/Classical/

6 Voice fugue edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw

>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

classical.net/music/rep/index.php
telegraph.co.uk/music/classical-music/best-classical-recordings/
youtube.com/watch?v=iyivwj0NN4k
youtube.com/watch?v=NKX0ef1TZWA
youtube.com/watch?v=j-rF98HSKNc
youtube.com/watch?v=OpSeRwySeE0
youtube.com/watch?v=z8NTVwdsVSA
youtube.com/watch?v=mGvHN3fKUco
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Romantics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

haha loser I saw that Cb lmao loser

yeah I made that pic late at night and wasn't really paying attention. Actually looking at it revealed the mistake

Who /2013/ here?
Those were the days. Now /classical/ is basically dead.

who /guitar/ here?

n00b amateur hobbyist /gg/uitarist(?) checking in.
All I can do is finger exercises, but I Iove the instrument. One day, I will get there with enough practise and play some classical pieces.

You finger exercises, I finger ur mom

fuck off fag

Does Brahms have anything worthwhile to listen to apart from the clarinet quintet and requiem?

2011 was better. We even had good tripfags then.

I know i will come of like an idiot, but can you folks recommend me something akin to the very harmonious and sweet parts in Stravinsky's Firebird?

Daphnis et Chloe

>2013
>back when Sup Forums was a tumblr tripfag circlejerk
wew lad...
why the fuck are you even on Sup Forums?

Best Wozzeck recording?

When downloading music of this genre what exactly should I be getting? I tried a few artists but a few have tons of CDs to their name etc.

Or is there a site where I can listen to most of their works for free? Surely most of the works are public domain by now?

Kegel, Böhm, Metzmacher

classical.net/music/rep/index.php
Try these basic repertoire lists, probably best to start recent and work back. Most of the compositions are in the public domain but not the performances or recordings. Just go by the composer you like first and don't worry too much about performers, you will develop your taste in them later.

>is there a site where I can listen to most of their works for free
"youtube"
classical is designed for live concerts, or recordings for record companies to make money, there aren't many "listen to all the classical for free" sites

Choose which period appeals to you the most and check out some composers.

>things were better when there were more annoying tripfags
Petzold >>>>> tripcucks

His rhapsodies.

telegraph.co.uk/music/classical-music/best-classical-recordings/
^as good a guide as any for a beginner

>Buy British

they're spreading malware :(

Who writes the best piano concertos?

Mozart

Download Soulseek, you'll find everything there. Remember to share something of your own, or some users will block ypu from downloading their folders.

The quartets and the quintet. Also, if you know how to do it, listen to his music while reading his scores: at aome point you'll discover how much organic, coherent and perfectly planned everything he wrote was. There is much to be learnt from his scores.

youtube.com/watch?v=iyivwj0NN4k
youtube.com/watch?v=NKX0ef1TZWA
youtube.com/watch?v=j-rF98HSKNc
youtube.com/watch?v=OpSeRwySeE0
youtube.com/watch?v=z8NTVwdsVSA

cello sonata in Em, Symphonies

His Piano Quintet is worthwhile too.

His chamber music is pretty good as a whole. Cello sonate, clarinet sonata, piano trios, piano quintet and quartet etc.
His piano music is quite good too, particularly the late stuff, although the early stuff is very listenable too (Op. 10 ballades for example)

>trying to enjoy Hummel's piano concerti when the flat below starts playing obnoxiously loud electronic music
Guess it's time for Strauss then.

>I can now be mediocre without being called out for it! truly this is the golden age

Soulseek is great, but why does it keep disconnecting every 5 minutes?

This. Stop looking around, the best music is right under your nose. It's Mozart's.

kys

>unironically discussing Brahms on Sup Forums
>>>r/music

What Mozart are you listening to, fellow patricians?

Liszt

youtube.com/watch?v=mGvHN3fKUco

please go away

If you think trips were anything other than mediocre then you're an idiot.

Go back to or (wherever you came from).

Most of the trips were a bunch of wikipedia reading pseuds you dumbass (when they weren't just plain attention seeking clowns).

Mozart is too much, I'm all about the Haydn

you have to be 18 to post here

Thoughts on Delius?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Romantics

Was it autism?
Also who was in the wrong here?

>Also who was in the wrong here?
The ones who didn't have Wagner on their team.

If you want to trip and have an identity then try Reddit or literally every other website that's not an anonymous imageboard.

Just two groups of autists trying to claim Beethoven as their own.

Brahms wins, basically.

Robert Schumann.

Mozart wrote a dozen of pieces and repeated them a thousand times. What a time to be alive.

Don't fuck with the formula

My problem with Schumann is that most of his ends of section are way too abrupt. The themes are somewhat related, but their variations are way too radical for these pieces to be organic.
To me it ends up being a sequence of beautiful moments that do not add up to anything concrete.