Vulgar, Mean and Sexist: 6 Ways ‘Suicide Squad’ Is the Donald Trump of Superhero Movies

>Much like Donald Trump's inexplicable rise to the top of the Republican presidential ticket, "Suicide Squad" is doing bang-up business in spite of plenty of criticism. At this stage, both Trump and "Squad" have been called every name in the book. Indeed, the two share a litany of dubious traits that we've collected here.

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/author/meriah-doty/
twitter.com/meriahonfiah
realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html
270towin.com/
cnn.com/election/interactive-electoral-college-map/
projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Flip-Flopping
>Early in the film, Deadshot says he plans to kill the government agents who have temporarily released him from prison. Mere seconds later he reverses his position, urging the Squad of supervillians to keep operatives Amanda Waller and Rick Flag alive. Did Trump write this script? The Republican nominee has flipped-flopped positions on an array of topics -- from abortion to the Iraq War to nuclear proliferation. At least Deadshot is acting for a logical reason -- he knows he'll be killed if he lets Flag die.

wtf i love suicide squad now

>6 Ways ‘Suicide Squad’ Is the Donald Trump of Superhero Movies

then why are people saying it's bad?

>Insulting Women
>"You one of them deaf hoes?" Deadshot asks a female operative who fails to immediately respond to him. Trump also has a habit of insulting women by comparing them to animals. And as for the deaf part, Trump also mocked a disabled reporter.

wtf I might give a small donation to see this flick

you just convinced me to vote for trump
i love this movie

wtf i love trump now

>Objectifying Women
>As strategically-directed camera angles remind audiences throughout the film, Harley Quinn wears little more than a pair of skimpy bottoms. Trump thinks plenty of other women exploit their looks to succeed. "It's certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on 'The Apprentice' were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal," he wrote in his 2004 book "How to Get Rich."

>inserting your political opinions into a review of a movie

wtf i love DC now

I'm going to buy a ticket out of sheer spite now

>Paranoia
>Enchantress may have suspected someone rigged her earth-destroying spell -- just like Trump has already started arguing that the November election will be rigged. After she employs her dark magic to take over the planet, she sticks around to fight the Squad. But why fight at all? Couldn't she just go to Fiji or somewhere and relax while she waits for her nefarious voodoo to finish its job?

Wow, they really went full nigger on Deadshot huh.

wtf i love sexism now

>Needless Cruelty
>Trump heckled the mother of a crying baby last week. Meanwhile, Suicide Squad mastermind Waller callously kills a roomful of fellow FBI agents because they weren't cleared for her top secret project. OK -- one of those is definitely worse than the other.

HOW CAN HE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS ?

>the sheer amount of hilary shilling across all platforms

I mean for FUCKS sake two anti-trump 'comedies' have popped up on netflix in the past week
Im not even in favor of the hair piece touting faggot but this shit is RIDICULOUS

if the establishment is this against him I want him to win

>tfw your movie is so bad it gets compared to Donald Trump
HOW CAN DC EVEN COMPETE?

>A Money Man
As TheWrap pointed out, Donald Trump's chief fundraiser, Steven Mnuchin, is a producer on "Suicide Squad."

>Mnuchin raised eyebrows when Trump named him as his lead fundraiser in May: He pocketed money stolen by Bernie Madoff; and Relativity Media, the studio behind "The Fighter," once accused his bank of "violating bankruptcy procedures."

Do people really not realize that all politicians "flip-flop"?

If you buy into this kind of hack journalism then you should be put to death.

>Suicide Squad is the Most Diverse Superhero movie
>Trump is actually liked and pols well with women, Mexicans and blacks.

Only Plebs Dislike SS and Trump

As much as this movie makes me cringe; I've honestly thought about it.

Author of the article.
>thewrap.com/author/meriah-doty/
>twitter.com/meriahonfiah

You're in for a rude awakening when she wins and ramps it up, and people start getting properly prosecuted for commenting on it online. It's only been happening to rare cases in the US so far, but it's going to be a lot worse than Germany when she's in power.

if they start going that draconian that bullshit will just implode under its own weight

>Trump is actually liked and pols well with women, Mexicans and blacks.

