Now that the dust has settled, how do you rate it? Is RT's score accurate?

Now that the dust has settled, how do you rate it? Is RT's score accurate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
youtu.be/2e5qfcbtfEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a 3/10.

5/10

it's a competently made movie with no soul

The Extended Cut might change this.

I never finished it. Jokes were too forced. Some characters were way too far out there being utterly stupid.

It feels like it was phoned in by a 14yo.

>15 more minutes of terrible comedy

What did she mean by this?

Definitely, making a shit movie longer fixes all issues like cast and script, just like bvs.

>ITT:

If you read the article, Feig states the original Ghostbusters cut was 4 hours long.

K E K did he just let the actors improvise for over an hour or something?

Oh boy, another 5 queef jokes will definitely save this movie!

She's a lesbian.

Trying too hard there, sidecut.

toxic masculinity tbqhfam

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

Not going to watch it because Sony was going to sue Bill Murray so he made a cameo.

Feig was behind that and it's totally uncalled for. If your film was good in the first place, cameos would be unnecessary.

Wouldn't it be funny if it doesn't even hit 200 million? Wow.

why would you censor mcintosh's name?

This, man's a celebrity around these parts

It was really shit. Humor was shit too

6/10 with goodwill

I watched the movie. Didn't laugh once, only so much as smiled once at one of Leslie Jone's lines that wasn't even a joke but I found amusing outside of the context of the movie.

The attempts at humor were too loud, over the top, and cartoonish. It either completely missed the point when it came to what made the original funny or just didn't care, because it completely lacks any and all of the subtly that made that movie so great.

It's more like a bad unfunny parody of Ghostbusters than a true spirtual successor/sequel.

In the original...
Peter Venkman: 25% cartoon character
Ray Stantz: 25% cartoon character
Egon Spengler: 50% cartoon character
Winston Zeddlemore: 0% cartoon character
Janine Melnitz: 25% cartoon character

In the New Ghostbusters...
Abby Yates: 75% cartoon character
Erin Gilbert: 50% cartoon character
Jillian Holtzmann: 100% cartoon character
Patty Tolan: 25% cartoon character

It felt more like an episode of the Ghostbusters Cartoon than an actual Ghostbusters movie. It also was too post-9/11 for its own good. The original's start-up business, rags-to-riches angle was a big part of the plot of the original that really worked.

This here.
It felt like a snl sketch.
And regarding feig, he did parody of certain genre. No wonder its a ghostbusters parody.

THE CRINGE IS JUST TO FUCKING STRONG!!!! HOLD ME Sup Forums!!!

It was one of the best films I saw in a Cinema this summer,but thats not saying much.

What an awful year for film.

The characters were a bunch of schlubs dealing with something as crazy as hunting ghosts while treating it like it's a mundane, blue collar thing ever.

That's the entire joke, they're glorified pest control. It's the reason that movie worked so well, and why the new movie doesn't at.

Paul Fag is an idiot.

It was more a real ghostbusters mixed with the later ghostbusters season "slimer and the ghostbusters"

every time someone says queef it makes my stomach feel bad... why is that?

So... That Kristen Wiig character was totally written to be played by Jennifer Aniston, right? They even made her look like her, ffs.

Yeah but Dana and Winston were two characters of each sex who were both pretty much grounded in reality. Initially it is Bill Murray's character who is supposed to ground the movie in reality since in the start of the movie the supernatural is just a con for him to waste university resources and sleep with women. Winston grounds the Ghostbusters in reality and gives an excuse for expsoitionary dialogue post makin'-it-big montage.

I didn't watch it, not planning to

>ghostbusters wins out in a year packed with good movies
>remake flops hard in the shittiest movie summer on record

I thought it was supposed to be Emma until she turned the role down

eeeeh mediocre 6/10

>original Ghostbusters starred SNL veterans in a comedy
>new Ghostbusters stars SNL newbies in a fucking SNL parody
I haven't seen it (not sure if I even want to) but this sounds disappointing and cringeworthy as fuck.

