>Wanting to take BIO 1407
>Tells me I can't take it because I didn't make a C in 1406
>Explain to her that they gave me credit for the D
>pic related
>"We're sorry, the system makes errors sometimes"
>Look her dead in the eye
>"Pretty big mistake, isn't it?"
>Yeah, but you're going to have to re-take it
>Explain to her that a system error is not my responsibility, and that I shouldn't have to re-take it.
>weresorry.jpg
>leave
>Parents are pissed
>Call up registrar's office
>Tell guy in charge what I'm facing
>Makes some phone-calls for me
>Tells me that only my 3000 and 4000 level courses are the only ones I needed a C for.
>Buuuuuut....
>1406 is a prerequisite, so you can ask the head of the bio department if they can override it.

>Fuck

Wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

catalog.lamar.edu/undergraduate-admissions/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At my old Uni, you needed a C or higher for prerequisite classes to get into th class...they will make you repeat it

Try harder retard a D is fucking failing

Seriously, you're in a freshman level bio class.

well, apart from the problems that not only did you have to take remedial biology, but you failed it, and thus really SHOULDN'T... if you want an override just keep escalating. the most likely to give the override in my experience is the professor of the class you want to take.

It's Biology for majors.
First section we went over was advanced chemistry, and I'm no good at science.

Who are you to judge anyway?

if you even have to take that course in college, it's the wrong major for you

I didn't take remedial Bio, nor will they make me.

A shit ton of majors take it in college, regardless of what the field is.
Chemical engineers, geologists, even pre-med students.

Stop being so stupid

oh see you're confused.

general bio 1 and 2 *is* remedial biology (is there lowered number general bio courses?)

if you're taking it, it's because you didn't do it in high school (AP/IB/DC)

no u

It's not gen bio, it's for Majors.

You fucked up, most places want a C or higher for prereq, don't look to us for sympathy

How the fuck did you even get a D in basic BIO

Try harder next time faggot, and stop blaming others for your mistakes because your not going to get anywhere like that.

Uhh, no. D's are considered passing in some courses. In high school curriculum a D is failing, in college, in some general courses and electives, its passing.

yes and a bio MAJOR who didn't do basic bio in HS is in an even worse position. kinda my point here.

It's not basic bio, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Second, I'm blaming their system. I didn't put in the numbers, nor was I informed of anything.
Blow your fucking head off.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You fucking idiot

I took bio in Highschool.

How's that GED working for you there?

Not a bio major though, left that part out.

not him, but how is a 1x level "general biology" course not basic bio?

then you failed it once already if you're retaking it in college.

or took the stupid classes and you're just stupid, so definitely shouldn't be trying to override a non-credited D

It's great. I actually pass my classes. :^]

OP is a dumbfuck and can't even understand the answers given to him LOL.

>D is passing

Fucking degenerate.

Yet you've never taken a step on a college campus and you never will.

Whatever makes you feel better. :^]

>hurr durr OP iz dum cuz' D izn't paccing were I life

Such stupidity is revolting..

I'd be a little less worried about him and a little more worried that not only did you not take first year bio in highschool (or took the 'bio for idiots' one), you're failing a 1x course on it in college.

Refer to I asked the professor and he told me that I should have taken general BIO if I wasn't good at it.

>wat

My advisor explained how it was necessary for my degree and that I had to take it.

I didn't fail my freshman level bio course in highschool, nor am I stupid for not being proficient in advanced BIO.

>lol u failed it in highschool so that means they'll put u in a class thats hard as fuck

Literally no sense came out of your entire reply.

You should have taken the easier one first, you dumb cunt.
Grow a fucking spine and use your goddamned brain. Stop looking to others to help you all of the fucking time.

I took bio my freshman year of highschool, are you not paying attention to the thread? That isn't even how shit works.

I had no option. Once again, think before you post.
Kids like you shouldn't be on mommy's computer this late. Go to bed.

