Death Grips

Thoughts on the new mix

And thoughts on death grips in general

I listen to them ironically. always a good laugh.

I think we can finally stop pretending this sounds good

Not usually a death grips fan, but I'm listening to this right now and I kind of like it so far.
20 minutes was all I could stand of most of the other albums, so I guess that's why.

FPBP
they're dank af

The average DG fan revealed: Study blends thousands of nu-male faces to find what DG fans look like in different countries around the world. This is the result.

Death Grips is shit.

it sounds like they listened to Hype Williams and wanted to do that but at 170 bpm.

You really need a certain level of cocaine in your blood stream to truly vibe to this xD

imagine thinking your funny and being confident enough to post it on an anonymous image board

t. Crit

Please go back to facebook with this retarded shit.

>2017
>Gabber
>Death Grips
Wew i thought only one was possible
Good Mix

i havent liked death grips since notm desu

MY WHOLE LIFE LIFE MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE MY WHOLE LIFE LIFE MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE MY WHOLE LIFE LIFE MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE MY WHOLE LIFE LIFE MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE MY WHOLE LIFE LIFE MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE MY WHOLE LIFE LIFE MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE MY WHOLE LIFE LIFE MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE MY WHOLE LIFE LIFE MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE

Death Grips have the worst fucking fanbase of any Sup Forumscore band. This is only challenged by Grimes but her fandom mainly consists of depressed weebs who want a waifu, as opposed to DG whose fans are depressed weebs who who loves memes think that listening to vaguely noisy hip hop gives them any sort of unique taste or authority when talking about music. I kind of feel bad for them, Death Grips. Imagine oweing most of your success to someone as stupid and tasteless as Anthony Fantano. Having to feign appreciation and gratitude towards someone whose spent the past 10 years growing a fanbase of stunted meme-spouting manchildren who think his opinions are of any value. Like imagine having 80% of your fanbase be spillover from a youtube music reviewer who makes le epic ironic meme videos. It is because of this I have sympathy for them, even pity. Hopefully they do something so outlandish that it shakes off all of the pseuds and posers who have glommed onto them because of memes and a lack of identity. Or will they be left in the dust bin once the next big meme group comes along? I might not be a fan of them, but I will definitely be watching from the sidelines, waiting for the day that they may be free of the hell they've created for themselves.

>Death Grips
>2017

Seriously?

so? music is not a fashion accessory, sorry if that surprises you

It is here apparantly
I wouldve thought that Death Grips were over by this year and that they would leave with a "fuck you" as big as Bottomless Pit and the i.l.y.s

>"I say it's not popular this year so no one should like it anymore"

What are you implying

I enjoy it a lot

It's a lyric you moron. DG is self aware and is modest as fuck, it's why I love them so much.

>I didn't want to get hit
>so I jumped into a Bottomless Pit

Lmao nice 'modest' band you've got there

>didn't want to get hit
>so I jump into endless suffering
Yeah, so narcissist.

I like this new new electronic direction

Legit stopped my from hanging myself.

>in spite all of my rage
>I'm still a niggas on the moon

Bravo

>in spite of all my anger
>i'm still a nigger, makes me an alien
Yeah, so narcissist.

quality

Pretty good so far, I'm interested to see what they do for their new album. I feel like they've gone down every avenue possible and are now blending their previous styles willy-nilly.

Does anyone have a tracklist?

only made up fan ones

I Want more MC Rode flows desu

He was riding those synths like nobodies business on this new thing tho

track 1
track 2
track 3
track 4
track 5
track 6
track 7

I could kinda tell when track 1 ended and track 2 began, but I was just curious. That second melody is so fucking fire god damn.

00:00 My whole life
3:21 Shit like this
7:21 Girl
11:39 Come and Go
14:10 Hi
16:15 Black Body
18:54 State of Drugs.

Thanks fampai

i'd really appreciate lyrics to this

"heres a picture of my friend lets make it a meme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
go back to facebook fag

Come and Go is pretty fucking sick

MY WHOLE LIFE
MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE

seconding this, but it would be rather hard to make sense of Ride's verses when they are swallowed by all those synths

But why are only two tracks truly gabber?

they're on Genius

this. fucking great song

Death Grips sounds the same and regardless of how much I love some of their works and how much of a fan I was, I have to admit their sound aged like milk.
Maybe I'm not in the mood to listen to the same old Stefan screaming nonsense in the same old angry voice over the same old noisy intensive beats

Its Death Gabber m8

I find TMS has the same impact as it did when I first listened to IMO. GP too. Love those albums

>DG aged like milk
Only to those who were never with them from the start.

