Itt: Post a personal 10/10 and others try to find flaws

>BUT SLOOP JOHN B

Ok and what is wrong with Sloop John B?

The first track is fine for what he wanted to do, but it goes on for a bit too long.

To me it sounds like the song is stuck in neutral

To be honest I actually really enjoy Sloop John B, it's a damn fun track especially when the band bring all the harmonies in at the end of the track.

Some songs are way too fucking long, like 4 minutes too long

It ain't giant steps

Nothing wrong

>saucerful and set the controls are better live

I know

It's not Giant Steps

>The Gift isn't enjoyable to listen to after the first couple times you hear it

yeah well maybe don't listen to the same albums over and over and this wouldn't be an issue

it's not as good as bringing it all back home or highway 61 revisited

>yeah well maybe don't listen to the same albums over and over and this wouldn't be an issue

a 10/10 should be endlessly replayable

pretentious and ridiculously overrated

bloated and overlong with lots of filler

"sucking on my ding dong"
or w/e it is is the worst fucking line I've ever heard in music ever

within without you doesn't really fit with the rest of the album

If you think Sister Ray is anything more than an arty piss take then you have a tin ear.

>beach boys
>pretentious
???

Like others have said, it's unnecessarily long-winded. It's celebrated as the "first double album" but I think it would've worked better as a single album.
I've never been too fond of pre-Meddle PF. On this album (like the others from that time) there are both brilliant and dull tracks, and overall I think their transition from psychedelia to prog was awkward and inconsistent.
Tough one to criticize, and it's not even my favorite Beatles album. I could say that it's a little indulgently maximalist, or that some tracks veer too much on the side of novelty, but I'd be lying - this album is thoroughly enjoyable. So I'll just say that it's overrated, seeing as it's probably one of the five or ten most critically acclaimed albums ever.
Seconding that the Gift gets old, and what said. "Sister Ray" is also pretty overrated and does not need to be nearly as long as it is. Every other track on the album is a ten, though.
Love this album almost as much as their other three, but "Lonesome Cowboy Bill" and "Train Round the Bend" are pretty dull. The album pulls off the whole radio-friendly pop-rock schtick better than most actual radio-friendly pop-rock, but it's still a radio-friendly pop-rock album by a band that could otherwise be creating something more innovative.

i don't find any music to be "endlessly replayable", at least not in the sense that I could listen to it every day and still enjoy it fully
i think it fits the song perfectly
no

shitty blurry album cover, too much filler

one good song

babbies first jazz album

>the beatles

only plebs and contrainans think that psychedelic era PF was good

made by a total hack

an album for 16 year old pretentious teenage boys

not bad

mediocre attempt at """"artistic"""" pop-rock

The fucking cover for one.

videotape is a massive disappointment. whole album is kind of poppy, its very good but never really incredible outside of a couple of moments

the most overrated album of all time. half the songs really arent very good. that said i had a huge beatles phase and i loved the shit out of it so i cant complain too much

Jaxx has some of the worst album covers of the past 20 years. Right up there with Viper

all i want in life is a girl who loves this album as much as i do

Videotape isn't a bad song it's just odd within the album IMO.

I agree, makes no sense

thats true. they were trying to do the whole "epic sad dreamy closer" thing, like motion picture soundtrack, but in rainbows is not a sad or cold album like kid a and the track just doesnt really go anywhere. odd choice to end in rainbows.

Exactly what said.

Side one has some pretty meh tracks

It's too Paul-heavy, WYWY is one of Harrison's weaker songs (imo just a Love You To retread, would've preferred Only a Northern Song) and the stereo mix is garbage

See-Saw is kinda dull, but I agree probably still a 9 or 10

Bad stereo mix, Sister Ray could be shorter

Could easily be a single disc (maybe not if you remove Schmap'n Schmazz)

House of Cards is dull, Videotape could've been better

It's its own universe

This problem is solved by turning the stereo channel with the music up and the channel with the story down, afaik Lou Reed intended for people to mess with it if they wanted too which is why they're in different channels