Hey b, i wanna start reading again. These are the books I got. Which ones would you recommend i read first?

Hey b, i wanna start reading again. These are the books I got. Which ones would you recommend i read first?

Other urls found in this thread:

somethingawful.com/news/retro-road-candy/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pet semetary's pretty good

HHG, Catcher, or 1984. King is a hack.

read Wiedźmin

Needful Things is so fucking good

The Road is good

I mean, if you want to get back into reading you shouldn't start with King. Read 1984. While you're at it read Animal Farm. It's only 100 pages give or take and you might as well

1984, then hitchiker's guide.

only phonies read catcher in the rye.

what kind of shit do you like? some good books there. 1984 is probably essential reading and hitchhikers guide is probably my favorite, even though i love king

Christopher Moore is pretty decent

man... The Stand by King is fucking dope. Also anything by Palaniuk is awesome, one of my personal favorites. And McCarthy has another reallt good read called Blood Meridian. Your taste is reallt good btw,

the stand is dope. after you get into the King thing, and are familiar with the world, Needful things is the SHIT. Before that, I think its a bit off putting

1. Read Catcher, Gatsby (didn't you read it in high school?), then 1984.
2. Feel like an hero.
3. Read Hitchhiker's.
4. Feel better.

definitely the road

I see what you did there, Holden.

solid plan.
if youre over 19, disregard step 1. unless you havent read it

last wish is worth reading

>hitchhikers guide is probably my favorit
mind if I ask how old you are? elderly fag here, just curious if hitchikers book stands up over time.

Dune, Frank Herbert

29, but I also like a ton of shit my peers do not like or even know

just glad that it is still enjoyable to read.

fuck I love that book.

Well you sound like quite the special snowflake, i tip my fedora to you sir

The Road ... /thread

1984. Absolute classic.

read this somethingawful.com/news/retro-road-candy/1/

If it helps, my favorite book is "Anthem" by Any Rand. Read that. Check out Franz Kafka as well.

Nah, nothing like that. I work in the service industry and the jokes I make only land with the crowd a bit older than me. That shit sounded pretentious.

this and dark tower are my favorite epics

This is great as long as you are still in college or something. God help you if you are over 30 and still consider it your favorite work.

also why Anthem vs Fountainhead?

The one with the fire breathing dragon seems cool.

Nigga go get The Tommyknockers

IT is good, but long as fuck.

1984/The Road are good - both are seriously fucking depressing, but good reads.

It was pet cemetery, not with in S

> Mandela bullshit

lol remembering that kid stuck on the moon

I untip my fedora, nice backtrack user

This one

King wrote that book strung out on cocaine so it is nothing but ridiculous shit

I read 1984 while in jury service, pretty sure it helped a 17 year old get off on a conspiricy to murder charge, cant say the same about the other 4 suspects...

HHGTTG for sure, and purely from his comics because I haven't read it, but I bet the Neil Gaiman one is good to. I freaking burned through every HHGTTG book, and all the Ender's Game books too.

::re-sheathes blade::

Just watch Coen brothers films, they have essentially explored all of the themes in these books besides 1984.

oooh yeah enders game

Read the fuck outta Ocean at the end of the lane.
It takes maybe 2-3 hours tops and it's beautiful.
It's set up like a childrens book but is absolutely for adults. It sets up an odd nostalgic/simplistic feel that really brings out the best of Gaimans understated prose.

But dont watch 1984, apart from maybe to see the mise èn cen of both films but they dont convey the story right at all and the ending isnt the same

The Shining, Needful Things, Night Shift, Different Seasons, IT, and The Green Mile are the works of King's most worth reading. Most of his work is fairly light reading and easy to blow through.

1984, Hitchhiker's Guide, and most things by Neil Gaiman are well worth reading.

Where to start though? That depends entirely on what you like. Read a bit of a book, and see if it fits you.

Cell is both the worst book and the worst movie ever. The book reads like an unfinished movie script. The movie plays like an unfinished movie, with three optional endings.

I'd recommend chronological order if you care about literature as a discipline. If you're just going for entertainment, go with whichever looks the most interesting.

Read 1984 and The Road first, they are probably the best books in there.

Don't fall for the Catcher in the Rye meme, it's not a good book unless you're 14.

Shit tier "classic 'murican literature" mixed with some novels by a trendy fad horror author. You should go for the full effect and add Lord of the Flies. Literally the only book there worth reading is Hitchhiker's.

And don't forget the Grapes of Wrath, Of Mice and Men, and To Kill a Mockingbird for more shit tier "classics" of 'murican literature.
Literally, generic sci-fi based choose-your-own-adventure books are better.

>pseudo entry level 2deep books
Go to for some recs