This is what Trump supporters actually believe.

Yet another redpilled movie added to the DC collection.

It really won't, it's only getting traction in Europe, you people have no idea what you're in for.

The Stasi and Stalin bullshit lasted for half a decade, and it never really went away even after the fall of communism, so...

>TRUMP IS SEXIST

Who plays the sex card all the time, like "muh vagina, vote for vagina" ? Who tends to push the battle of the sexes with the wage gap meme ?

You looney hypocrite liberals are so desperate.

Not as a whole but he's doing better with minorities than any republican nominee since Reagan

>you people have no idea what you're in for.

like youre some other species just observing? lol

just another delusional Sup Forums faggot

What do I do, Sup Forums?

I didn't like this movie that much but I really hate SJW reviewers and I have to take my beloved gf to the flicks tomorrow, should I take her?

>back2/pol/.jpeg

I can't be the only one incredibly amused by how much these reviewers want this movie to fail.

now this is heavily funded target shilling

Yes, stupid women love Harley

if i were you i'd watch it.

No he isn't, retard.

Stop being delusional.

Real talk, why are these people so obsessed with Suicide Squad and why they inject their political agenda in this? It's so weird.

This is literally "don't go watch it or you're supporting Trump."

But he has historically high unfavorability ratings. So while it's technically true that he has slightly more positive support what's happening is he has much high numbers of those same people that will never support him. There are less neutral or on the fence people in those demographics than with previous candidates.

You're dressing up a piece of a shit and calling it gold.

How could he be when the other witch is just nothing but racial baiting and other social justice pandering ?

Over the last 5 years, reviewers have become increasingly feminist and left leaning. Any film that politically offends them gets really low ratings.

By you people I meant Americans, there's a lot of shit that starts in the EU and gets imported to the US, and a lot of shit that starts in the US and gets imported to the EU and the Commonwealth, it's just a matter of time.

Depending on the country, it might take a year, it might take a decade, for example in Eastern Europe some systems only start getting implemented when everyone in the US has already rejected them as ridiculous, so they have to watch everything be played out as it already was and there's no way to stop it.

>injecting political views into your review

Can't stand right wingers or left wingers who sperg out with this shit.

I just want to enjoy art, vidya, history, film and read some philosophy without faggots from either side giving me outdated information and conspiracy theories while feeding me half truths.

>November 2016.jpg

every act on this world is also a politcal act, at least for some.

You Trumpfags really are delusional as fuck.

>giving a shit about what left wingers tell you

>giving a shit about right wingers tell you.

What does your gut tell you?

Its an election year with the biggest meme candidates in our countries history.

You can forgot about that for awhile. We are in 110% shill mode

Why is Tr*mp sexist again?

Except the medias you consume are already filled with politics, and mostly left wing.

I don't know about sexist but I can tell you why he's a piece of shit. He can't stay faithful to a single woman and he at least at one point supported partial birth abortion, something that even the most hardcore pro-choice people wouldn't support.

>why is nobody listening to our SJW crying? stop liking things I don't like

Seriously what is even the correlation between the two? What does that even mean? Why the fuck are you comparing a capeshit movie to a presidential candiatate?

>best strong female characters since Sarah Connor

I can't wait for their reaction to Trump actually winning.

Yes but let's be perfectly honest here, it's just an endless cycle and a repeat of intellectual debate.

>everything's right wing, small minority are left wing, left wing rises through provocation and taking the piss, becomes mainstream

And vice versa.

These elections drag on for too long.

We already know that Trump is going to win, he's going to be somewhat neutered in office, political correctness will be smashed one way or another

(Even the ABC in Australia, a government owned broadcasting network has comedy shows that constantly take the piss- I.e Soul Mates)

OR through the Internet, which has more views than television.

Islam will go under reform or just become unpopular on its own, with Europe some sort of sacrificial alter to achieve a greater good against authoritarian religious dogma.