TMS was much more tasteful than this, GP, NLDW, or BP (espiecially that) was

True. GP is close though. Crouching Tiger makes me feel how I felt when I first heard TMS though. BP was so empty feeling. Don't care for anything after the first half of NOTM on The powers that b. Their feel didn't last like GP and TMS. NLDW was slightly more forgettable as a whole piece, although it's individual tracks were bangers

Did u make that up

yes obviously
The titles are all drawn from the lyrics we can make out in the music

>True. GP is close though. Crouching Tiger makes me feel how I felt when I first heard TMS though. BP was so empty feeling. Don't care for anything after the first half of NOTM on The powers that b. Their feel didn't last like GP and TMS. NLDW was slightly more forgettable as a whole piece, although it's individual tracks were bangers

I'm loving it so far.

Don't get the DG hate.

is this the Close to the Edge of hip-hop?

whats it called

I never understood what Memethony saw in them but I sat down and listened to Exmilitary and Money Store and I really like a few of their songs. I get why people say it's trash, though.

What's your problem user

>I get why people say it's trash, though.
Why?

because they're plebs

if anyone splits the mix up into the 7 songs please upload it

Literally look for 5 seconds, idiot

I like it, it's kind of what I was hoping JD would have sounded like. I still quite like JD though.

intro of come and go reminds me of afx I'm self employed

thanks man appreciate it

not him but nobody i ever showed dg to ever gave more than a limited, stale reaction. to be fair i wasn't fishing for thoughts it was always more like a 'this is a band and they exist' sort of presentation, but i've never convinced anyone to listen to them. they aren't for everyone.

personally i find their music fascinating. i like certain tracks more with every subsequent listen. it also helps that i've permanently associated them with a feeling of 2015 when i was listening to them a lot and doing a lot of dumb shit in life i'm still paying consequences for but at least i was happy back then. i wish i could do that part of my life over again.

Stinky

Pic related is the face I got when I showed my friends DG, one said "It makes me feel weird" referring to "Inanimate Sensation."

I'll be seeing them live in a couple of weeks for the first time. What am I in for?

This shit gets hyper the further you get into it. Has some serious Akira vibes again.

that was my face when i first heard inanimate sensation, which was coincidentally the first DG i ever listened to thinking "i keep hearing about death grips, everyone keeps talking about them" and "maybe it's not just a meme, they must be genuinely worth a listen, maybe i'll give it a shot" needless to say, i didn't like it very much. it makes much more sense in the context of the album but that track is a definite normie filter.

a very good time

shirtless men and lots of banging

lots of white normie bros. i was surprised it wasnt even hipsters or alternative kids it was literally white frat bros when i went

same

First DG song was The Fever. It was in the recommended videos on a CLPPNG Body & Blood video back in 2012 or whenever it first came out and I thought the thumbnail looked cool. The music video had 8k views at the time and I didn't like it at all but that fucking hook stayed in my head for weeks and I couldn't figure out what the song was and forgot about it. Then later on Sup Forums someone posted TMS album cover and I reverse searched it on a whim and loved the fuck out of it. My favorite album.

lol who hurt you

Steroids is shit.
I guess I have to listen to it more.

I really liked Steroids, cool mix, I hope they release more EPs like this, it's a unique, good listen.

How

Neck

the album art scares me

I really enjoy Steroids at 0.85 speed.

>slowing a Gabber track down
kanker

The only artist I really like anymore is DG, so this legit made my day. I had a rough one at work and got slammed when I came home, then one of my friends messaged me about DG having a new song out. It made a really shit day much better.

Huh

HOLY FUCK THIS IS GOOD

Personal fav for me too, not a single moment on it I don't like

Why don't people like Fuck That, user? Their most primal and hateful track and also one of their best.

Much love for my mans x

Her neck's just the best

It isn't good. They say that it's a 22 minute song when really its just 5 or 6 separate songs that don't even flow from one another. Sounds an even worse version of BP, which was already a huge disappointment.

No question, I'm sure

Black Body it's my fav

I still desperately hope they release more songs like eh and culture shock, but I really enjoy the more electronic 'powers that B' isque sound of the mix

LAST SONG BEST SONG YOU KNOW IM RIGHT

The way the thing closes in the last 20 or so seconds is amazing. Best part of the waviness around 4:00 tho