Overrated albums thread

Overrated albums thread

*Overhated

Bet you think Never Had No One Ever and Vicar In A Tutu are bad tracks too, contrarian

As a person who genuinely believes Meat is Murder is their best album, this is b8.

agree

Tried listening to it, but I just couldn't see the appeal. Every song just overstayed its welcome.

cannot agree
absolutely
I feel like Purple Rain is the overrated album as far as Prince goes
a bit
no

They aren't bad tracks, but they are the weakest tracks.

reminder that "overrated" is a meme buzzword that people who want to feel special for not liking something use

Every """""""obscure"""""""" album that Sup Forums loves becomes overrate.

Every album is overrated you pleb

Smiths are one of my favorite bands and I agree 100%. Strangeways is a better album; Hatful and Louder Than Bombs are better than any studio album they made.
yep
good album but i agree, not prince's best
This one feels kind of dull at first, but give it a few more shakes. I don't blame anyone for not liking "Birdland" but most of the other tracks are top notch rock and roll. The album is a bit understated at the surface, but the songwriting really is fantastic.
Not at all, if anything it's (slightly) overlooked. This one was also a grower for me, and now it's one of my all time favorites.
I enjoy this album immensely and it has great sentimental value, but I agree, it's not quite a masterpiece. Controversial opinion: I've never cared for Only In Dreams.

1000x this album. Its not bad but it's not nearly the legendary art people hold it up to be. Every drum track sounds the same (except in bloom) and Kurt cobain isn't talented, he just screams a lot.

only mediocre track is Holiday so you're wrong

its only so hyped because its brand new. id say in two years it will be adequately rated

Yes.
It's a good album, and it's underrated at least compared to Pinkerton. But Weezer in general is overrated.
Yes.

No. This album is fucking god tier

This. It seems like everyone is just looking at the concept and immediately calling it another instant classic kdot album. How can people even let songs like LOVE slide?

I don't think this is bad, but since it overshadows Sung Tongs and it was initially considered a solid 10 by a lot makes it pretty overrated. I won't lie though, I can definitely get lost if I put this on.

I wouldn't say so. Maybe a little?

Nah this is more iconic than overrated

Best Smiths album so no.

Best Kendrick album so no.

Best Wire Album so no.

2nd best Weezer album so no.

Yeah kinda. Still their best album.

Maybe a little, but still their 2nd best album.

2nd best Beatles album so no.

Shit thread.

Finally, an album that's actually notably overrated. In fact, it's the most overrated album of all time.

T H I S

This

but only on mu

>not in utero
>not bleach

N O

yes, their first one is the best one
meh
yes
kinda, yes, no and hell no
nope

( Y O U )

>The singer is just screamingg!!1
This is a facebook tier bad kind of comment...
Also,
>Not recognising Nirvana as anything but pure patrician
wew

no
yes
jesus christ yes
yes and no. I'll go through phases where it's just alright and then other times I/ll listen to it on repeat for three consecutive days. Does that mean it's high art?
kys

agreed. What's up with the weenposting on mu?

Yah.

Nah.

Yes.

Yes.

Probably deserves the praise it gets, so no.

Nah. You literally do not understand the impact that it had on music

I never said anything about Its impact on music, I'm fully aware of the impact, but I judge my albums based on the music in them alone, which I think was a bit lacking. They may have made an impact but most of the bands they inspired did better than them

I just meant his excuse for """""singing""""" Is just a growl. Every other grunge singer has some real singing talent outside of rasp. Chris Cornell had a fantastic vocal range and could project louder than any other, even at his highest notes. Layne
Staley had a haunting voice that complimented the somber subject matter behind his music. Kurt can sing, but he's just not that good at it without copping out to the scratchy voice thing

Personally I liked In Utero much more, it was less bland and it had more personality

pleb detected

I really don't like anything nirvana did and would never actively seek-out listening to tracks but can appreciate their impact.

That being said, the closer to the center the more cancer you get from music directly influenced by them.

Ok, it's influential and all that, but as far as the music goes, this is a 7/10 on a happy mood. I'd say it's overrated.

most of its popularity comes from the cover
nah
totally agree
masterpiece, but a little overrated as well
i like Closer better
no user, but WL/WH is better in my opinion

I still can't go a day at work without hearing about this overrated pain in the ears.

Please don't post my favorite album, please.

sorry user but its true just accept it

Sorry mate

How can the best album of all time be overrated?

absolutely agree

Live in New York was better than any of their studio albums by a giant margin.

I've never seen this one praised all that much. Its a pretty good album, but nothing amazing.

No

I thought this was overrated too, but I listen to it and realize it deserves the praise it gets

these deserve every bit of praise they get

Ive only ever hear people shit on this album. Except for a few first week music reviews most people have given this album a 5-7 rating, which it deserves

This album has some good songs on it but most of them are forgettable. L.A. Woman is much better. Of course this is purely my personal opinion.

>best Kendrick album
even if true still overrated. His best album is a 3/10.

no shit

Fuck man, i gave up on dating a girl because she was obsessed with this album.

Yes
Absolutely
Yes
This one is hardly ever talked about
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Best post ITT
Yes
Haven't seen this praised anywhere, so no
Yes
Second best post ITT
Yep

Good thread desu.

Every week some new angsty mid twenties fucker rediscovers his naive teenage contrarianism through this album and feels like he has to make a thread with nothing but "I'M WAVING MY DICK IN THE WIND" in the post.
Don't get me wrong, It's a great album, but it brings forth the worst in some people.

Tha'ts not Meteora.

yep old shit
objectively untrue
one of the greatest records of our time
literally who
generic as fuck so yeah
yep
>hurr lets all do heroine

Yeah. Still pretty good though. But definitely one of if not that band's most overrated

Your favorite album.

THIS.

uhhh not overrated at all

who gives a fuck what's overrated and what's not?

>HEY GUYS THIS POPULAR THING YOU LIKE ISN'T ACTUALLY AS GOOD AS YOU THINK
>LIKE IT'S PRETTY GOOD BUT IT'S NOT THAT GOOD SO YOU SHOULD STOP SAYING IT'S THAT GOOD ACTUALLY

wl/wh way better and not bloated

I thought so aswell for a couple of years, then I relistened to In Utero again and it changed my mind

Fuck off this album is perfect

>Its not bad
it is bad, actually
all overrated

I see what you did there.

I wouldn't say this is overrated. It's his weakest album I thought everyone agreed on that? Still beats half the shit others are putting out

I disagree, people talk about him as if he's number 1 currently when really it would be a push to consider him top 10

Sorry lemme rephrase, it beats half the shit that other "popular" hip hop artists are putting out. I'm referring to logic, future, lil , etc

this album is hot garbage

There is a lot of bad popular stuff and logic is of course the worst shit ever, but future is 100% top 10 currently

and all of his other albums

agreed