youtube.com/watch?v=H4_-FfLWPLk
my.mixtape.moe/zkjlux.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no, die

>The Pokémon match of all time is here.
The what Pokémon match?
Greatest? Most important?
Is Pokémon an adjective now?

The scene where Mewtwo gains consciousness in a laboratory, then becomes resentful when it realizes it's a clone and proceeds to kills the scientist was patrician as fuck dude.

It soon resolves to dominate not only the human scientists who created it but also the nonhuman species to which it belongs.

Abstract as fuck.

Clone ball is best ball.

Mewtwo v Mew

Mewtwo believed that he and his genetically altered clones were superior to the "real" pokemon and humans (who he hated for creating him and his other failed, dead clone friends so callously) and planned to wipe out all of them and start over.

Mew believed that Mewtwo and his clone army were abominations. He didn't just wanted to stop Mewtow, he wanted to humiliate and annihilate him.

it took the death of ash and his subsequent revival by the life-filled tears of the pokemon and clones to teach them of their common pokemonity

No I mean gramatically it makes little sense.
If they would say "The Pokémon match of the century", or "The Pokémon match of the millenia" (which I think they were going for I think), it would make sense, because those are expressions. But whenever you say "Of all time", there's always an adjective to go along with it to specify in what way is this [thing] outstanding in all of history.

close. the second movie was definitely kino though

Pokemon origins was pokékinö

It certainly wasn't the best Pokémon film.

Do you prefer the Entei film? Because none of the rest are very good.

No

>mfw I dragged my parents to this
I thought it was deep at the time because Ash dying made me sad
Those slant eyed jews emotionaly manipulated me

>Our parents took us to see this film knowing full well it would be shit because they knew we loved it and they loved us and wanted us to be happy

Ultimately I guess it depends on what you're looking for. In terms of story other films such as the Entei film and the Lucario one (despite the edginess) are arguably better. Pokémon 2000 is good if you want something with more action.

Anna Annocanda fags BTFO

but it was a pretty fun movie even for adults

haha, I had the "novelization" of the movie as a kid.
I especially red the fuck out of this chapter, where mewtwo awakes. For me as a kid, this was the best part

Agreed. Try telling the filthy Ashime fags this over at /vp/. Their kind of faggotry is trickling in and ruining the franchise now too imo.

holy fuck my mom hated it

sorry mom

Maybe if they're mentally handicap
>Whole movie was about learning a lesson about Pokemon and people
>Erases everyone's memory at the end

>Whole movie was anti-violence
>Literally a series based around violently capturing and battling wild creatures

>critics hated it
>still holds up to this day and critics now admit they like it

LITERALLY KINO

>go to the theatre on opening week with my parents
>line goes around the block 3 times
>doesn't look like we're gonna get to watch it
>old lady says her grandkids couldn't make it because they were grounded so she gave us her tickets for free
thanks you little shits for misbehaving

/vp/ is full of austists just like Sup Forums .
Funny that they hate 4Kids even though they made the movies way better.
Which is saying something they still suck

Funny how Mew was just as much of a bigoted asshole.

is it a woman pilot?

I hate this fucking shit too
Like "if I love my chicken and treat him well I can put him in a cockfight"

>I made my dad take me to Thomas & Magic Railroad, Digimon, Pokemon (Mewtwo and the Entai), and Yugioh: pyramid of light

Sorry dad.

>The world will turn to Ash
Ahahahahahaha lmao

It's a thing in the setting that pokemon really like fighting and any kind of competition. Even without trainers and humans, they still love doing competitions and fighting.

No but pic related was

the first half of this is fucking kino. then theres a climax and all of a sudden a fucking 2nd movie starts with a bunch of literally whos. And it was boring as shit. what the fuck were they thinking?

>pokemon is entirely based on pokemons fighting one another
>an intelligent talking cloned pokemon forces other pokemons to fight their cloned selves
>wtf i hate pokemon fighting now

My mom actually made me go to Thomas and the Magic Railroad
What a snore, I forget the movie exists half the time.

