I've got Planetarium. Some things:

I've got Planetarium. Some things:

>This album is going to be incredibly polarizing and it definitely isn't what you expect it to be. I've been listening to the bootleg for half a decade and I didn't expect it to sound this way
>Pretty experimental for Sufjan. Songs have strange structures made stranger by the choices of instrumentation and vocal effects (which there are a lot of)
>There are no new "songs." All of the new material is ambient, even "Black Energy"
>"The Sun" isnt on here. The song is just relaxed by an ambient interlude.

Feel free to discuss or ask questions. I'm not going to share it because it's very obviously watermarked but i'm interested in discussing it.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0RhVgqvblCa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

upload it you cunt

how can we discuss the album if we don't have it you fucking ding bat

no

some other people might have it or some shit. or talk about the bootleg. i don't care

stop talking out your ass. upload a snippet to vocaroo to prove you're not fucking around or get the fuck out.

Hey guys, I've ACTUALLY got Planetarium, this guy is lying.

fuck off vocaroo.com/i/s0RhVgqvblCa

also fuck off

should i get tickets to suffys performance of this album in brooklyn this july? theyre 60 bucks which is kind of steep so idk

yes

okay you've proven you have it, now upload the album. seriously. if you want discussion it will come and the "watermark" isn't an issue. I and many others would really appreciate it but if you want to withhold it whatever, just know you're upsetting a lot of people for no real reason.

so he's doing what bon iver did

no

suffy did it first though
are you just forgetting that age of adz happened?

I've seen them do this live with the CSO before

It's good in person but based on what I've heard so far I don't think it will translate well to record like at all

I think if they had done a live recording it would've been good but I fear this will get overproduced

OP here. Very overproduced. Some of the songs are really fucked up by the overproduction but some kind of benefit. Venus is one of the casualties of the recording process.

How about Pluto or Jupiter, the only tracks i honestly need in HQ.

Jupiter is better (the drums are fucking great) and Pluto is just as good as it is live

I could tell that was gonna happen. Like on Saturn, live that vocal effect and choppy synth sounded really cool and spacey in an actual music hall, when I heard the single I was surprised at how frankly corny and almost cheap it sounds on recording.

It kind of killed all the excitement I had for this right away.

why won't you upload it?

What about The Moon?

idk how well it sounded live since i've only listened to the youtube videos but i've never been a fan of Saturn anyway. Mercury sounds better imo.

wouldn't say most of the album sounds cheap. a lot of parts are really inventive and interesting sonically.

it's a 4AD release that's clearly watermarked and i was given it by a friend who i don't want to fuck over. also Sup Forums fucking sucks lately for the most part i really don't owe this community anything.

Moon is actually incredible. That's one of the few tracks in the album that includes non-synthetic instruments like flutes/recorders and tribal-sounding drums. Like this version much more than the live version

Which others include non-synth instruments?

stop

Besides Bryce playing the guitar really just the piano on the first and last tracks. This album is almost all electronic.

Nico Muhly is a fucking boss btw

There's no orchestration?

>This album is almost all electronic
This seems like a really odd chpice from them, why even use a different instrumentalization for the studio recordings.

Define "overproduced" you fucking faggots, you have no fucking idea what the hell you are talking about

Is something wrong user? Do you need to talk about it?

there's strings on some tracks but the synths almost always overpower them. they really aren't a centerpiece at all.

agreed. i'm assuming they wanted to keep things fresh because the bootlegs been out so long and the material is 5 years old but some of the songs just seem worse off. i'm really interested yes to see how people who haven't heard these songs react to these versions though.

I'm kinda hyped for this but i certainly will miss Sufjan talking between tracks, it almost feels like part of the songs already.

Super weird. I think that's one of the things that threw me off about Saturn, I just listened to the recording I have and there's strings/horns on it and none on the album version, which is a super strange choice IMO.

I'm not sure why this needed to stripped down. The reason it was cool was because it was blend of electronic music/synthesized sounds and orchestra and chamber music.

It's a lot less interesting as "Sufjan does a Nils Frahm thing with Nico Muhly and the guitarist from The National"

dude i have a great childhood friend who I really bonded with over sufjan. he's moving away this weekend and it would really mean a lot if we were able to hear this together before he goes.

I got caught up watching videos of a despicable man of high intelligence avoid questions in a way that only a vile person could, so I filled myself with indirect hate. Sorry bro.

>also Sup Forums fucking sucks lately for the most part i really don't owe this community anything.
grow up, Sup Forums has always been shit

wait so all the "new" songs are instrumental?

reeeeee

This is either bait or you're not particularly familiar with Sufjan's discography. Either way fuck off.

>are you just forgetting that age of adz happened?

you mean enjoy your rabbit, right?

OP what would it take to get you to share? I'm willing to send some money via paypal if that's what it will take