JUST

What's the purpose of this team?
It's entire history is an Owl upset 50 years ago and knocking the pats out in 2010.

It's had no signifcant players or history like, say, the Steelers or Broncos, or even the fucking Dolphins. You kinda forget its existence until you play them.

to entertain every other fan base with how shitty and embarrassing they are

They're the team for all the contrarians and masochists of the New York City metro area, and coming from someone who has lived here my whole life, that is a sizeable market.

To remind other bad teams that at least they haven't done the butt-fumble

sounds like me. Being a Jets fan is only suffering

is that why so many Jets fans are also Mets fans?

You hit the nail on the head.
Why do you put yourself through such pain?

Sacks became a stat in the 80s because the jets got an unworldly amount.

So there's actually 3 things in their entire history

There's two different new york tri state area personas. The "I know I'm better than you" and the "I'm scrappy but I'm gonna prove I'm worth it"

Giants, Yankees, Rangers are the first.
Jets, Mets, Islanders are the second.

>Butt Fumble
>boo every draft pick their team makes
>had Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, and Pete Carroll as head coaches and couldn't win

Comic relief.

patriots had parcells and carroll too and jets never had bellichick for an actual game

Every sport has a team that serves as comic relief, just ask Roma and Spurs supporters.

We know that feel Jet-bros.

:(

As a fellow NYer, this

Most are either
Yankees, Giants, Rangers, Knicks(lol)

or

Mets, Nets, Jets, Islanders

Which categories do the basketball teams fall into? Both column B?

I'm probably 1 of 100 Yankees/Jest fans

My Brother in law is from New York and tells me there's only two accepted combination

Jets
Mets
Islanders

and

Giants
Yankees
Rangers

How true is this?

Also, WHY is it true?

tfw I am a jet and yankee fan from rochester
feels confusing desu

Well >we had Namath, the New York Sack Exchange, Curtis Martin, Chad Pennington, Revis anong others

Yankees/Jets/Knicks/Rangers fan from Brooklyn here. Where did I go wrong?

Damn fan thats me except I'm from Jersey and don't watch basketball

Why is there a bottom-feeding team among your cluster of winners?

I want to be a special snowflake.

>knicsk
>cluster of winners

They had Joe Namath, who was a pretty popular guy back in his day

This guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I agree completely.

The knicks being so consistently bad now ruined this for the knicks/nets though.

Tfw Jerseyfag so Jets/Mets/Devils

Their purpose is to expose the Bills for the terrible team that they really are.

There are plenty of bigger joke teams in the NFL than the Jets. The Browns and Eagles instantly spring to mind.

You say the Jets "only" have 1 superbowl win, that's still 1 more win than like 10 other teams in the league.

A team can't be considered a joke if no one expects them to win.

That is why the Jest and their fanbase are jokes.

i will always stay by your side, one day we shall overcome

>Chad Pennington,

...........really?

knicks ait bad to watch this year. Rose has been a great surprise but almost gets offset by how shit noah is

jets and mets (and also knicks) were all really good in the late sixties/early seventies. I think a lot of people who were kids around that time in the city wanted to root for those teams cuz they were better. Its a curse at this point though

source: dad and uncle both did this

Pre super bowl Browns mean something.

Plus Paul Brown is the inventor of the modern offense.

Pretty much

>TFW Giants, Yankees annnndddd....Islanders.

So close.

Jets and Mets played at Shea, Isles played in Uniondale until they moved to Brooklyn. Nassau, Suffolk, Kings and Queens Counties traditionally support these teams because of traditional proximity.

Likewise, the Yankees and Giants used to play in the Bronx, and the Rangers were a convenient 1 Train downtown, so Manhattan, Staten Island, Westchester, Bergen, and Essex Counties all traditionally followed this

isnt it weird how islanders are considered the little brother even though they have as many champions in a shorter time period?

living the mediocrity dream, bro
good thing i don't care about the nba, i'd be miffed about the nets moving

It's because they are literally the younger of the two teams.

>nests
I've literally never met a fan and I've lived here my whole life

same

everyone seems to be knicks or bandwagons the flavor of the month team

It's not really true, the tendency is just for long islanders to root for the Mets and islanders because that's where the play, and then the jets because they don't know how to handle winning as a result

to make me feel better about being a dolphins fan. although they seem meaningless they do actually help serve the purpose of being like the class clown where everyone laughs at them. so are the knicks too

also sadly the jets have been been better than the dolphins over the last 25 years

Not true

Mets
Giants
Islanders