>It's not basic bio, you have no idea what you're talking about.
"General Biology"
"BIOL 1406"

Lol is this guy serious?

also nice 1.93 gpa this semester with a 2.26 overall, you better get your shit together before you get kicked out bro

well, no, you didn't go over "advanced" chemistry in a 1000 level bio course, since they don't even cover that in 1000 level chemistry courses.

but if a bio course for bio majors is required, you're almost certainly still a science major, and still took bio for idiots in HS and somehow failed the remedial bio in college.

Then, like my alternate, you took 'bio for idiots'

It sounds like you're so stupid you don't even realize what HS courses i'm talking about and why that matters.

>Once again, think before you post.
>First time responding to me.
You absolutely had an option. I've always decided what classes I take in college, because I'm not retarded.
Go to school kid, you need it.

Quit trying to blame away your failures. You needed a "C", and you got under it; ergo you failed the one and only course you were taking.
Your parents are pissed because you are doing it on their dime and taking it for granted. You're an entitled brat and the epitome of what is wrong with our generation.

Thanks for leaving out the part where it says (MAJORS), you dumbshit.

Two different courses:
General Biology (Majors)
and General Biology (non-majors)

The one for majors is a fuck ton harder. Please, try to read what you're saying before you continue shitposting.

Uhh, yes, it was. You legit have no clue how my university works.
Your reply is empty and baseless.

Let me spell it out for your dumb ass.

If you had taken, and passed, AP, IB, or DC biology in highschool, you wouldn't be taking it in college. Since you didn't test out, you must have failed or taken non-AP/IB/DC biology ('biology for idiots')
So despite now taking essentially the same thing twice, you're still failing.

mmmk?

>blame away
>system error on the university's part

Pick one.

Link to your university's AP/IB credit information page then and prove me wrong.

What the fuck do you hope to get out of this thread? You're fucked. No one can change that.
Now were just fucking with you because you're an easily offended idiot.

Google is your best friend.

>Freshman HS class =/= College Freshman class

Thanks for trying.

Lol k
Let me pull up the syllabus

Okay, everyone, since you're shitting on this poor retard, I'd like to say something.
No, I'm not OP, first of all. I actually pass my classes.
Secondly, at my university, the most basic bio class for anyone, and required for nonmajors, is 101 and is called Biological concepts. It doesn't go into great detail about anything at all.
The most basic, aside from 101, for bio majors is 115. This course goes into greater detail about cells, proteins, suppressors, enhancers, and general chemical structures.
As much as I dislike coming to the defense of OP, he's right.
He's still retarded, though.

well shit i found it for you

catalog.lamar.edu/undergraduate-admissions/index.html

Looks like 1406 and 1407 are explicitly mentioned, idiot

Holy fuck lol i go to lamar uni as well

AP Biology 3 8 BIOL 1406 1407

Ask the head of the bio department to override

Can confirm, AP high school courses are basic college courses for majors.

No one claimed that, bud.

see but i'm shitting on him for not getting exempted from his stupid college bio class for not simply testing out of it

>hurr durr he's not good in one specific field of education so he stoopid

I'm loving the butthurt.

I'm a senior about to graduate with a biology degree. Yeah Biology for majors was tough, but it weeded the kids out. Started out with 450 kids, dropped to 200. I suggest you change your major.

>re-taking the same thing
>no one claimed that

Can you not read?

and fuck, you got it even easier at this shit tier college. only had to get a 3

i had to get a 5 to get out of all first year bio (which i did, because i'm not a moron), but i went to a much higher tier uni

I asked what majors I could change to and all of them required it.

I'm not changing my degree over one course.

Yes, hello, OP.
I'm glad you think I'm butthurt. You're the only one fuming, OP, and I love it.
Try harder in your class next time, okay, sweetie? :^]

Refer to Eat shit.

No one claimed that.

you're wrong. biology for majors covers the AP version of bio in high school. not general high school bio

You should only do biology if you really enjoy it.
That's my advice, at least.
If not, enjoy wasting a few thousand more dollars on a failed degree.

Only someone with an IQ of less than 100 would try to fault someone's overall intelligence for the lacking of one area of knowledge.

You need to kill yourself.

