Am I missing something or is this overrated shit?

Am I missing something or is this overrated shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VDMf9m7FXd4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

be more specific, fuckface

yes you're missing good taste

Its just a sports drama with a brass section.

It is overrated.

The only good thing about this piece of shit movie is JK Simmons.

Its overrated dogshit. I don't get why all these other inferiors think that this insolent drum flick is good in any way shape or form.

Fuck you

>overrated
underrated
Here we go, fixed it for you buddy.

It's great.

JK Simmons is the best part, but the rest is also great.

Do you enjoy jazz? In that case you're missing out.

Well put senpai

what sports drama has the protag's coach as the villain?

one of the best movies of 2016

With great acting and a moral conflict. And an overall intensity.

The movie has fuck all to do with Jazz. Even so, it doesn't sound like you know much Jazz if you think the point of it is to be human metronome.

it's a reddit sponsored self help movie

>2016
retard

except he loses in the end..

It's overrated but it's not shit

Now go fuck yourself ya big dummy

Are you guys hyped for the director's next movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=VDMf9m7FXd4

It looks great, but also looks like the ultimate >tfw no gf movie and it will inevitably make me depressed as fuck

I fucking loved this movie

/thread

>jazz
>white people

don't be such a cuck

OP you dumb\baiting shit. Everyone who watched it thought it was incredible. There isn't a boring second.

should have called it : Wojack, or (that crushing feel when no frog gf)

>Emma Stone
Dropped

>buddy rich
>not white

>Do you enjoy jazz?

Everyone claiming to like jazz is a pretentious snob. I am not rightwing btw

Whiplash is shit and I guarantee that you have a warped perspective on life if you liked it.
There's no moral conflict because there's nothing at stake besides the main character's dumb obsession with making his snare roll faster.

>He can't relate to the problem "Becoming the best but at what cost"

Spoken like a no potential loser.

It's definitely overrated, Reddit literally has this on there top 10 of all time films list.

Was a fun movie though, wasn't bad. Sort of stupid though.

>Guaranteeing an anonymous persons perspective on life based a movie they enjoyed

I think if anyone's got a warped way of looking at things I think its you.
Also, the movie is genuinely good, not amazing but much better than most shit that gets put out and praised at the moment and because this is widely agreed upon Sup Forums obviously disagree.

you sound like you've never seen sport movies from the 70-80-90s and this was your first

We all saw the super intelligent sports movie comment above, which was well executed and you deserve an applause you really do, but come on don't force it.

Is that not Foxcatcher?

Raging Bull

DUDE HIT THE DRUMS FAST LMAO

Rocky

I love movies about musicians in particular, music is a great subject for movies, and I play music myself

This was a great movie with a really meaningful premise

Sup Forums is full of plebs who hate movies because "they can't relate to the main character" and no one here can relate to being passionate, dedicated or successful.

>no one here can relate to being passionate, dedicated or successful

no shit. Have you taken a look outside your window you ambitious prick?

It's a seemingly OK film which is overall competent but not brilliant. It is predictable in plot, structurally though sound it is uninspired and derivative, but the film does not suffer from it too much because the performances save it Unfortunately, it is definitely a film that is overrated by normies who lack taste and who have never seen a good film in their lives. It's adored by the type of people who think Orson Welles is overrated, though who have never seen Citizen Kane, and who like to think they have better taste than the average movie-goer. It's by no means pretentious hipster garbage but it has caused people (normies) to treat it as such under the veneer that they have good taste in cinema, when really there is nothing noteworthy about the film or reason for it be heralded as nothing but just OK.

Successful at what? Developing an unhealthy fixation on becoming a "Jazz Legend" (almost all of whom died from a combination of self inflicted misery and drug addiction)? Giving up everything that meant anything to him just to get a pat on the back from a violent psychopath? Teller's not just a cuck, he's a stupid cuck.

yeah, and he didn't even do it for himself

This
I couldn't help but think that I was watching Rocky or Karate Kid pretending to be what it's not

Is it just me or did all of the jazz in this film suck?

wtf i hate jazz now

This entire file revolves around that one line
>No wonder jazz is dying

You can't even conceive the size and mass of the fuck I don't give about jazz.

On the other hand, good acting I guess.