I can't imagine Affleck reacting well to his behind the scenes shit all the time

This moral code shit is from Nolan and Goyer who have a weak grasp on the character and saw the panel in TDKR where Batman breaks the gun and says this is the tool of the enemy. Batman can kill when he sees fit, he just doesn't like guns.

same as with everything else, hopefully they don't do anything that panders to the opinions people have on the internet

>and saw the panel in TDKR where Batman breaks the gun and says this is the tool of the enemy
Have you ever actually READ TDKR? Batman says that if he kills someone, it'd be crossing a line he set for himself 30 years ago. Lana Lang points out on the news that Batman doesn't kill. Even when he finally decides to kill the Joker, he doesn't succeed, Joker has to finish breaking his own neck.
Jesus Christ.

for fuck's sake, bvs very clearly explained that that was a batman at the end of his rope, over and fucking over again yet still there's this bullshit about it "not being batman" just because of that detail fuck's sake

>Even when he finally decides to kill the Joker, he doesn't succeed,

That doesn't matter. The intention is what matters.

Attempted murder is not murder. Even in the end, Batman didn't actually kill him.

give bin-afflicki the creative freedom to do what he wants. hopefully he'll bring something new and not just lift things from comic books and let test audiences ruin it.

I know why he was killing dickhead.
I understand the fucking need for the character to do it but now he made a resolution to STOP doing it. So I want to see it followed

Apparently to you "edgy spin" just means having tattoos you unimaginative fuck

Have Bruce Wayne have an active role in the community of Gotham. Have Bruce Wayne use his resources to help treat the cause of crime while Batman fights the symptoms.

>im poor so i raped

I did say "Batman fights the symptoms", didn't I?

maybe bruce wayne should be a preacher fixing the cause of crime (ie godlessness) while fighting the symptom as batman

pretty shit when ideology is forced in there right?

It's a shame the best batsuit is never used anymore

We don't need shitty takes on characters and making them look nothing like the source material.

1.) Top Tier Choreography with the fight scenes paired with clever and amazing camera work like they did with the Martha rescue scene.

2.) Do not do one take choreographed fight scenes like the Nightmare scene in BvS where dudes have guns and they just literally walk up to Batman and wait there blatantly to get hit in the face. Shit was terrible.

3.) I am ok with supernatural being included in a Solo Batman movie for a couple reasons. We haven't got a Batman movie yet that can sell to the audiences that a man without superpowers can defeat "metahumans" that wasnt campy like the Schumucker films with Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy and Bane etc... And that reason alone I am ok with Affleck playing around with that angle just cause it hasnt been done correctly yet.
4.) Unfortunately, a Batman movie cant be carried just by Batman/Bruce himself, its carried by the villain. There is just no way around it. So I am really into the idea of a Batman movie based loosely on the Arkham Asylum storyline. Batman infiltrating Arkham Asylum after its been taken over by escaped prisoners that Batman put away would be a good action film. There are so many directions you can go with a film like that. The Rock with Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery, while obviously completely different, but the same concept. The good guys trying to break into a prison to rescue hostages and/or save the city from Joker/Two Face/Scarecrow/etc...
5.) Joker needs to be THE JOKER. Not this version Leto is doing or at least what Warner Bros and the shitty vision and writing David Ayer and Justin Marks who wrote the script imagined up.
6.) Honestly, less humor. Batman is much more ripe in a brooding and dark atmosphere. That is the point of Batman and how he became who he is. Dark past and a man dealing with Dark villains has no room for campy humor and quips.
7.) Give Affleck creative control.
8.) And the biggest one, hire a decent fucking writer

>ideology
Bruce Wayne is a philanthropist. You're honestly saying he shouldn't be because it offends your libertarian ideals?

>better detective skills shown by Bruce
>HURRR WE WANT THE RUST AUDIENCE
tips

I don't want to see the movie be 90% Batman.

Ben Affleck was a fantastic Bruce, I want to see him do more shit like he did in Lex's house.

Honestly though, Rust is basically Batman without the costume

no, it's just silly to imagine a guy angry enough about crime to go out and cripple people to think about charity during the day instead of just training, doing detective work and getting more furious

Well I disagree. Your view on who Batman is very Punisher-esque.

The purple gloves were a fascinating choice, weren't they? They seem so out of place but I love it.

