User mindlessly listens to tons of new albums without giving any of those albums once a replay

>user mindlessly listens to tons of new albums without giving any of those albums once a replay

>user mindlessly listens to the same 5-10 albums without discovering much music

Which one are you /my/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NeWtHbtCwpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*Sup Forums

Used to be A, now I'm B

I'm A for a month then B for a month with certain albums from A, then back

A, although in between new listens I re-listen to my all-time faves

I'm the second one for about 5 years
then I'm the first one for a couple of months
then I'm the second one again for another 5 years
and so on

I'm B, I still listen to In Rainbows everyday. Before that it was Low

I listen to tons of new albums, then repeat the shit outta those which i loved.

A usually
B in times when I've got lots of work but swap 5-10 albums for 2-5 artists

the first one, but only because I was the second one for awhile

are you me?

and I'm in my B phase right now

Second, but I also have about 700 albums that I have neglected to listen too and am in the process of getting around to.

This, I rarely ever run into an album I liked after having disliked it before.

A when I was younger but definitely turned into B over the years.

BOTH

B, but I go in phases

Listen to the same group of albums for months, then find some new stuff to wear out

The former, I compulsively collect music to fill the gaping void in my life. I'm drowning in stuff I haven't yet listened to but finding rare albums and getting new CDs/records in the mail is half the thrill.

Formerly B, now A as I'm diving deeper into new genres.

I can honestly say I'm pretty healthily in the middle these days, but I used to be a less extreme version of A.

personally find a sound that i am in the mood for and mix tried favorites in with new albums to try until a couple stick or i get bored and move to new sound. just listening to all new shit gets frustrating and can be counterproductive

B because I'm picky about what I like. I'm not going to listen to a decent album again if I can listen to a great one again.

You are the exception user! You have the rare C type trait!

neither
i tag albums which i listened to less than a handful of times, so i don't forget to give them some attention. most get 3-5 listens before i untag them.

I try to listen to like two new albums a day. My backlog is huge because I only started getting into music about a year ago. If I like an album I will listen to it again a number of times.

>order an album online
>listen to it on digital until it arrives
>spin it a few times
>shelf it
>repeat
i do this when i discover new music and that doesn't happen much these days so i mostly just spin records i did the process with

this

fuck you you dont get to have your cake and eat it too

A when I wanted to look deep and esoteric to people by listening to a bunch of shit no one's heard of before because music elitism intimated me and I didn't want to look entry-level, but then B when I stopped giving a fuck and just went back to playing Powerslave and Toxicity over and over again

USED to A then i was B.
AND NOW I'M NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kek this is (You)

Neither. Who even does this?

Which one are my?

The dead musician I suppose, but enough of Scrimshaw...

What are you asking of me? Leave me alone!

Yes?

but he shall digress... Who is this he? The eye who's turned into we?

Scrimshaw the name of intense energy....

So it has been said. By who? Well be Aloysius, but he lies... Don't ever trust him...

As for I? Well I am delighted you asked friend...

>Aloysius Scrimshaw

youtu.be/NeWtHbtCwpA

>The Dead Musician
>Post Experimental

This viral marketing is shitty

B lately but maybe in a month or so i'm going full A

B, I usually can't remember a single thing about an album on the first listen

Basically, I go through periods of one or the other.
You throw stuff at the wall, what sticks, sticks.

I feel bad for music reviewers like Fantano who have to digest so many albums in such a short time. I feel like that'd suck some of the enjoyment of music. Even guys like DEHH take on less albums/space out the reviews and publications like Pitchfork don't have one person listening to all the albums.

>D
>collect a shit ton of albums as a fashion statement and never get around to listen to them

Used to be me, still catching up with it to this day

>>Post Experimental

Basically A, but I do come back and listen to things if I liked them quite a bit or if I find reason to otherwise, I'll relisten. As long as I listen to 100 new albums a month, I'm cool to listen to whatever.

A for sure

>listening to music

The album cover is terrible. Also, this is clearly marketing. Please leave.

Also, the oh-so-edgy EVERYTHING is pretty embarrassing. Stop relying on gimmicks to sell your music and please go somewhere else.

B but trying to get less like that
>Less than 300 artists after a year and a half on last.fm

I used to love finding new sonic landscapes, but now that I've heard thousands of albums I just listen to the same Pink Floyd and Ween albums over and over.

When I'm drunk or high I will search for new music, If I enjoy it sober I keep it.

was B for the past 6 months or so. now i have internet again so, im A for now.
In the past i'll go A for a while and when i find enough new stuff i really like i'll go B with it for a while until i get bored again.

always B
never A

>tfw listening to In Rainbows right now
I feel you my mans

What was it?

each line is an album and then the height is days between listens. so the line being at the very top means I listened to it more than once in a day and then lower is 1 day and so on. I usually just sorta get into heavy consumption with an album for a short period of time before it sinks down into the mess of stuff I listen to once a month or less, though some stuff hangs in the 10-30 day range for a while.

Generally B but I do add something new to the rotation often enough

C I suppose. I open up a bunch of albums I've been meaning to listen to, or simply pick a few on a whim, and rotate between those until I get a set of concrete thoughts on how I feel about it. Pic related. When I know how I feel about it, I either upload it to youtube or put it in a sharethread, close that folder and open another.

B

I have a few albums I absolutely love and when I try to listen to new stuff I just keep thinking how I'd rather be listening to the stuff I normally listen to.

>listening to albums more than once

do you also eat your food again after you poop it out?

what the fuck does this mean reddit man

I was A, now I'm B and I'm stuck.

Used to be the second one, now I'm kinda inbetween cuz i have a whole playlist of bands I listen to on shuffle and not just a couple albums.