Why do so many people in lithuania suicide themselves? No country is even close in suicides as lithuania is

Why do so many people in lithuania suicide themselves? No country is even close in suicides as lithuania is

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finno-Ugrian_suicide_hypothesis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences_in_suicide
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No mental health policy at all, and social stigma. Seeking professional help, depending on how messed up you were, means you won't be able to get a drivers license, own a gun or apply to certain jobs, even if you're all better now. So people rather kill themselves than seek help.

Lithuania could beat Sweden in a war any day

What the fuck? is your government that fucked?

They subconsciously know that they occupy Wilno (ancient Polish city) and suicide as a silent protest to this evil perpetraded by lithuanian government.

Go die in a fire inbred daughterfucker, how is that related to the subject?

Fuck, was that just bait?

We have the government that the people deserve. This time we elected greens, and it's very very entertaining. It was even 100 days into their term and we already had 4 or 5 major scandals.

There is no mental health policy in Russia too, I'd say thing are even worse here. But even though we are depressed alcoholics living in the shittiest conditions in the world we still are better (or should I say worse) than you in suicides.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finno-Ugrian_suicide_hypothesis

Fucking white pigs make up bullshit like this but not "Balto-Slavic suicide hypothesis"

REEEEE

>implying we aren't the same people
Pekka, I thought we settled this yesterday.

cringe

Because there's no need for hypothesis for Russians suicide rates. Everyone knows why Russians kill themselves.

Suicide rate is low in Greece... maybe Lithuania needs more debts?

Counterargument A) I don't trust russian statistics as far as I can throw them; counterpoint B) we use myths of how great our country is as a mental crutch.

That's actually a valid argument. I'm sure that austerity policy implemented during the 2008 crisis, while received many a praise from IMF, caused its fair share of suicides.

reply to yourself some more why dontcha

Oh yeah, I forgot, as per a recent report, we have very low levels of lithium in our groundwater, and there's been an observed corelation between that and suicide rates. So there's that too.

Yeah I wouldn't trust it either. They even banned mentioning suicides in the news. The statistics may be completely made up.

not really
we are sinking on the charts and we are still in austerity period while you got the euro

the stigma on suicide is worse than being a bit bonkers in the head now

Crap, I meant
>we DON'T USE myths as a crutch

It also has the biggest gender gap in suicide.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences_in_suicide

Yeah got you.

Why do they kill themselves?

finnish heritage

Well, I just checked, during the crisis suicide rates for men increased by 6 points for men, and 2 points for women. Then we had a spike in 2013.

Well who else are we supposed to kill, you dingus?

Russians or swedes?

They live next to BRAVO ESTONIA

test

What the hell is happening in Hungary?

some people say than anheroes are cowards but it takes a lot of courage and preparations to actually kys
the answer is lithuanians are teh bravest people in the world, bravo lietuva

I went to Lithuania last year and drove my bike around for 4months . Most fun I had in my whole life.

If every Lithuania had a motorcycle their suicide rate will drop like the British pound.

I wouldn't be so sure. People here are pretty shit drivers.

But the people their are very kind, I even was invited to a wedding, 7 birthdays and some asian migrants got me to go karaoke with them.

Slept with like 5 girls, everyone offered me free drinks when I got into a bar.

It was amazing, especially Trakai.

no
in 2006 it was 2,9

Fun fact: everyone you met on your trip is dead by now. Suicide.

My guess is Lithuania needs more sunshine. And perhaps less Communist history.

No, I regularly speak with a couple of them via Whatsapp, skype or telegram.

When I went to Mazeikiai for the second time to go to Zidikai I met a bloke who I am going to visit again this autumn for his birthday.

>Židikai
>second time
What for? R u some kind of a church weirdo?

I went to times to Mazeikiai, Zidikai only once. And I went there because a hitchhiker asked me.

Alcoholism
Child abuse
Mass bullying since young age
Shitty quality of life
Huge inequality
Corrupt government
Social stigma for various arbitrary things that are viewed completely different in the west

Showing a sign of weakness and a failure in Lithuanian culture is unacceptable, and bullying ins encouraged that's why many people decide to take their life.

How can I save Lithuanians?

>impossiburru.jpg

So I will never get a cute anime addicted twink Lithuanian bf?

You can't
We have a saying in Lithuania: "it is good everywhere where we aren't"

Its worrying also because you just cant afford to loose young people like that with such a vulnerable demography, you wanna make it into the 22th century as a country dont you?

No not really. Emigration is a far bigger problem than birthrates and suicide rates combined.

Just b urself

In 200 years we will be known as one of those nations who has more people abroad than in the native country, a nation of nomads, with sizeable populations across multiple countries, like Albanians, Kurds and so on.

No I want my little anime addicted bf

Sorry, we bully that kind of people until they kill themselves.

Kill yourself.

why so many fins kill themselfs every year..... ;(

No

They can't cope with the fact that there will never be another Golden Horde.

> Sorry, we bully that kind of people until they kill themselves.
hot

wew

They are samurai and they brought dishonor to their family by being Lithuanian.

>suicide themselves

can any native english speaker confirm if this phrasing is either right or wrong pls?
I find it difficult to think that he actually implied you can suicide somebody else.

>No mental health policy at all, and social stigma

these go hand in hand. Once health policies promote seeking professional help, social stigma slowly dissolves away. It was probably as bad as in lithuania, but it's almost normal now. Better getting help than homicidal or suicidal thoughts and shooting old hags spreading the news around.