Ahahahaha, butthurt faggot.

see bio for majors wouldn't be a req. for a non-science major

still confused i see.
i'm calling general, non-AP bio, 'bio for idiots'

so no, i'm not wrong.

>Waaaahhh, waaaaaahhhh
>Someone on the internet called me dumb, so I'll tell them to kill themselves.
>Waaaah!! waaaahhh
Ahahahaha

>Since you didn't test out, you must have failed or taken non-AP/IB/DC biology ('biology for idiots')
So despite now taking essentially the same thing twice, you're still failing.

I might not have passed Bio but fuck me dude, you didn't pass basic reading comprehension.

Nigger, I could sleep through every lecture and still get a B at fucking Lamar. It's like flunking out at DeVry.

No wonder you're failing if you think I'm the one having comprehension trouble here.

it only gets tougher man. you're gonna be in a world of hurt when you start taking o chem, anatomy and physiology, biochem, etc.

learn how to study if you wanna stick with it. high school was easy as fuck, but i actually had to study once i got to college, you need to as well.

>hurr durr some one not gud at byeology he dum, he stoopid, he wetawded

Aahahahahaha

What was your degree in again user? What university did you go to?

No one claimed that.
I did ride a short bus for a while, though.
I was in court for some dumb shit and it was a step before juvenile hall, for whatever that's worth.
We had school during the summer and that was the only bus that ran.
Also, threw out my back laughing when I saw your picture. thenks kunt

Thanks for showing your arse even though you still were proven wrong.

OP, you need to stop making a fool out of yourself. It really isn't flattering.

yeah user, im the guy from before whose about to graduate with the bio degree, but i'm going to med school, you're not going to get dick with a biology degree if you don't go to grad school. if you don't enjoy bio, don't do it

I was proven right actually, Lamar does exempt someone who passed AP Bio with a 3 or better from BIOL 1406 and 1407
The only way I would have been wrong is if that was not true.

You seriously think I didn't try?

Come on man, I'm not asking for sympathy. All I presented was an error in the system, then I get swamped for literally no reason.

It's a fucked situation.

how many classes do you fuckers have available to take? my school only uses 3 digit codes for their classes

Your ignorance is already doing that for you.

Man, I love me some dick.

Do what you love, fools. It is a great deal easier if you do.

this wouldn't be a problem if you had actually gotten a C in the class

>Not a bio major.
Could have sworn I've said that already.

>What university did you go to?
Bitch, you go to Lamar, that's a step above a community college for prison inmates.
If you fail a course there, you shouldn't be allowed to work at McDonalds.

>Desperately clinging on to minor successes.
>Fails basic biology course.
>Lashes out at other people.
>Thinks it isn't his fault.

>Never set foot on a college campus
>Get on /b
>hurr durr you shouldn't be allowed to work at a McDonald's for not being able to pass a college BIO class

this.

and this.

since i sincerely doubt bio for majors is a requirement for a non-science major, you're FUCKED if you're failing it, didn't test out of it, AND took bio for idiots instead of AP Bio in HS

3000+ level will eat your ass alive.

>hurrdurr ur a raytart bcuz u lak nolij in a spusific area durr hurr

Go to bed, kid.

>minor successes
>not a basic bio course
>gets shit for no reason
(hurr durr ur mad because we talked shit first)
>System error constitutes fault on OP

My autism meter broke

wtf are you talking about? OP is the one who failed, i'm the one calling him a moron for failing/taking non-AP bio

I'd like a citation for them never being on a college campus, OP.
Also, you claimed earlier that being ignorant in one area doesn't make you stupid.
I would think you were intelligent enough to realize that you don't have to go to college to be intelligent.

Thanks for actually proving my point.

How's 6th grade, Brayden?

Stop referring to yourself in the third person, OP.
It's rather disconcerting.

>Thank you for proving my point by doing the exact same thing I was doing a few minutes ago.
GOTEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

They have no idea how a BIO course works, I can smell the prepubescence from my side of the screen.

Yeah, dude, I don't smell children enough to know what that smells like.
Maybe keep that to yourself.

Look at you go.