Predator 2 & Predators are way better films compared to Predator 1

Predator 2 & Predators are way better films compared to Predator 1.

You can't prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2016/07/james-franco-the-predator-sequel-shane-black-1201706828/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what do I get if I do prove you wrong? I need to know if this is worth my time.

Predator > Predators > Predator 2 > AVP:R > AVP

Predator 2 > Predator >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Predators

Predator>Predator2>Predators

Predators was full of shit cgi and pointless plot twists. There was no tension whatsoever in that movie

Can you even tell us what the story of Predator was about?

>thinking he can prove me wrong

Predator 2
>Set in a city
>Watching the Predator strike people down in buildings, rooftops, a train subway
>Seeing the inside of the Predator ship
>A better soundtrack by Alan Silvestri, combining jungle drums with an orchestral mix

Predators
>A much better set of characters compared to Predator 1 where they were all just boring military
>Topher Grace's psychopath reveal
>Being set on the Predator homeworld
>Much better action scenes and the first half isn't as boring compared to Predator 1

>It's a better movie because it's set in a city
This is so stupid I'm convinced you're sincere.

>A much better set of characters compared to Predator 1 where they were all just boring military

Muh one dimensional characters who last a quarter of the movie. Brody was shit.

>Topher Grace's psychopath reveal
Pointless and stupid twist that made no sense

>Being set on the Predator homeworld
Which you find out about 20 minutes in, taking away any mystery

>Much better action scenes and the first half isn't as boring compared to Predator 1
CGI overload doesn't equal good. And Predator 1 wasn't boring you faggot.

>he didn't bother reading my other points
wew

>Pointless and stupid twist that made no sense
>no sense
You are just as bland as all the nowadays film critics

>And Predator 1 wasn't boring you faggot.
Go back and rewatch it
"MUH JUNGLE SUSPENSE"

Predator 2 and Predators are the extreme patrician

What gets me is that the alien planet isn't even particularly interesting. It's just a jungle, but in space, and that's it. As an environment, it has no character.

>You are just as bland as all the nowadays film critics

The twist makes no sense, they were on the planet for less than a day and already he decided he wanted to live there instead

Also, tension is necessary to predator films.

That's why Predator 2 and Predator work, while Predators doesn't.

Yep, they should have distinguished it from Predator 1 more. Maybe by making it a volcanic planet, or even an arctic planet would have worked better. Predator 1 and 2 are very different, while predators just tries (and fails) to copy Predator, but with more predators and shitty cgi (lawrence fishburne's death is hilariously bad).

Also, the predators were no longer these smart hunters, they were basically Jason Vorhees. They were able to absorb so many bullets and axe hits before dying or being injured, and their strategy for attack seemed to be 'lets run right at these people with guns' instead of the methodical stalking and killing in Predator.

Nigga I like Predators and think it's a tiny bit better than Predator 2, and even I think you're full of shit.

>I'M KINO
bit presumptuous don't you think?

>tfw you rewatch Predators now and it reminds you of Suicide Squad

You're black. Therefore your opinion is birthed from a lower inate ability to recognize (and thus properly appreciate) patterns.

Anybody with decent spatial reasoning and (at minimum) average functioning IQ will tell you that the pattern that is Predator far surpasses the (cheaper, derivative) patterns of Predator 2 and Predators.

Since all taste is subjective, we have to accept that from your point of view, the dumbed down sequels are "superior" because they represent a pattern that you are intellectually comfortable with.

Jesse Ventura with a Gatling gun is boring?

>Being set on the Predator homeworld.

Why do people think this?
The Predators aren't gonna fly around the galaxy picking up dangerous fuckers to bring back home. The planet is nothing more than a massive game reserve, to refine their skills.
Morpheus himself says that whenever a Predator is killed, the others fuck off for a while & come back better equipped. They aren't just driving 10 miles up the road.

Le This

Is it true black people worship danny glover?

Predators sucked ass. Predator 2 is a good time though.

They don't have shirtless prime arnold and are therefore inferior.

It says right there in the bottom that Predators is kino.
I have to admit that for once OP is right.

