At what age did you become an atheist?

At what age did you become an atheist?

Sometime around early teenage years. Grew out of it in late teens.

More like what age I grew out of it

15-16 something

N/A

I was born rational

Never cared about organized religion. Seems silly. Not giving a fuck must be called agnosticism.

>not born unreligious
East Germany stronk.

I was always an atheist.

Age 7, after I didn't wake up with a new bike and a playstation even though I prayed to get them the night before

I didn't. I stopped practicing though when I was 10.

My dad has always been an atheist
Mom is a devout christian.

Mom tried to raise me as one
But dad undermined it, telling me in secret to play along with my moms bullshit, the cultist parties and such I'll have later will get me presents, and mom thinks she won.

And when it came to it, I always sought "facts and practicalities" from my dad, and emotional support from my mom. So I believed my dad 100% when he said that religion is bullshit.

I cant remember a time I believed in a god.

>inb4 kids RP-ing conservative christians without ever having opened a bible show up

I never learned to be religious. Repeated some rites as a small child but did not understand their significance.

samee

Never been religious.

>le "being an atheist is rational" meme

Everytime. Do you seriously not get that devout BELIEF that there are no god-like entities imperceptible to human senses is the same as devout BELIEF to the contrary?

>STD ANS #1
Lack of beliefs is not a belief.

Russel's teapot lad.

That's not how empirical investigation works. Existence has to be proven, not lack thereof.

what happens in northeastern Bavaria?

0. The concept of religion is foreign to me.

All of Bavaria used to look like that, but those are the most rural, disconnected regions that are taking the longest to catch up with secular views. All other parts of Bavaria have had some degree of connectivity to an economical centre and cultural exchange.

Then, when I growed up, I realized that I'm tantrist-agnostic.

4U

Both gnostic categories are equally retarded.

I just looked at random photos of some places there (for example, the town of Cham), it looks pretty damn comfy 2bh

Like all preople I was born as one.

I grew up in a home where we didn't go to church cause my dad is lazy and my mom hates the clergy but the older I get the more I want to go but don't for they would mock me

12 or earlier.

I haven't gone to church for around 20 years.

Contrary to what you might believe, atheists typically aren't what you are describing.
Though, I can understand why you would think this way if you spend a lot of time on the internet.
There really isn't such a thing as an atheist priest or activist.
Most really just keep to themselves.
After all it is just the LACK of theism, or religion. I've known people for years.
I've gotten to know them. It's so rarely brought up that sometimes I'll know them for 2 years before they even hint that they are an atheist.
I honestly can't tell if this is bait or not.

I became an atheist around age 11, and then I LARPed as a Christian apologist until probably age 16 out of pure contrarianism.

I was never indoctrinated by my parents and when I got familiar with the concept of religion, I couldn't believe it. I've always been an atheist.

>can't even read your own chart

Bavaria actually has some very archaic spots like this shrine of the virgin mary that is still so popular because people speak of apparitions and miracles/good stuff happening to them after they prayed there that they return to leave painted votive tablets in great numbers.
In the south way shrines are actually in use.

Never.

?

All I'm saying is that belief systems are stupid when applied to something that may well exist outside the realm of human observance. Empirics has no place if such an entity does exist outside this realm.

born and raised atheist (I'm Turkish)

but I do believe in a god, just not in religion, I'm just a superstitious lad

The weird thing about religion isn't that people belief there are transcendent entities like gods. Its that they arbitrarily ascribe motives and personalities and demands to them and then act as if they 'had' to perform according to these arbtrirary made up demands.
Its one thing to belief the invisible pink unicorn exists, its a entirely different one to put out a bowl of milk for it every day and not understand when other people find that kind of crazy.

Who is she?

They're an even weirder bunch. Yes, they're retarded too, of course.

By the definition of empiric rationality, the only rational position is the upper left, which is labeled atheist, while you act as if all atheists are in the upper right, which is not the case. That's just something fucked up Americans do.

I wonder if this has any connection with people having some consensus that the world is heading toward a downward spiral.

>Americans only claim there is no god

Good one m8

The fact that this retard internet meme of "agnostic atheism/theism" actually took off is what kills all of my faith in there being a god because this design is clearly not intelligent.
Its such stupid snowflake term when just Agnostic describes it PERFECTLY WELL. A- Gnostic=Without Gnosis aka. Without assumption of secret knowledge (about the existence of gods). A Atheist and Theist are both Gnostic because they claim to have knowledge on the existence of gods. THATS IT. There is no need to invent a bunch of special terms for it until it looks like the Pick Your Gender slider on a Social justice forum.

How do I get back into religion? Is it okay for me to attend church and do all the regular christian things even if I don't really believe in it?

>something that may well exist outside the realm of human observance
That's a very easy way out.

