Holy fuck...

Holy fuck, I've just discovered pic related and I love it! But why did they keep the parts where you hear them in the studio ?

what are you 15?

johnny hobo is the infinitely better folk punk group

20, actually.

if you are 16

I feel that it adds intregrety of being a live take. Everything after Knifemam loses its edge and sounds to overly produced. Folk punk is pretty low budget as it gets.
I recomanned Days n Daze, Human Kitten, early Front Bottoms

pretty much all of the projects Pat has been a part of are better than AJJ. Andrew Jackson Jihad still has some solid albums in the beginning of their catalog, this album probably being the best of theirs.

check their split with ghost mice it rules

that album is a top tier classic my guy

This.

One of those albums that when you first discover you obsess over for a few months but then just completely stop listening to. This is a great album though.

Can't Maintain > People That Can Eat People

Both are nice though. Unfortunate any album after those two are pretty rough/cringy.

Only God Can Judge Me (EP) is also really great.

As for the studio sounds, iunno. They do that on several songs over all of their albums.

Best folk punk record ever coming through

because AJJ really want to be Neutral Milk Hotel

Because it fits the aesthetic.

Shelter from Ramshackle Glory/Ghost Mice is pretty decent.

man this is like an old Sup Forums thread

Defiance, Ohio is top tier. New Nana Grizol is great but it very much removed from the folk punk elements of Defiance, Ohio or even their first record. I really liked the last Ramshackle Glory album.

>INB4 HAHA NU MALES XDD

I did literally this.

Ghost mice is one of the few folk punk bands I can still listen to.

Heathers, AJJ, even pat the bunny don't do it for me. I tried listening to Spoonboy a few weeks ago and couldn't get passed 3 tracks on whatever album I put on. Crywank also sucks.

I still like BTMI! though if they count as folk punk.

i discovered this at 16 and loved it, 5 years later i find it unbearable

Mah nigga

Debt of the dead is also Top Tier

The split they did with Ramshackle Glory is also pretty nice

[spoiler]IT WAS YEARS AGO, I KNOW, I KNOW, BUT NOW I'M BACK AGAIN[/spoiler]

It's because it fits the whole rebelious, uncertain, teen thing

daily reminder People II: The Reckoning is the only acceptable AJJ song

Can't maintain is horribly underrated.
Or maybe we're just edgy.

they used to be my favorite and i can still get into their early stuff for sure

but this bike is a pipe bomb holds up way better, what a band

Nah it's the least edgy album honestly. The songs are edgy near the beginning but as the narrator grows as a person they become wiser and more mature. As he gains perspective, so do the lyrics. It's so good man.