When does this show get better? I'm halfway through season 1 and for a crime drama not a lot is happening...

When does this show get better? I'm halfway through season 1 and for a crime drama not a lot is happening. I keep hearing it's even better than Breaking Bad, which I loved, and also better than the Godfather trilogy which is of course amazing. So far though I'm not convinced, but then it took me until season 3 to "get" Breaking Bad.

Tried to watch this show three times. I've been asking myself the same thing

Season 1 has a bit of an outdated feel to it, to be honest.

Season 2 is where the show really starts to pick up. Just stick with it, user. It gets great and will hopefully hook you soon.

Breaking Bad picks up speed a lot faster than The Sopranos does, so just keep watching.

Tbh I tried watching the show a few times also and it's hard, I got spoiled on modern tv. Sopranos is just too long winded, too many fucking episodes over too long a disjointed slice of life style story. Modern dramas are much tighter and tell a much more serialized story, but by middle of season four each time I just feel like it's very slow, but not because it's a slow BURN, but because it's not really going anywhere. Its like a pancake with some chocolate chips, do you really wanna eat all that fucking dry as pancake just for the chips? Pick em out and eat em, just look up the top 20 episodes and watch em, that's all you need

get off this board and never come back you reddit mother fucker

meadowlands is the first truly great episode. if you're not liking by then you are an incorrigible pleb and this show is not for you.

Stick with it you pleb, if you dont like it then you dont even deserve GOAT characters like Ralphie or Richie tßh

Richie Did nothing wrong

How does Richie manage to be so intimidating? He's a complete manlet.
The jackeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

this is either a troll thread or not
either way it's not worth it guys

manson lamps

Seasons 3 to 5 is where the show earned it's GOAT status. 1, 2 and 6 are all still great though.

The script tells the others to act cowed. That's why.

I never watched the last season and only decided to pick it up recently. The first episodes are just insane, really caught me off guard. Being in the hospital myself when I started watching it, they really nailed those fever dream sequences, it's fucking brilliant.

maybe it'll get better if you make a few more threads about it

>sopranos fan gets upset his show isnt that good

you're fleeeeeeeeexiiing

great scene

Uncle Jun's comedic timing is top tier

Name one bad episode and why you think it was such.

I dare you.

>replying to this thread

so I guess Sup Forums will just take anyold bait now huh?

pine barrens because it's fucking gay wacky misadventure bullshit and is just irritating

>there are people that didn't like The Sopranos after watching the first episode

Yeah, how dare people talk about something else than capeshit and baneposting on Sup Forums

It grows on you, I would have rewatched it a long time ago if I didn't feel like I have to try new things. I forced myself through half the show once, but dropped it, then started over again a few years later only to watch the whole thing and liking it this time because I knew this time what I was getting into.

It's not a crime drama. It's a drama that explores the psyche of a criminal.

As such, it can be off-putting at first if you go in expecting action and suspense.
A big part of the show is that this big mob boss is a regular guy like you and me in a lot of ways - he has marital problems, he has vices, he thinks his life sucks.

What the show continues to do over the course of six seasons is to paint a picture of Tony Soprano, and the reason to keep watching is to get to know him.

>for a crime drama
that's where you fucked up

If you don't think The Sopranos is the greatest thing ever captured on camera, you should die desu, but not before taking out your own family with a biggest kitchen knife you can find.

The pilot is one of the worst episodes in my opinion. Almost feels like the show is gonna be a mafia comedy.

>he fell for the Sup Forums meme

Sopranos is a 7.5/10 show.

>thinking its a fucking crime drama
>standards based around Breaking Bad
You failed at life

Season 1 has a great finale, just keep watching

Season 1 is the weakest and almost feels like it's trying to be a movie and capture The Godfather almost.
Season 2 and onwards are fantastic and I can't recommend them enough. Season 1 isn't bad, certainly better than most shows, but for me it clicked in season 1 episode 6.

Am I the only one who properly got into The Sopranos around season 3? I mean, yeah, the first two seasons were good and all, but I just think everything about the show improved tenfold from the third season onwards.

Let me guess, scarface is your favorite movie ever? If there isn't a gunfight every 6 minutes you don't have the attention span?

>modern tv
it is modern tv you ignorant teenage prick
just because you were in a fucking nappy when it came out doesn't mean the whole art of television and film-making has since moved into a higher plane
if the boundaries of your knowledge weren't so stupidly fucking narrow you would realise how ridiculous that comment is, so why don't you go and watch the fucking program and absorb something from it and then make up your own mind instead of asking a bunch of misfits to validate your ignorance

You are so fucking mad it's unbelievable

fucking faggot niggers

kys and your family

I know this is bait. But tell me what shows you think are 9s or 10s

>i didn't fall for your shit
>give me more shit pls
why

>You are so fucking mad it's unbelievable
>I'm going to read a novel but skip from the first chapter to the fifth to the last because fuck story development.

Not him but it doesn't change the fact that you sound like a dumb fuck.