I think Pokemon was the only thing my parents genuinely disliked.

Hell my dad even wanted to go see the last dbz movie.

It's pretty specific that Misty remarks Pokémon were not meant to fight "like this". It wasnt turned based competition based on strategy and pulling out when the other Pokémon was bested, it was senseless dogfighting.
>Not understanding the plot of a movie for babies
Lol

Fucking love this film

The Omnimon reveal was amazing as a kid
youtube.com/watch?v=dPR7S-qo8Ag

What about the one with Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno? That was okay too.

well yes thats the rationalization for dog fighting in the series, because otherwise its clearly torture to make animals electrocute, stab and punch each other

In the original 日本語nese version the movie was actually all about how clones are always inferior and should be destroyed for being so dishonorabru.

4kids added the "FIGHTING IS WRONG!" spin to it.

i have no idea t b h

My parents were like half and half on pokemon.
My mom really liked some of the designs and still remembers their names to this day but otherwise disliked everything else.
My dad thought it was stupid, but he was a big Magic the Gathering guy and thought that the pokemon TCG was well made and played it with me.

Also on the fighting point, I've read that it was overemphasised in the English dub which made the message seem really hypocritical whereas the original Japanese version didn't make the point much at all.

even as a kid I thought this was fucking dumb as shit

you loved the 2nd half that was basically a new movie for a new generation with an entirely new cast?

>Pokémon is entirely based on Pokémon fighting each other FOR FUN
>an intelligent talking cloned Pokémon forces other Pokémon to fight their cloned selves TO THE DEATH
>wtf I hate Pokémon fighting now

Literally stop being autistic.

thanks you for this user. you are a real human bean

Pokemon fighting =/= different than real life fighting. Everything in the setting is extremely hardy. Humans can regularly take pokemon attacks without any significant harm. Even when humans are attacked without slapstick involved.
Pokemon have this hyper lamarckian shit going on where they get farm stronger and healthier by doing constant fighting. They are at very little risk for actually dying.

The Internet /Diaboromon part of the film was the 1st half of the film, the next movie afterwards (Digi eggs and Cocomon) were the 2nd half and although people say the 2nd half sucked, It wasn't all that bad. If you watched both series 1 and 2 the 2nd half isn't that jarring.

well thats fucking retarded. it was the same shit. you catch the pokemon against its will and make it fight nearly to the death over and over forever. mew2 or ash it was the same thing. the movie was fucking dumb and i realized that as a child.

Omnimon was a badass.

Why are nips so cloneaphobic
I bet Dolly would cry if she saw such bigotry towards her creation

what's with those webm?

which doesnt make sense because many of the pokemon attack by stabbing/slicing/scissoring. pokemon should die all the time

>forcing animals to fight each other
>for fun

Gotcha

DONT SAY YOU LOVE ME

YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME

It's not against their will. It's constantly stated that pokemon like fighting and they have a pack mentality for their trainer. Their trainer beat them in a fight and captured them, thus their trainer has their loyalty.
Pokemon actively enjoy battling. They would just run or hide if they didn't want to test their strength against trainers in the wild.

DON'T GO THERE BABY

NOT BEFORE I'M READY

Yes, actually

Kys retard

No, they attack themselves with energy anime slices that can't even break the skin. Pokemon are never in any danger and they like doing it.
It's like complaining about people who like boxing.

youtube.com/watch?v=H4_-FfLWPLk

Do pokemon also stop fighting once they win the fight with another pokemon in the wild?

>they enjoy being slaves
>it's for their own good

The Digimon movie was far superior to the Pokemon movie in both story and writing, even music

Pokémon the movie is a metacommentary on its own concept.

IT'S BEEN

The games and anime doesn't like to go too much into pokemon and people eating pokemon. But obviously, pokemon will hunt and kill other pokemon.
That said, the lore also mentions that pokemon do a lot of friendly competition and fighting in the wild without human intervention. They naturally organize this shit.
They're monsters. Not animals, you can't compare them to chickens or dogs.