I've seen shit like this play out in history. Left wingers and right wingers piss me off because they turn tribal and gravitate towards the people who bang the gong the loudest while feeding people half truths to push forward their agenda.

I fucking hate it all. I just want it to end, and I just want to post memes and have a laugh at everyone.

I'm Australian for fucks sake. Shitposting is in my blood.

>there's a part where they kill FBI agents
>trump once shushed a baby

I have right wing and left wing news delivered.

I believe in myself to choose my own path and not what other people tell me.

Nu-males BTFO

>taking silly clickbait article this seriously
>posting it on Sup Forums
why the fuck do you get so easily triggered

And yet Sup Forums is ride or die for Armond

he probably works for Correct The Record

>Suicide Squad is the Trump of current movies
>Ghostbusters is the Hillary
Hmm...

I'm not talking about newsfeeds but video games and films, hell even comics now are force feeding you with social justice and anti-trump messages.

>DON'T GO WATCH THIS FLICK! IF YOU DO YOU'RE A TRUMP SUPPORTER!
Are these people literally retarded?

Can you really deny there's an active campaign to bring this movie down with any means possible at this point?

Welcome to Sup Forums. People like to bitch and complain about literally nothing. Go to Sup Forums once in a while. They'll have 300+ threads about a literal who's Twitter

will trump push for bvs and suicide squad to be put in the national film registry?

>EXTREMIST LIBERALS DONT LIKE IT SO ITS A GOOD MOVIE
UNIRONICALLY KILL YOURSELF Sup Forums IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE POLITICS EXCUSE TERRIBLE EDITING, WRITING, ACTING AND "HUMOR"

It's like I'm really reading SJW tumblr posts
>OH MY GOD THIS ARTICLE CONTAINTED THE WORD RAPE I'M SO FUCKING TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW
Except of course it's anything with Trump now

Yeah no, it's just weird that they're specifically targeting Suicide Squad.

because Sup Forums perceives the world through a jewish conspiracy filter that means anything that is disliked by a liberal signifies quality

>Can you really deny there's an active campaign to bring this movie down with any means possible at this point?
There clearly is shilling on Sup Forums, that's for sure. It's a fucking clickbait piece of shit """journalism""" they are always loaded as fuck with stuff like this yet this is noteworthy suddenly because why exactly?
It's not that people complain, just that bullshit like these articles gets posted every fucking day now, more than anything it feels like it's people shilling their awful news sites and blogs.
Not that I blame them seems like the averafe fa/tv/irgin is dumb enough to take the bait.

This says something about the people on this board who hate Suicide Squad

>We already know that Trump is going to win
why even talk? youre saying shit not a single polling firm or analyst agrees with. unless you think having an edge in the popular vote means something when our elections are based on the electoral system

>anything that is disliked by a liberal signifies quality
I'm not Sup Forums but I'm legitimately baffled as to why Suicide Squad is the targed of so much bullshit. Just say that you didn't like the plot.

>HONKA HONKA

what did he mean by this?

liberal clickbaiters found something to complain about, whats new? the movie still sucks and its still doing well financially

And how well are they selling might I ask?

Not very well.

If anything, it's done in such a tasteless way that there's no objectivist art within it.

Rather than make allusions to reality, IT HAS TO BE EXPLICITALLY STATED.

As far as I'm concerned, if I can still play and buy games like God of War, and other games with scantly dressed women and wicked action and violence, I'm good.

If SJWs want to try and force a product down ones throat, it won't work.

Capitalism, the very system they oppose, will always prevail in producing products that may take the piss out of them.

And if not that, then surprisingly enough, government owned the stations and radios.

Soul mates- a pretty gud comedy sketch show, CONSTANTLY takes the piss of SJWs, and is arguably one of the most viewed shows.

And why not? It pokes fun at everything?

South Park is loved by all. WHY? Because it takes the piss out of everything. It doesn't push forward an agenda, rather both shows act as a form of counter fanaticism.