The problem is
GB84 transfered the snl humor not completly, like the buscemi kind of humor, in ghostbusters.
The actors didnt played snl roles.
GB16 seems to take the snl humor, especially the ferrel kind of humor, which doesnt work with ghosts. Thats why scooby doo or murphy ghost mansion didnt worked well besides kids or teenagers.

I don't think I will ever watch this in its entirety. I have made many people sit through the trailers and stuff though, just to warn them.

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?

>did he just let the actors improvise for over an hour or something?
Feig admitted he basically turn on the camera and say the actors to do something funny. Actors are infamous for being egomaniacs

Jim Carrey would have much preferred Stone to Wiig.

youtu.be/2e5qfcbtfEI

That's huge difference between this and BvS. People praised it as good film with flaws, critics hated it, then Ultimate Cut came and made good film superior, which is why it now tops it's sales. In case of GB it's vice versa.

why did they keep dancing

why was everyone in the movie constantly dancing

it was literally cringekino. just fucking horrible, the only redeeming quality was hemsworth playing an actual retard and they even managed to overplay and run that into the ground in a hurry.

nothing about this movie worked. nothing. worst movie of the year (that ive seen) so far, and borderline in the top 50 worst ive ever seen period. im not even memeing. was expecting mediocre/bad, and was left in awe at how catastrophically terrible it ended up being.

1.5/10. there are very few so bad its good moments (more would have bumped up the score for me), mostly just flat/forced horrific cringe. nothing about it is legitimately good.

>Sony still has this movie is 2,500 theaters

They're like a teenager that refuses to admit his girlfriend left him.

Feig thinks that's what girls do to have fun and that audiences will have fun by watching it.

Because he's a fucking retard.

This is a guy who for the sake of "sister's doing it for themselves" wrote for Melissa McCarthy and Rose Byrne's characters to bond and be friends at the end of "Spy" despite Rose Byrne's character handing being involved in the smuggling of a doomsday weapon.

Because he's a fucking retard.

There's a pattern emerging here

I agree with 3/10
>borderline in the top 50 worst ive ever seen
This movie is so mediocre that it doesn't even deserve that. It's extremely boring and uninteresting and yet there are worse movies.

Wait didn't Feig basically admit to having a fem dom fetish. I remember in one video he appeared in a clown suit at a party full of women saying things like "Men just aren't funny"
Hello, Mr.Feig. How is Movie Prison treating you?

It's pretty much exactly the same as the first ghostbusters. therefore it's a 3/10 if you've seen and enjoyed ghostbusters or a 7.5/10 if you're a 12 year old girl.

Probably a 6/10

Fun movie. Sucks that everyone is inclined to downgrade it because the director is a cunt

>fem dom fetish

I think he's fuelled more by his outright hatred for his own gender than any sort of kink.

I won't repeat back all the stuff about him having no father figure, becoming a faggot and then being bullied for being a faggot. But his behaviour over the last 2 years has been that of a numale with nothing but contempt for the thing between his legs.

I started thinking a few months back that within 5 years he's going to go full Caitlyn Jenner.

>director's a cunt
>writer's a cunt
>actors' are cunts
>Amy Pascal who pushed forward this over a Ghostbusters 3 is a cunt
>Dan Ackroyd is an insane tinfoil hat cunt

It's not a bad Made-for-TV movie of the week, but it's a terrible theatrical release.

Sure. Movie was still fun.

>dance scene
>alium ghosts
>more toilet humor
Nope.

>Is RT's score accurate?
Yes.
70% is average. Just above mediocre.

I want to see the dance scene desu.

Hey guiz, I think this director might be gay.

I thought the movie was fine, I didn't laugh, but I didn't laugh at the original either.
I don't know why people say it is super cringe, I have no tolerance for cringe, but I managed to sit through the whole thing.
I thought it was one of the more visually interesting movies I have seen.

Your taste must be dogshit

HOW DARE YOU HAVE AN OPINION!!

Be ready to be called a "numale" for not joining the /r9k/ circlejerk.