Digimon was in general far superior to Pokemon when it came to the anime.

Pokemon games were always the shit though. The anime needs to be nuked and rebooted.

So this is worth a watch then for people who grew up with gen 1 and the first series?

Anyone have a good torrent link?

O N E W E E K

It's just a person failing to mid-air refuel and a tiny tree dog

my.mixtape.moe/zkjlux.webm

Eh, the anime is all it needs to be. It appeals to little kids and makes them buy shit.
It's becoming more modern shonen by the day. Kids love that.

Yes. It's basically the gen 1 games plotline.

The film's problem is that it could easily gone the route in it's message of having the difference between normal pokemon battles and mewtwo's survival of fittest be that of competition boxing and underground death matches. The film ruins it though by having everyone get their memory erased at the end.

Hope you like Charizard.

I would say so. Don't expect some mature adult gritty pokemon if that's what you're looking for. Also it isn't perfect. However it sticks more to the simplicity of the game series without the bs of the ashime like Team Rocket appearing in every episode as a joke that is now as flat as my coke bottle or their shitty mecha designs or any of the other inconsistent bs introduced in the anime.

It is only 4 episodes long and features a few montages because they are cramming the indigo league into 4 episodes. It's more of a homage than a full series to get invested into. I think it's worth it just for the fight scenes which imo have far better animation and the pokemon are better drawn less cartoony (if that makes sense). They also make monster noises instead of saying their names. It's on Hulu if you have it.

Who doesn't like charizard?
I personally always considered charizard to be better than that overrated yellow rat.

It's fantasy
Everyone knows you could only dream of having the first Pokémon movie wiped from your memory

Tfw I wanted my parents to bring me to see it but they brought me to watch Tarzan

You mean Kurosawa?

TWO HEARTS ONE FAMILY

Oh god. No fuck you. The Ashninja shit is cringe. The fight animation is far better than it once was but inbetween that is a bunch of gay bullshit. And IMO the fight scenes go overboard into the realm of baysplosions trying to be as epic as possible and pull of unnecessarily retarded camera angles and following when the animators aren't very good at drawing pokemon moving through different angles.

What's the consensus on this?

It does not matter what you think, dude. Little kids love that shit. The show caters to them. If you were 8, that would be the greatest thing you've ever seen.

I give it 2 pieces of the forbidden one out of 5

kino AF

>It doesn't matter what you think
Then don't come try having a conversation about it if you don't want other's opinions.

I'm sure Kids would love the Origins battle scenes which were also well animated and had a fair enough share of badass moments.

BTW Kids do not love the Pokemon Anime anymore. It's not a popular show anymore. It's a syndicated show that they play at like 6am

Tarzan was awesome.
>that music score
>that animation
>that graphic death scene of the hunter
>that Jane

m8, the movies typically print money in japan.

Not to mention the show gets top 10 ratings wise among animated shows, what are you even on about?

More likely it's just turbulent as fuck. Was landing in strong winds the other day, the plane was lurching about like an epileptic in a lighting storm.

It doesn't matter what you think What matters is your plan

>you will never have the innocence of youth ever again
>you will never just enjoy movies for what they are
>you are now a cynical asshole negative about everything
how do i change bros?

Aspergers syndrome.
Southpark had an episode on the same subject.

Anime honestly gave me a lot of my innocence back and I can enjoy things in earnest and with sincerity instead of being ironic about everything.

That said, it has also made me regress in maturity.

Double edged sword.

>moves print money in Japan
They used to be a huge phenomenon worldwide.

Do you know what the viewership is like internationally? I don't hear any kids these days talk about it.

The first 3 are good. After that it went to the DTV route and they stopped caring.

yeah i remember that episode, i'm basically like that, didn't he just end up constantly drinking alcohol to change? and then they never touched that subject again

Even as a child I thought Digimon was a better anime and movie.

Especially around Pokemon 3, I actually thought that movie was ass.

That's because american kids are too busy looking at the oogabooga box and twerking. They don't watch cartoons anyway. The show and movies are still massive in japan.