Sorry it's not efficient enough for you Hans

>being godless heathens

I think this weakens your cultures

"""cultures""" that is

Anti-theism and other such fedoraisms is indeed mostly widespread among Americans, probably as a counter-reaction and counterpart to the retarded evangelicals.

16 I think
Had some problems with my family afterwards though

based Bayern

No. You'll be a sacrilegist. But why christianity? You have Internet, there's plenty of religions to choose from and learn.

That's the stipulation that has been made for a long time.

Of course many Christians for example believe the testimonials in the bible about there being observable acts of god (e.g. god directly interacting with Moses)

As a wise woman said

"I stood for nothing so I fell for everything"

This is the tumor that rots the west

I believe in the message of christianity and in the good it does for the people who believe in it but cannot bring myself to actually believe in it.

No, Historically all religious just have been weakening our cultures, Including your cancerous Christianity.

If it is reactionary then I expect we'll see a rise in Yurop as long as the muzzie fundies are allowed to keep coming in. *tips turban*

I reject the assumption that glorified morality fables are the only thing one could stand for.

As some other woman said:

"Everyone who's right, agrees with me."

Yeah, there was no war in Europe for a long time, especially the religious one. People forgot what kind of shit war is.

14 stopped at 20 when I realised Agnosticism is the only sensible position.

what is your culture but chinese and japanes rape baby

Do you belive that there was a philosopher named Jesus ?

>huuuur duuuuur I'm atheist, check your privileges, white CIS pig xddddd

Agnostic.

12-16 like most people

Never been religious, my parents weren't, so would be a weird thing to pick up

That's the attitude I'll probably never understand, as a natural born believer in something.

Anyway, maybe my last post to you was too radical. Actually the notion of The Church is so wide nowaydays, that maybe even you are included. After all they're preaching that even pagan religion contain some pieces of Truth, bringing people closer to God.

Yes. Chinese(Confucianism), Japanese(Shinto), (You)r religious obviously weakened our culture.

Like 12 or 13. Then I became a believer again

Daily reminder if you broke one of those 10 g-d's rules once, you are going to hell anyways. It's simpler to despise all this prehistoric sandnigger bullshit and live your life with self-explained moral choses.

kek

They devised their own scripture for instance, while you only copied Latin invention and not even added a single ogonek to it. Damn, even Cherokees are smarter than you.

11, back to being religious at 19

*tip*

Naah, that's not what I was preached. You have to sin against The Holy Spirit. For example you can despair that you are doomed with no possibiliy of salvation. Shoo, you agent of Hell.

>most of the fedoras started being fedoras during adolescence

kek, I never needed to feel like a special snowflake so I'm not one.

naturally they would have come up with their own alphabet, it's about time someone in Asia did this

there's no need to add special characters to English, we don't need it, every language in europe apart from some exception uses latin script, why are you even posting an argument as flawed as this.

The only sin that condemns you to hell is suicide, every other one you can confess and absolve

About 10, then reverted back to Christianity at 16.

no different from any other foreign philosophy

you lot seem quite taken with it

Earlier than I remember

Why would you go back to being retarded?

Good goy cuctolic, this is not what Bible says tho.

>look at me everyone Im not a special snowflake

I hit a nerve?

I was born atheist to atheist parents. I can't really comprehend how people can believe in supernatural stuff like talking burning bushes, people walking over water or bread that turns into flesh. Do people really believe this shit to be factual?

Because of ąęćłńóśźż. I think every language in Europe has some sort of such alphabet modifications. And because creativity is what pushes civilization forwards.

Fedoraism has no special snowflake status in W. Europe since a big chunk of adolescents is already irreligious.

What about cheondongism which is basically "korea stronk-the spirits demand it!"

This You're the one being a snowflake

well, teenagers are undeveloped so I wouldn't take them seriously

if you say so, atheists often feel the need to mock people for their beliefs like ''you believe in an imaginary friend xddddd'' and that makes them pretty insufferable

something like 11
then stopped being one at around 21

Well, if you boil it down then religions are nothing but ideologies, ideas at their core and an idea is not inherently worthy of respect. If you choose to follow a dumb shit idea it's your responsibility to back it up or else get ridiculed for it.

>you believe in an imaginary friend xddddd
This kind of """argument""" always makes me a good laugh, because well designed and played psychodrama is good for your sanity.

Yes, I do believe in imaginary friends. So fucking what?

then why are yours so backward?

Nothing wrong with having imaginary friends, though it becomes a huge problem if you let them guide major decisions that affect other people, let alone things like public policy.

>ideas at their core and an idea is not inherently worthy of respect
why not? I don't think the truth is absolute and one is the owner of it while the rest are all wrong

well, if you take it like that it's ok, but I'm tired of atheists being worst than religious people wanting to convince others of their beliefs just because they don't understand what faith is