I remember enjoying Predators, but on rewatching it did not hold up very well at all, whereas the original never gets old, so fuck you OP and try harder next time

Yes.

How can they be better films when it's well established Predator is the best film of all time? Checkmate.

What about the original meme magic of both Arnold and Jesse Ventura becoming Governors?

Does this mean that Danny Glover will become the dictator of Haiti?

Arnold and Ventura were also in the Running Man were Donald Trump made a cameo.

Reminder that James Franco might be the lead in Predator 4.

indiewire.com/2016/07/james-franco-the-predator-sequel-shane-black-1201706828/

>boring military characters
faggot detected

Holy fuck!

Trump confirmed for President. Danny Glover confirmed for brutal dictator of Liberia.

Confuckingfirmed.

>Set in a city
how is that saying anything about any movies quality at all?!

It's hopeless, he really thinks it's some kind of critique.

>they were on the planet for less than a day and already he decided he wanted to live there instead
its been some time since i watched predators but hasnt he been much much longer on the planet than anybody else just making it look like he is one of the recently kidnapped?

Why of all actors do they pick an asexual nu-beta male who laughs at his own unfunny jokes?

Why not Andrew Lincoln? Or Jason O'Hara? Or Colin Ferell? Or Liam fucking Neeson? Someone who looks like they can fight?

>cast of shitty meme actors killing dozens of predators just like this was aliens but it's fucking not
Not much of a Predator
fucking hack movie

I like all 3, they are all awesome movies, great action, fun characters, awesome fx, great action, I don't see a problem.

>its been some time since i watched predators but hasnt he been much much longer on the planet than anybody else just making it look like he is one of the recently kidnapped?

The characters find him hanging from a tree by his parachute upside down

The guy making the new Predator movie even thinks Predators takes place in the future, because of how it's on an alien world, explaining that his movie takes place in "present time" and so isn't connected to Predators.

Nevermind the fact that all the soldiers were clearly culled from wars that were happening before the movie was even made.

>Someone who looks like they can fight
>Liam Neeson

The only thing he's capable of fighting these days is dementia.

Hi (((James)))! Congratulations on getting the part! I'm sure it was entirely merit based!

>being assblasted about a goddamn grandpa not being cast in the new Predator movie

At least suggest bringing back Arnold.

Everything is better with Walton Goggins.

But Arnold will overshadow you James. He's not low test like you.

>tfw he never got to rape so many fine bitches

I actually thought that script was pretty cool.
Wish Rodriguez had actually directed it...
instead he made fucking Spy Kids 4

Cunt.

Each movie has its own unique style, but predator 2 and predators were "off the shelf" movies made to the same formula as others at the time, predator 2 was early 90s kino which some find nostalgic or original because they have not seen anything like it before, predators is more a movie that people expect nowadays.

HOWEVER

Predator was groundbreaking. A successful combination of rambo, late 80s early 90s action and 50s "the thing from the swamp" style b movies, another Arnold Schwarzenegger classic. You don't have to share the target audience's subjective tastes to appreciate that, Frozen didn't appeal to me but I accept it is somewhere in the top 100 of all time.

Predators?

All 3 have their merits..

Predator is a true classic and it's merits are known.

Predator 2 is probably the best Paul Verhoven movie he never made, everything about it from the gore to the characters to the humor is over the top and very much in his style. The end on board the ship is also probably the most classic moment in the franchise at this point, Arnold will fade to future generations the way movie stars from the 60s mean nothing to us now, but the end of Predator 2 created the entire crossover world of Alien vs Predator which is something that, like Star Wars, Godzilla, Bond, and now Marvel, will literally continue for the rest of our lives in some way.

Predators also holds up pretty well, this thread just made me watch it and finish 5 minutes ago. I like it more now than when I originally watched it, but it still seems a little tame. The scenario is cool, the characters well done given their short screen time/running time, the one thing the movie needs is for more violent effectiveness. It needed the dogs to kill someone, the predators to kill one or two more people, Laurence Fishburne to do something badass like take out a predator in front of everyone and THEN try to kill them, etc. Add 2 more characters and 20 minutes to the runtime and it would be a near perfect film.