This was a decent action movie

>This was a decent action movie

>It gave everything the trailers promised and more

>The characters were far from flat

>Final fight with enchantress in rain looked great

>The mediocre parts were still better than most mediocre Marvel movies

>Movie kept giving pure entertainment value until the end

What the fuck is going on? Are most people really that resistant to anything that isn't braindead entertainment? WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/VjbQQNi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Between Harley and Enchantress, this movie had some decent fap material though.

Still waiting on a webm of Enchantress doing her sexy dance in front of the giant blue magic laser thing.

Why would you even post in Sup Forums if you enjoy movies?

Not jerking off to Amanda Waller.

>Ultrafaggot

>Bringing up Marvel in your review

You almost had it lad

I'm deranged. Once will Smith asked me for sugar for his coffee, I gave him salt instead.

What a madman.

I have no understanding of what enchantress was trying to do

she had her brother back. why was she still there?

> tumblr reaction fag

> marvel drone

Why are SJW invaiding our board ?

Both Margot and Cara are flat as fucking boards, what fap material was there?

Internet is filled with marvel drones and paid shills who will hate on everything DC-related.

Not even a Marvel gay but bringing up Marvel in your review shows your insecurities

SS is a fine popcorn film

No need to bring brand into it

To take over the planet with magic lazors and shit. They actually messed up here. I was expecting enchantress to succeed in the end, opening a magical rift to another dimension, letting in a lot of bad magical enemies for future movies. It would have been the perfect setup for Del Toro's Justice League Dark movie.

Kill yourself if you unironically hold this opinion.

I'm willing to believe that you're right, but Hollywood magic did wonders for them.

Also, part of it is just their behavior:
>Harley Quinn trying to seduce that guard at the beginning
>Enchantress going full goddess mode, dancing for magical purposes, kissing lowly humans to transform them into her slaves

Also, Harley had an obvious gap and that drives me crazy. It might have only been there via Hollywood magic, but still.

But brand seems to be the only factor that matters. Why else does SS get shit on? Tell me why?

Well yeah it does. B v S getting thrased by the critics, understandable it's nowhere near a marvel

Re shoot, pander to Marveldrone with much quips

The movie get thrashed again

That's where you can see there is an unfair reviewing

You know the thigh gap is driving a lot of women to anorexia

I think rape and manipulation is sexy.

Do you think some cases of severe anorexia are going to make me not like thigh gaps?

You almost had it

What should I have said instead?

It could have been a lot better but it was still a thousand times more interesting than Marvel Quip Flick nr 8957.

I swear the trailers promised me color and here I am watching one of the most literally dark movies out there.

>Yes, even comic-book franchises promote ideology. This may come as a shock to consumers still stuck on the idea that Hollywood wants to entertain more than indoctrinate. Even normally sophisticated folks who are unschooled in recognizing hegemony or realizing how the culture system functions today prove susceptible to the lure of apparently innocuous entertainment. They hold onto adolescent consumerist gullibility, and this is the ideology that Suicide Squad’s producer, Zack Snyder, is up against.

>If DC is the conservative comic-book universe to Marvel’s pseudo-progressivism, it couldn’t be more unpopular among kids who enjoyed the ludicrous platitudes of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

>They both (Snyder and Ayer) approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral.

>Think metaphorically again, and see that Suicide Squad entangles post-Vietnam and post-9/11 notions about heroism and citizenship. Deadshot does the right, patriotic thing, yet compliments Waller, his treacherous superior, saying, “That’s gangsta!” This use of hip-hop cynicism speaks more directly to modern confused ethics than most lines from other movies and most politicians. Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen for millennial viewers (and voters), who think their patriotic moral conflict is new.

gay

based white deliver again

horrible pacing and nonsensical editing

How was this not braindead?

He liked:

>Grown Ups
>Jonah Hex
>G.I. Joe
>G.I. Joe 2
>Battle: Los Angeles
>The Green Hornet
>Clash of the Titans
>Indiana Jones 4
>Transformers 2
>Death Race
>Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
>I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
>Takers
>Taken
>Transporter 3
>Resident Evil: Afterlife
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

He disliked:
>The Tree of Life
>There Will Be Blood
>Black Swan
>The Social Network
>Tangled
>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>The Road
>The King's Speech
>Synecdoche, New York
>Transformers
>Toy Story 3
>Eastern Promises
>Stardust
>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
>Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
>Tales from the Golden Age
>Let Me In
>All Marvel movies
>The Dark Knight
>Mother
>The Hurt Locker
>Blue Valentine
>Up
>Hellboy 2

He also compared Hannah to Kick-Ass because they both have a young female character, thinks I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry is a modern classic, thinks Live Free or Die Hard is the best Die Hard, compared The Road to Resident Evil, thinks Clash of the Titans is better than the LOTR Trilogy, prefers Transformers 2 to Transformers, and thinks CJ7 is deeper and more profound than There Will Be Blood.