>there will never be a batman series written by Pizzolatto and directed by Fukunaga

He'll make Ra's Al Ghul do some muslim shit and have him and Batman team up

Tom Hardy returns as bane

Have him bang Diana.

yes a unsimulated sex scene with full penetration shots and a creampie

Sell the rights to a more competent studio.

And that scene wouldn't have any impact if Batman was fine with killing, you emotionally illiterate autist.

What comic?

i would love this.

>it's just silly to imagine a guy angry enough about crime to go out and cripple people to think about charity during the day

Wells that's his character.

I would actually love to see this happen. But bring him back as an actual mercenary and reoccurring minor villain. The fact that he's just a really jacked guy with drugs that make his nerves fucked so he can't feel pain is a great take on the character. Better than just Mr. Hyde with tubes and venom tanks.

Woops. Meant to reply to

You can't.

Look, Batman is a very anachronistic character. Nolan movies did as much as possible to give a fresh contemporary look but you can only go so much.

A great Batman movie needs to be sorta "fedoracore", set somewhere in the first half of the XXth century, where society would be superstitious enough to believe in this batman urban myth monster sort of thing, where a tommy gun would be the most dangerous weapon available, where a character like the bats could actually have a chance in terms of physical prowess and stealth and so on.

That's why the 90s cartoon worked so well on so many levels. Because it understood that and it reworked the material under that design.

If the Joker in SS is actually Jason Todd, do you think that Jarod Leto as Joker could work? It might explain why he has 'Damaged' on his forehead.

Batman Planetary crossover, it's great

They already said it isn't.

Directors lie all the time

Does Batman even have a villain that's A to C-list that's supernatural? Barely any of them even have actual superpowers besides Poison Ivy, they just rely on technology and ingenuity.

Ra's Al Ghul.

>removing Leto
Sorry, but normies loved Leto's Joker. Expect him to have a huge roll in at least one of the movies.

As a huge Batman fan, the only thing missing from Affleck's Batman is the detective aspect. Everything else about Batman being an obsession, the "stealth demon" style of movement and the fight scenes in BvS were perfect.

I hope Affleck can maintain at least most of Snyder's cinematography for the movie, but I have faith.

Lazarus Pits were manmade right? I don't remember them being supernatural.

>Lazarus Pits were manmade right?

The shit in them isn't, they are naturally occurring and bring people back from the dead.

So Ra's al Ghul has a supernatural gimmick, but he's not actually supernatural (not a god, demon, ghost or anything)

>normies loved Leto's Joker
faggot pls... stop acting like there is one definitive joker from the comics. there are many different interpretations by different writers and artists.
youre cringey as fuck calling people normies as if you read the comics and have some sort of elitist authority to discredit letos joker.
fucking end yourself

>change the Joker, or fire Leto, whichever is easier
>rehire Nolan whatever it takes

total domination

Arkham lockdown storyline

op said NOT be a train wreck

Who cares about the critics? SS is Ayer all over, probably his second best film of the bat

>Do not do one take choreographed fight scenes like the Nightmare scene in BvS where dudes have guns and they just literally walk up to Batman and wait there blatantly to get hit in the face. Shit was terrible.
They

Were

Trying

To

Capture

Him

Fuck you

Be a plane wreck, instead.

>normie gets bootyblasted

Fuck you it was a shit fight scene

Superman can fly to the otherside of the globe within a minute, has super hearing and super vision

I loved Leto's Joker, faggot. I'm just pointing out that despite the anti-Leto posting I've seen here, most people loved his performance. He reminds me of the Joker from the Azzarelo one shot, with a mix from tas and a few other places.

Channel The Dark Knight Returns as much as possible with regards to Batman/Bruce Wayne.

If you go by what we saw from the fight scene in BvS then it seems like they're on that track.

>If you go by what we saw from the fight scene in BvS then it seems like they're on that track.

So that film will be shit aswell?

The fight was fucking crap

what a cuck

WB basically begged affleck to direct, he wont let them push him over unlike Ayer.

I disagree.

Deathstroke as villain and maybe someone else

Everyone loves that fight scene except you.

Stephen Lang as Deathstroke and i'll suck my own dick

Why do you willingly contribute to the death of cinema?

>they were trying to capture him
Then bring some fucking non lethal weapons to take him out: stun batons, flashbangs, beanbag shotguns, tazers, fucking anything but running at him with loaded guns for him to use against you

>hurr they only needed bats alive
The primary objective of the mission os batman being captured, theres no reason to focus equipment on the nonimportant aspect of the mission