Post athletes that have given up generational wealth for almost no fucking reason

>pic related

sbnation.com/nba/2016/6/28/12050498/kevin-durant-contract-salary-money-nba-free-agent-rumors

KD could've made $244.1 million staying in OKC
The most KD could make doing a 1+1 with the Warriors is $162.9 million

KD literally gave up $81.2 million just to play with the mulatto meme brothers.

I've never seen such a stupid decision in my life. There's nothing more important in this world than money. There isn't. Sorry millenial fags, money is the unit of all happiness and KD gave up $81.2 million of it

Yeah there's no way $150M is enough to live on. This is his last contract too.
>OP

It's not about him

It's about his kids and grandkids

At the end of his life he will regret leaving them a smaller legacy

You have no concept of money

There's a huge difference between 244 million and 162 million

It isn't that hard to understand lol

after taxes it's only 40 million

winning titles gives more ability to get sponsorships which pay a lot more than maximum league salary

Oklahoma has a much lower tax rate than California

And the sponsorships meme isn't guaranteed money

econfags btfo

durant isnt having any kids
he's too beta to be a father

>There's nothing more important in this world than money

How poor are you?

>Left Bumfuck, Oklahoma to go to one of the biggest media markets in America
>Oakland is right next door to San Francisco, which is basically a white collar millionaire playground now
>Nike, his main sponsor, has corporate offices in SF
>Literally a hop and skip away from Silicon Valley

He could make that money back easily playing his cards right in the Bay Area.

>calls millenials out
>his post is literally Millennial: The Post

Goddamn retard

How can someone recoup $81.2 million?

Is that why the Oakland Raiders are moving to Vegas?

They could just get jobs. Or play a children's game for money like their pops.

lifetime Nike deal

what do you need 81 million for anyway?

This post reeks of poverty. Wealthy people know that power > money.

anything over like 400K a year is taxed at a ridiculous 40% in the USA

that doesn't include state taxes

property taxes (home and vehicle)

or local taxes like garbage pickup, sewer bill etc.

wewlads

Could literally donate it all to charity if you don't want the money

That's more money than most NBA players will ever see.

>implying superstar athletes care about salary
OP doesn't know shit about how superstars make money.

Salty okcfag detected

doesn't he shill for a lot of companies?

He could've gotten all the endorsements in the world in OKC you stupid shit, and still have an extra $81 million

>blacks are bad with money
You don't say.

>He thinks a ringless KD is worth the same as KD with a ring to sponsors
Oklahomos are the stupidest niggas

Bullshit. Top guys play in big markets. Titles get you more endorsements.
Stop crying because KD left a shitty flyover for the tech capital of America you fucking baby

You make it sound like the Warriors play in NYC or LA. They play in OAKLAND, you stupid fucks

The Warriors are a small market team like the Thunder.

Oh I get it. You're either stupid or trolling.

My guess is somewhere in between

KD doesn't have a girlfriend and based off the things he's said in interviews he's most likely homosexual.

LeBron plays in one of the smallest market in the league and hes the richest NBA player.

KD fucked up by not taking the guaranteed money

No.

>The Oakland Coliseum is old and decrepit
>cities in California are reluctant to give public funds for sports venues
>Mark Davis is the poorest owner in the NFL by a decent margin
>as a result he needs help building a stadium of his own
>can't get any help building a stadium in Oakland
>he's tried for years
>his plans for Los Angeles fell through
>NFL gave the Chargers priority to LA over the Raiders for a variety of reasons
>only real offer Davis got is from Las Vegas
>naturally, it stinks of government corruption

It'll probably get shot down by the league. The commissioner's been pretty open about preferring the Raiders to stay in the Bay Area and a plan from Oakland is slowly starting to form.

>Oklahoma has a much lower tax rate than California
I believe it. I'm pretty sure he would have kept more money if he remained in OKC. And, personally, I'd rather live in Oklahoma over California.

That said, some people want to win. Being a champion has generational power as well. May not be financial power, but it ensures that he's not forgotten about.

LeBron is the BEST player which invalidates your soft argument. Feel free to try again

2 tru

HAHAHAHA

you dont understand how money works bub.

Once you have millions in the 10s 20s 30s etc it becomes disgustingly easy to make more of it.

$81.2 million is still $81.2 million

>Once you have millions in the 10s 20s 30s etc it becomes disgustingly easy to make more of it.

Unless you're black, in which case it becomes progressively easier to lose it all.

that's a meme dude, what you're seeing is someone who has been financially successful and kept building their wealth and business acumen continue to do so

it is VERY easy to inherit 50 million and fuck it all up

he is dindu you could give him a billion and 9/10 he would still blow it on hoes and rims

he's going to win the championship, make like $100mil+ in endorsements and whatnot, then dip from the warriors and pull a lebron and come back the hero. He'll also most likely sign a new contract after this one is done

that is implying you have self control and are able to leave your money with financial planners instead of your homeboy jamal

garbage pickup and shit is insignificant

Westbrook fucked up when not passing to a reluctant Durant come clutch time.

Westbrook shouldn't be playing the one spot, but no one told him.

Which one is worse?

WHO ASKED YOU TO PLAY POINT GUARD?

He gave up 80 million to not stay in okc. Just shows you awful that place is to live in

>endorsements

Yeah, that isn't guaranteed to happen

Yeah but if when he wins the next four chips his off court money will increase by so much that it'll more than make up for that.

Westbrook to anyone as a 2 & that team becomes my champions bet.

Picture Westbook at the 2 & Porzingis at the 3.

Or he's just short-sighted and dumb

Think of it this way, he's really only signed with GSW for 1 year. If he goes to another team, he will even lose MORE money

Durant already has at least $100 million. When you have that much, what does money really mean to you anymore? Surely that's a point where anybody would take a little less money in order to achieve a childhood dream/career goal (in Durant's case, winning a title is both)?

If he leaves Golden State, he'll almost certainly sign a max deal somewhere else.

What percentage chance are we giving Durant and Curry to leave GSW this offseason? 60? 70%?

Jesus fucking christ, his lifetime sponsorship deals already makes his annual NBA salary look like a pittance. Look at it this way, he already has so much money that unless he catastrophically fucks it up, he's already set up his family for generations down the line. This massive security allows him the freedom to make choices.

THAT'S RIGHT, BEING RICH MEANS YOU HAVE THE FLEXIBILITY TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU LIKE

Compounding $120 million at even 5% is a lot of fucking money. Compounding $120 at 5% won't pay for food. Put $120 million into an low-volatility index fund and you'll live wealthy for the rest of your life.

I took a lower paying job, and it actually affects my lifestyle, but at least I'm happy. KD took a lower paying path, but I doubt it really affects his lifestyle. What does affect his lifestyle is getting to live in a city he probably enjoys more, playing for a team that he seems to enjoy more, and much more likely to get a ring. He's probably way happier, and isn't missing the money. It's completely worth it imo.

He couldn't even win with Durant and Harden

Durant couldnt win with him and Harden
Harden couldnt win with him and Durant
hurr durr