Is "There is a Kingdom" the only good christfag song ever written?

Is "There is a Kingdom" the only good christfag song ever written?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PCVnPIE3juc
youtube.com/watch?v=AOMyS78o5YI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

despite Nick's numerous religious centric lyrics, he actually isn't religious, nor Christian.

>I don't believe in an interventionist God
>but I know darling, that you do

Interventionist is the key word. Hes stated he believes in god although hes not religious

No, there are a lot of good ones but THIS is definitively the best

youtube.com/watch?v=PCVnPIE3juc

I mean, he wrote an introduction for the book of Mark, but yeah I mostly agree with you. And think he and Sufjan Stevens actually just kind of get off on the drama and beauty of Christianity and the creative tension that religion can bring to music.

Which brings me to my next point: there is a SHITTON of good Christfag music. Honestly not being a christfag is probably a little bit of a creative handicap --it gives you less source material to draw from and ruminate over.

I recall seeing somewhere that Nick's main influence or at least favourite book is Flannery O'Connor's "Wise Blood" which is very critical of Christianity while the aforementioned author while being a devout Catholic. It seems Nick weens and wains from being "spiritual" and agnostic depending on the times

Listen to Talk Talk's late stuff for more good Christian stuff

He's said in interviews that he used to be very religious, but now I think he's just kinda "spiritual"

SO I CHANGED MY STYLE

Far From Me is such a fucking underrated song
>There is no knowledge, but I know it
>There's nothing to learn from that sacred voice
>That sails to me across the line
>From the ridiculous
>To the sublime

Not after the death of his son, he's not. Listen to his new album. If he was religious before, he sure as hell isn't now.

> the only good christfag song
NO
> the best christfag song
possibly

I'm pretty fond of this mormons

I'm not religious in anyway but I enjoy lyrics about God and heaven even if they don't mean what they are singing about.

Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads is p good.

but user... what about
>youtube.com/watch?v=AOMyS78o5YI
?

>Listen to his new album
At what point does he denounce God?

Never explicitly, I think, but the album screams of a guy who's done seeing things that way.

This. If you're looking for quality song writing and Christian aesthetics look no further than pic related and Josh T(exas) Pearson's solo album.

Lord of this World by Black Sabbath

>He hasn't heard Free to Worship

It's like you don't even want to make it L.O.U.D. m8

If you watch the movie he came out with a few years back, I think he talks about how he's something of an agnostic leaning towards atheism

Fuck off, there's plenty of Christfag songs in Sup Forumscore, just because Christians only embrace the shittest music that they feel is "safe" for their kids (when the bible is full of stuff much worse than anything they'd be naturally exposed to) doesn't mean that there aren't tons of great Christian songs from other artists such as The Velvet Underground, Johnny Cash, 16 Horsepower, Dave Bixby, etc.