If I am honest as an outsider to the brand wars I enjoy both companies films.

Marvel is a bit more enjoyable because it has become an immersive universe.

So a non comic reader movie dan like me can enjoy IM3 because I have invested interest in the characters

SS and BvS rely on you being familiar with the lead hero's which is why fans love it but critics hate it.

Lets also be honest Marvel films go down like a margarita compared to DC more whiskey on the rocks approach.

Critics aren't people user. They are barely human. Its like that 2/3rds of a man stuff from post-slavery.

Yeah, despite that, it was still a really entertaining movie.

I really need to read his review of Stardust and do you know if he wrote anything on Wrath of the Titans?

>these are 10/10 in the DC universe

I agree, but that doesn't make it good.

OP here. I fucking hate comic books. And still I loved the DC movies more.

I fucking hate her so much.

I've been meaning to ask this. Now that SS has been out for a couple days, what do people think about it on its own terms? Fun? Entertaining? I'm looking for fucking Citizen Kane here, I just want some fun and thrills.

>Pure entertainment

Fuck me

I wish I wasn't into traps

I can see arguments for a lot of that stuff. Black Swan was exploitative, Social Network had the annoying performance from BvS except without all the good stuff literally only good thing about it was the soundtrack.
The Kings Speech could bore a dog.
Toy Story 3 is now widely regarded as a horrible movie, manipulative and without any of the charm of the first two. He was right on this way before anyone.
Stardust - tripezilla
Jesse James... well hes a black guy he has his limits on watching white people talk for 3.5 hours
Hellboy is a really niche series, most people don't like it anyway.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm NOT looking for Citizen Kane here, excuse me

???

But that's Nolan faggot? He can make a movie about paint drying and still he'd get a 99%.

People just want to hate the DCU

That was long before critics started to enjoy the 100-quips-per-minute, more-comedy-than-cape movies with an ensemble cast that can't stop making sarcastic jokes. Edgy and serious is deeply disliked by them since Avengers and Guardians.

Maybe not a 10, but i would fuck her every day.

Fuck you for disagreeing with me.

You me, dance off, now!

I liked it. Enchantress' bro as main antagonist and obligatory laser beam to the sky was lame but other than that pretty good. Joker was excellent, Harley was cute, Boomer was funny, operator Deadshot was dope, Croc was awesome. Waller was brutal, Batman cameos were nice.

Came out the same year as Avengers. So no. Checked

Because it's mismanaged and poorly implemented?

If i liked Ant-man will i like this?

it has its problems but is overall enjoyable

the flaws being that some of the characters are underutilized, the villain is a little uninspired, and a bit too much music. sure the editing pacing can be weird but its not horrible as some of the hyperbolic fucks on this website will tell you

otherwise its overall enjoyable and a fun watch

Batman cameos felt out of place, and didnt fit with the batman in BvS.

Why would Batman endanger Deadshots daughter?

Why did Batman save Harley from drowning when he is a serial killer?

Why did batman have difficulty aprehending joker when he is a monstrous badass in BvS?

Why is she popular on Sup Forums??

/tv will get try to get their hands ony anything female. Its sad really.

Then disregard Avengers. Guardians still stands.

Not sure these are valid or important criticism, really seems like autistic parsing.

Batman had a chance to takedown a mass murderer and took it. Assumed he wouldnt harm his own daughter and was correct.

He's not le serial killer, memester.

Because the Joker is literally insane and unpredictable and willing to use Harley as leverage. If not for her, Bats could have probably caught up w/ Joker.

>Turn out the lights

Which Slav wrote this?

That didn't change all expectations for Capeshit.

Stop using it as a boogeyman.

>I have more curves then this woman
>I'm a male

Whelp maybe its time to rethink my life now.

Well they're idiots. The best way to cultivate a thigh gap is through a healthy diet and mixed aerobic/anaerobic regime.

If you simply starve yourself then yes you will have a gap but you will also look like a grotesque skeleton. Don't blame men's enjoyment of a healthy and athletic physique with women's innate stupidity.

>Batman had a chance to takedown a mass murderer and took it. Assumed he wouldnt harm his own daughter and was correct.

Batman even in Snyder style wouldnt take that risk and wait till deadshot was alone, made no sense at all.

And he is a mass murderer, blowing up cars like crazy in BvS. He doesn't mind killing bad guys, so why did he bother saving Harley?

Batman in SS acted like traditional batman in earlier formats, he acts in no way like BvS batman. Poor writing in general.

Good, that's mainly what I'm concerned with when I go watch cape stuff. I'm looking for fun, excitement, and action. This isn't fucking Shakespeare. Sure, anything more sophisticated is gravy, but is by no means necessary for it to satisfy me.