No one is safe from criticism. Even the Simpsons take the piss out of Liberals.

You will only see an agenda if you want to. You yourself, the consumer, can decide not to view the product entirely, and go out and pursue another to vent out your steam and enjoy edgy bantz.

Kind of like where we are now...

they need clicks bro. a movie review isnt noteworthy, but affiliating a movie with dogmatic racism and sexism is attention grabbing

>why Suicide Squad is the target of so much bullshit
Because it's a shitty movie. The rest is bloggers trying to bait people like OP to read their shitty clickbait.

>not a single polling firm or analyst agrees with
wow, paid shills are saying what they're paid to say?

This. Despite your opinion(whatever it is) of BvS, go read how many reviews are negative due to it being "nationalist, conservative, jingoistic, or masculine". It's disgusting, but also hi-lights that professional movie reviewing is dead.

kek

Is it just me or are film reviewers just getting worse for every year?

But there's a colored guy as main character.
How can it be Trump-core?

>state facts
>SHILLS
okay.
realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html
270towin.com/
cnn.com/election/interactive-electoral-college-map/
projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/
These are the first 4 results for "election map 2016" on google. im not even going to bother opening them because i already know what the electoral map looks like and am not a delusional moron. go ahead and take a look and tell me im wrong. or find anyone who disagrees. its not partisanship, its just statistics.

My dick would throb for her if she did some squats.

Really?

But wasn't captain America civil war somewhat of a libertarian homage?

Or perhaps the original ghost busters?

>professional movie reviewing is dead

For cape shit and sci fi and fantasy, yes.

Ultimately, the fans should be the true critics, and not the critics themselves.

If a sci fi film/ superhero film can generate a fan base, the film in a sense, is a success.

They do seem pretty insufferable this year.

It will be the early 2000s all over again.
Every libshit injecting anti-Trump stuff into every interview, acceptance speech, television appearance, etc.

Dozens of songs will be released that slander him.

Perhaps a sitcom revolving around his presidency, too.

>professional movie reviewing is dead.
Well no shit, they only ever review movies based on children's picture books

almost none. the vast majority mention the terrible editing, the terrible acting from lex, the shoehorned extended universe content, the ridiculous final 25 minutes of doomsday that was totally out of place, the horrible nonsensical motivations and actions by lex luthor to "manipulate" batman and superman, and pretty much everything that wasnt just ben affleck. the movie sucked dude.

Libcucks are so mean :(

More snobbish, really. Or arrogant if they're poor.

i wonder what is more likely of amanda, heckling a baby or killing a guy for leaking mails

>I think the moment I realised Suicide Squad had lost me was when it looked as if Batman was about to choke-rape the heroine. In an early sequence, Jared Leto’s Joker and Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn speed through Gotham in a purple sports car, and the Caped Crusader – Ben Affleck again, still buried in his Dawn of Justice Bat-huff – swoops down moodily onto the roof.

>There’s a brief pursuit before the Jokermobile plunges into the Gotham River, at which point Harley – who along with Will Smith’s ace assassin Deadshot, is the closest thing Suicide Squad has to a main character – slips from the wreckage and pulls out a knife.

>Batman responds by immediately punching her in the face, then dragging her unconscious body from the river and dumping it in the boot of his car. He leans over and administers the kind of mouth-to-mouth you can’t imagine passing muster with the Red Cross – let’s just say it looks like tongues are involved – then, when Harley comes around, he pins her to the ground, his black-gloved hand clasped around her throat.

>In short, Warner Bros. are patterning the behaviour of perhaps the DC Comics franchise’s single most valuable asset after a violent sex offender.

>We view the events almost exclusively from Batman’s perspective, rather than that of Harley, who’s explicitly sexualised throughout. (The camera lingers on her bare legs as Batman hauls her unconscious body along the dockside.)

In short, the sequence is there for its thrill factor alone: it’s a chance to savour our favourite brooding outsider hero, rejected by a society that fears and shuns him, having intimate, violent contact with a young, prone female body. Holy sex crime!

In other words they're mean :(