You know what Sup Forums; you are wrong about the Star Wars prequals being "bad...

You know what Sup Forums; you are wrong about the Star Wars prequals being "bad." If the prequal trilogy didnt exist the lore and story of Star Wars would of died years ago.

The prequal trilogy had much more detailed story plots about the galaxy and the Jedi council with much more battles and action going on. The OT was just about a smuggler and a kid who finds out he is the son of the ultimate sith master.

The prequals are about the rise of governments in the galaxy and the corruption of both sides and how that led to the biggest downfall in the Star Wars universe. The lightsaber fights are intense and have much more to them. In the OT they just fought like children and it was a bore fest.

Then you gaylords will say "anikens acting and love story was terrible!!!!"

Wrong

It was written that Aniken is a arrogent young unstable jedi that falls to the dark side. If you ever met anunstable person youd know his acting was portraying that to a tee. He is a lover; and loses everything.

Fuck you and fuck the Star Wars fucks that want no more prequal shit. Clone Wars and Rebels TV show is canon and that means the prequals are going no where.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U7UjyAVQivc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OP, what you're praising is the story. There's no denying the Star Wars universe is rich with good stories to be told, and that the prequels did justice to that universe, story-wise, expanding on so many characters and lore. But the prequels suffered from bad direction, too much CGI, and plot holes. And shitty Anakin actors.

But you have to hand it to George Lucas, if he played it safe and didn't take any risks and made the prequels basically a remake of the OT, like JJ Abrams did with TFA, then I'm not sure what people would think of the Star Wars universe anymore.

I would love to see a Star Wars movie about the events that happened before Phantom Menace (my favorite prequel, despite Jar Jar Binks). The rise of Sheev, when he killed his master, Qui Gon, Dooku, Windu, Yoda...

KOTOR story with the rise of the rule of two. Bane and then Reven

This. I'd be 100% OK with a remake of the prequels. Hell, bring back the principle cast, even Christensen.

With a few minor plot alterations, a script rewrite and George "We'll Fix it in Post" not at the helm of his Yesmen, the Prequels could be better than OT.

Few things I had in mind...

>Anakin aged 13 instead of 9
>No Podracing
>More scenes building the relationship of Anakin and Shmi
>Cate Blanchett as Shmi Skywalker
>No Droid comic relief
>Darth Maul character arc throughout trilogy
>Less or none foreground CGI
>Cut the goofy shit (Anakin accidentally saving the day, the gladiator trial,
Obi-Wan riding that lizard)

That's all I can think of right now but the whole production was a mess.

Problem is; the canon already has tons of Darth Maul story archs in Clone wars amd Rebels to this day. He might be the creator of the knights of ren. So I would say that the tv show does justice to the character overall

>If the prequal trilogy didnt exist the lore and story of Star Wars would of died years ago.
*would have

There were plenty of books being published.

And I'm not saying I didn't want prequels, I'm saying I wanted better prequels, with better writing, better casting, and a story that meshed better with the originals.

Though to be honest, any prequels would ruin some of the surprises. Like Vader's identity, or Leia's lineage.

>the gladiator trial
Wait - fuck you - I wish we HAD a proper gladiator trial. Throw Anakin into some Game of Thrones style trial-by-combat. Sure, what we got with the three of them in an arena was fucking stupid, and the save was bad (Luke didn't need help to escape the Rancor, he fought it, then was imprisoned, then sentenced to death and STARTED the fucking frenzy.)

What I want most in a redo is to just bring it closer to what the originals implied.
>Anakin a skilled pilot
>Obi-Wan takes it upon himself to teach Anakin
>they run off to fight in the Clone Wars, against Owen's objections
>Anakin is seduced by the Dark Side
>probably attracted to the power provided
>Empire rises, Anakin ascends into its ranks
>The Jedi are hunted down, the Rebellion is born
>Anakin probably didn't even know his wife was pregnant because he was so engrossed in the Dark Side
>neglects his friends and family
>saving Luke is the first sign since the Emperor brought him under his wing that he ever cared for anything but control over others
>throw out the Chosen One bullshit, throw out Anakin falling to the Dark Side to save his wife
>love is not what causes Anakin's fall, it's what saves him
>prophecy can still happen, it's the Force after all, but make it far more ambiguous like the "Clone Wars" visions
>maintain a single villain throughout the trilogy, a Maul/Dooku/Grievous hybrid
>keep in tone with the originals - swashbuckling adventure with undertones both of humor and darkness
>don't make it a goddamn live-action cartoon

The prequels should've been a TV program. Maybe an 8 part hour long mini-series.

/thread

>of

I didn't mind the IDEA of the trial, but it was executed poorly with the dumb fucking animals and CGI.

Lmfao fuck off faggot

What even haircut does obi wan have, like holy shit

>tfw george lucas fucks your shit up

youtube.com/watch?v=U7UjyAVQivc

Not person you responded to, but in a weird way I felt like the chosen one nonsense was kind of important to the eventual downfall of his character, it made it that much more impactful and heartbreaking. Maybe there was a different way they could have gone about it, without midichlorians and all that trash?

lightsabers in prequels were just chaotic swinging, go look up The (not) phantom menace video or whatever it was called, in the OT it was actually sensible

the rebellion was born by Garen Malek in SWTFU which is a way better story than the three prequels btw

>but in a weird way I felt like the chosen one

Yeah that is weird.

George Lucas should remake the prequels.
It would be one movie 6 hours long. We would get the whole story trough Jedi Council intelligence briefs given to Jar Jar Binks.

epic 1 mate

episode one is the only good star wars movie, though there are some scenes from the grandpa ones i like such as luke vs vader and vs emperor

Thanks.

obvious bait

The depths of your ineptitude are so dark not even light could escape its grasp

im not baiting ive seen every star wars movie and played almost every game and read some of the books. i only like episode one

Then why did you watch every movie and play every game and read all the books if you didn't like it? Obvious bait

im just talking about the movies i did not care for the old ones and 2 and 3. most games and books were alright

Lmao ok I bet you kiss guys

>they must be dead by now... destroy whats left of them.

sorry the prequels just don't make sense

>would of