>new capeshit rolls around
>like certain kind of capeshit
>it's not that kind
>it's actually the opposite of the capeshit that i like
>it's an affront to the genre and also super duper racist, sexist and full of dude bros 0/10

>Poor writing in general

No, it's not, just because it doesnt fit your head cannon.

Deadshot exposed himself, Batman was there to get 'em. It worked.

He's not a mass murderer, again this is a meme. If he's pursuing a WMD and getting shot at, he might shoot back to literally save the world.

It wasnt a bad movie.

The only part that really bothered me was toward the end when Flagg is shooting two pistols at the same time, the are automatic pistols, when the are clearly 9 round magazine semi-automatics. My brother and I both laughed at that moment, becasue it was too obscene, even for a comic book movie.

doesn't work like that.

>This was a decent action movie
Decent being the key word here. Nothing close to better than that
Eh, it gave what the trailers promise. But the trailers are supposed to be a teaser that something bigger is in this movie and there was goddamn nothing more
Yeah, shame they were spread so thinly across the movie and the most interesting ones (Diablo and Boomerang imho) had little time/attention
>Final fight with enchantress in rain looked great
Look I want to love the Enchantress of the Boreal Valley fight but holy fuck you can barely tell what's going on with all the shitty fast editing and rain + magic mist blocking everything.
Yeah, fair
>Movie kept giving pure entertainment value until the end
This, but something being entertaining doesn't make it good. The trailers were pretty damn great but the movie spent its entire first half as an extended trailer for a mediocre second half. It might've been "fun" but a goddamn mess

Prove me wrong, faggot.

Wait I thought this was a tv show that'd come to netflix

Wow they really fucking failed on the advertising

movie is not out here, but 1 question: Does Batman do some cool shit?

I liked BvS UC more.

Prove yourself right, you're just speculating.

he swims with the fishes with his bat mask on

That's on you, man, wtf.

Yes. Only a couple to few mins, but a few classic moments.

>Why are SJW invaiding our board ?

Are you stepping up? Are you implying you're Sup Forums?

I could really go for some pleb curbstomping so say yes

>this is a 10/10 in """""""""""""""""""""great"""""" Britain

So is this really what we are now? I use to think the "Sup Forums loves shit DC movies" thing was a troll, a meme at best, but we really are doubling down on liking them and acting as if they're deep and nuanced.

Prove me wrong, faggot.

>deep and nuanced.

Strawman, is that you? You absolute mad man.

He rapes Harley.

>"Sup Forums loves shit DC movies" thing was a troll, a meme at
Why would you think it was a joke? Authentic Sup Forums would never praise capeshit

There were a ton of "BvS is hidden kino" threads until SS came out. Not a strawman.

see

>Authentic Sup Forums would never praise capeshit

>He separates so called high and low culture, can't appreciate the merits of both

You've got some growing up to do.

He literally directly replied to that post.

He's also wrong.

Who gives a fuck if a movie is deep and nuanced? What if i'm just looking for a fun over-the-top action movie? Not every movie has to be Black Swan or Irreversible.

I don't get the image. It wasn't the first time batman and superman appeared together. And I can't find good marvel movies apart from Deadpool. It's all retarded shit for teenagers.

Thought you were referring specifically to SS. Which isnt deep or nuanced, just a pretty decent action flick. BvS however is painterly, and has some depth to it, yes. Modern mythos. At least more than most capeshit including MArvel's cell phone commercial tier tentpoles.

is it life or death to you if people like marvel or dc more than the other

these constant threads feel so defensive and obnoxious

Sup Forums and Sup Forums are trapped in the coke vs pepsi mentality for goddamn everything. every single thing has to be about taking sides

>its a low no taste pleb pretending to care about cinema and low movies
Adorable. What do you think of the films in my image? They were all released recently.

What's that? You haven't seen any of them? Well isn't that a shocker. Now settle down and try to refrain from thinking anybody on this board gives a slightest fuck of what a plebeian like you thinks of an artistic medium.

>File: VjbQQNi.png (367 KB, 615x333)
>imgur.com/VjbQQNi
why is it always r*dditors lads?

Suicide squad is a hacked together piece of shit. And it is ripping marvel off shamelessly.

Man of Steel came out before guardians.

Oh god, you're serious. Screencapping this for posterity, or when I need a good laugh. You're doing great! A true patrician indeed.

It's a movie about costumed characters fighting a villain that creates a portal in the sky that brings hundreds of GCI cannon fodder the heroes can kill with no moral repercussions and lots of destruction in a city.

Literally Avengers 1 but with "le bad guys XD" that looked like they were going to the Gathering of the Juggalos.

Same with Sup Forums. If you don't suck Trump's dick all day every day, you're a Jew, a shill, a non-white, a degenerate and/or a traitor.

It's almost as if... critics are retarded