Why are indie films always so depressing and deal with family issues?

Why are indie films always so depressing and deal with family issues?

Because hipster retards come from broken families and have no empathy or imagination.

personal drama doesn't cost a ton to film

they're not its just you stop projecting you broken home faggot

beacuse they dont have the budget to rely on CGI

this.
some of the best action movies were done cheap

it's more relatable than a super hero action guy who shrugs off explosions as if they were nothing

name 3

human drama is relatable and inexpensive to produce

mad max
The Raid
hardcore henry

>relatable
is it really?

boring to watch tho

Not enough explosions for you pleb?

mad max had a huge fucking budget
literally who
literally who

not him but
rocky
mad max
assault on precinct 13

mad max 1 was an indie movie you dumb shit. you realize fury road wasnt the first, right?
>hes never seen the raid
goddamn just kill yourself already. although i wouldnt say it had an indie budget. And i also wouldny say Mad Max 1 was an action movie.

>mad max had a huge fucking budget
>350k$-450k$ is huge

max 1 and rocky arent action movies or have any scenes that require a budget besides a couple. theyre just dramas with some violence
And John Carpenters movies always have comically cheap looking action and effects.

>aren't action movies
keep moving those goalposts

Oh just fuck off. Have you even seen the first rocky? to call it an action film is fucking retarded. the entire movie is a human drama with a boxing match at the end. it is in no way an action movie.

>there are no good low-budget action movies
>yes there are, here are some
>i, personally, don't consider them action movies so you are wrong
kys

Rock isnt an action movie you fucking retard. youve proven nothing. and mad max 1 is arguably so despite having nearly no action whatsoever

do you know what goalposts are?

Because depressing movies tend to be taken more seriously
Because a movie about family issues is just a bunch of people acting indoors so it's cheap

>let's be deep and grounded to reality that any lighthearted moment is snuffed out
>ooh, everything gets worse then add a plot twist in the end

t. capeshit fan