Why is this album so hated here?

Why is this album so hated here?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/RtoAX
youtube.com/watch?v=jZ9L5g-QbMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Derivative, boring "twinkly" emo that was never as interesting sonically or lyrically as many of their contemporary counterparts such as Algernon Cadwallader/Joie De Vivre/Grown Ups, etc etc.

The Summer We Went West and The Brave Little Abacus are GOAT.

because they said mean and totally problematic things which is strictly forbidden in the emo community

Probably this too. TWIAB are a bunch of pussies.

remember 2011 Sup Forums's emo darling Snowing? they've gone full on antifa along with tons of other bands like them

>they've gone full on antifa
...no

Did they actually?
That's ironic considering one of their songs is literally just whining about un-PC jokes

I like it, got me into emo revival

i hear people were mad they were "viralling" their album here

not sure if true

Only thing worth listening

I liked it if I'm being honest, but at the same time it also feels a bit forced/corny, like most emo revival.

I'll be the Tornado is better.

BLA isnt technically emo but probably the most fascinating band of the early 10s

heh, Dads is terrible. theyre bad people and dont believe in DIY. they played my friends basement twice back in 2011 and once in 2012 and were nothing but disrespectful. It was big news that summer, but as soon as Tawny Peaks s/t dropped no one talked about American Radass any more.

it got milo cyrus on it

>isnt technically emo
Says you. They're experimental sure, but have you heard fucking Capn Jazz?

because that's the first album where John got un-fat and became a total ass to everyone.

Lol I used to play in a twinkle band of course I know Cap'n Jazz. I won't say which but we're from NJ

i'd post some screenshots of their silly shit but i don't want to get banned

I know you know them, I just meant that Capn Jazz were also experimental but are still definitely emo

I understand your point but BLA was always more of a math band and even Adam detested the label emo in the past, mostly because he drew no inspiration from the so called "classic 90s bands" and mostly listened to classic rock and ska. Which again makes the fact that BLA even existed in the first place an unparalleled miracle

algernon was better, algernon is all that matters

nah

Used to be mu core op

please do i don't want to believe it mate

>TWIAB are a bunch of pussies.
what happened?

But they broke up, John Galm went off to do other shit
You mean the former members?

>Joie De Vivre
dads suck but joie de vivre is try-hard.

just do it

>tfw the brave little abacus is from where you live
Such a good feel. Even more so given that all the bands around here all want to sound like superchunk

just look at their social media and their record label's as well

>he doesn't know about Derreck's twitter tirades
It was the biggest thing on here last year. How new are you?

i wish i didn't fuck me, atleast i can still enjoy their music even if they are fucking morons

fucking kek full sjw
imgur.com/a/RtoAX

>the fact that so many people have reacted negatively to questioning authority is a very scary thing
Fucking context denial bullshit... There's a bit of a difference between "questioning authority" and literally saying that all cops should die and none of their friends & family should interact with you

Ten dollars says this is Tyler Burns or someone who knows him

thats horrific.

Heh try again, if you want a clue, I was active in the scene 2011-2014

To be fair at least one of the people in that picture at the bottom is slightly brown. Can't find the second "non-white" amongst the group though

ya he's a jew.

uhhhhhh...Dexter Loos? Nick Levine? Not-Thom-Carney? I'm just rackin for New Jerseyans I vaguely knew who were associated with Tawny Peaks and hated Dads and loved TBLA but that's way more people than I expected

I give up

emo bands resisting the emo tag is trend throughout it's history, it don't mean shit what they say. "Inspirations" don't matter, the only thing that matters is that the ended up making emo.
>Wails like Tim Kinsella
>Pours his heart out like every other emo band
>Math/Post-Hardcore roots like every other emo band
>No they're not emo >:|

I miss Whirr

Context?

Since when did Kinsella wail?

>u
mixing up tim and mike kinsella
emo pleb pls go
youtube.com/watch?v=jZ9L5g-QbMM

same, was it a shot at G.L.O.S.S. that ended up getting them fucked over ultimately? I want to say it was that band and then they seemingly got shit from everywhere.

I would consider myself a kind of liberal guy but I hate people can't take shit like that without making a riot. Even though a lot of people in here don't like Whirr, I was pretty bummed when they stopped making music, Distressor is one of my fav albums, and even though their last album wasn't that good I still liked it

Yeah, it was G.L.O.S.S. Take shots at all the bands you want, but as soon as it's an LGBT band, it's game over.

>Last night, the Bay Area band Whirr posted a series of negative tweets about G.L.O.S.S., a punk band whose lead singer is a transgender woman. (The tweets have since been deleted, but an archive can be found at Stereogum.) Among other things, they tweeted, "g.l.o.s.s. Is just a bunch of boys running around in panties making shitty music," and compared G.L.O.S.S. to the Buffalo Bill character from The Silence of The Lambs.

wtf i love whirr now

>I was pretty bummed when they stopped making music, Distressor is one of my fav albums, and even though their last album wasn't that good I still liked it
same, Distressor is probably in my top 10 off hand and I enjoyed all their work. It's a shame really.

Says Adam himself. Idiot.