Is this true?

Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YRdktH11rRk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_of_the_2000s_(century)
youtube.com/watch?v=SRjxl3bN2i8
youtube.com/watch?v=SUZSYl1u_gw
youtube.com/watch?v=NLdQs984Trc
youtube.com/watch?v=bhUaKwpPdC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

65-69 garage rock, psychedelia, baroque pop, progressive etc. boom >>>> *

krautrock in recent times has become really overrated

krautrock is not for shitposting

totally agree. can't argue with the trips either.
rock from 65-71 was the absolute peak

metal isn't even music

It should peak again at the 90s-era and then drop down like a cliff after that.

Fixed

>psychedelic rock
>baroque pop

Most of it is garbage. Also quite ironically very unsuitable music to listen to while on actual fucking psychedelics.

fuck off degenerate junkie

Sorry Marcelo but you're wrong on this one

Sup Forums babby taste

grunge s fucking shit

Calling it baroque pop is a disgrace to baroque music. It has the most basic of "nice" sounding progressions. Melodically it's alright but it gets too wishy washy and generic after a few songs.

Eleanor Rigby, Good Vibrations, Nights in White Satin, a few Zombies, Walker tracks are fine but that's about it. It's overrated as fuck. Especially Kinks and garbage like Left Banke and most of Sgt. Pepper's.

Psychedelic rock well that just goes nowhere... Doors, Hendrix all of that shit is completely lame if you've ever listened to anything other than rock music.

Sorry I just don't see it.

straight rock and roll (pre 60's) is underrated desu

>alt-rock started in the 90s
what the fuck

There we go

>indie-rock
>good

Most of the best albums of the last 20 years are indie rock records. Deal with it

>post rock
>bad

confirmed listened to one godspeed song just so he could be in on the muh crescendos joke

Show me a good post-rock song that isn't at least 10 minutes long. Protip: you can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=YRdktH11rRk

Put kraut rock above dad rock and this will be correct

There isn't even a top 100 album of the last 20 years that is rock.

>p4k-droning this hard

WTF I love post-rock now

>tfw too stupid to understand this graph

I double majored in math and I can't understand what this graph is saying... why is there a curve if each of those genres only occupies one point in space?

is this the birth of a new meme

tortoise - djed

desu I like godspeed but thanks to Sup Forums drone meme spouting faggots ruining their rep brainlets like you immediately dismiss every post containing them for whatever reason

I haven't been on Sup Forums in at least a year. When did this particular brand of cancer start?

why is it that smart people are simultaneously the dumbest motherfuckers out

/thread

damn really makes me think

because it was made by a 15 year old

quality I guess is possible if we agree

since those things still exist the time is impossible...OP didn't even attempt to divide into ...years?...7 why would they need to be on the same curve

graph is bullshit

That song is 20 minute long dickhead. I said under 10

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_of_the_2000s_(century)
???

think of it as a curve of best fit

>going by sales

Queen, Adele and Bieber confirmed the best artists ever!!!!

oh whoops

pick literally any tortoise song under ten minutes then

none of spiderlands songs are over 10 minutes long

this desu baka senpai

Spiderland is pretty good, but it's so different from the Godspeed brand of post-rock that it may as well be a different genre.

You asked for top 100 these are top 100 you fucking cretin. You want someone to validate your shitty irrelevant opinion based on no metric whatsoever you go pay a hooker to listen to your retarded ramblings.

what fucking time are you referring to, make a proper graph you mongoloid.

The time of your life

t.pseud

>Most of the best albums of the last 20 years

Sales != best

not rly
post-rock is about texture and the intention of not using the format of a normal rock song
godspeed couldn't exist without spiderland
they don't sound the same but they're the same genre
people just get confused because spiderland sounds like a normal post hardcore / math rock record on the first listen

post-rock is prog rock and krautrock minus the virtuosity of prog rock and the artistry of krautrock

Well I enjoy one but not the other, it's as simple as that. 20 minutes of ambience and crescendos does nothing for me.

except it doesn't have the maximallist nature of prog rock and it doesn't have the rhythm-centric song structure of krautrock

stop being a smart ass

Why is length an indicator of a negative aspect?

youtube.com/watch?v=SRjxl3bN2i8

>t. I have no idea what am I talking about

same man godspeed is pretty lame for me
but post-rock isn't a bad genre
just listen to more first wave stuff i guess

fuck off, retard.

Inindependence is the shit.

There's a big difference between 7 minutes and 20 minutes man. I have some long songs but those act like songs within the song. For the godspeed brand of post-rock it's just the same shit for 20 minutes. Also that's not a post-rock album you just linked so there's that.

if you think Spiderland is post-rock but not Rusty you're ignorant and shouldn't talk about post-rock anymore

Post-rock is more or less an umbrella term of what said rather than a set of artists with a unifying style. Similar to how krautrock covers a very wide range of styles, except krautrock is specified further as a scene in the 70s whereas post-rock is still being made.

I'm assuming this is what OP means

>For the godspeed brand of post-rock it's just the same shit for 20 minutes

That's just blatantly untrue. Look at how many transitions Storm alone goes through. Any of the sections of LYSFLATH.
>Also that's not a post-rock album you just linked so there's that.
Of course Rusty is post-rock. It just has more post-hardcore in it than Spiderland.

I guarantee the person who made this has never listened to classical music before besides generic pieces. Some of it is generic as hell.

>For the godspeed brand of post-rock it's just the same shit for 20 minutes.
Not exactly, GYBE's songs tend to work through acts, moving from one to another which do work as smaller songs within the song.

Sorry. I guess first wave post-rock just sounds totally different than the next waves so that's throwing me off. I guess I should get more first wave stuff. You guys have any favorites?

Rusty is more first-wave than second. Give it a try if you like Spiderland..

>no 10s

Music is dead, its all over folks, go home.

>using a promotional sticker as an argument instead of words
i've never heard faust be considered post-rock
it's krautrock, it's experimental, it's textural - but I don't think it has any of the intention of post-rock. There's not really song structures with emphasis on dynamics, and the noise is used as much as a good noise rock record would (if far better the first faust album is legendary)
Earliest post-rock I can think of is the ascension by Glenn Branca

>For the godspeed brand of post-rock it's just the same shit for 20 minutes.
what the fuck are you even taking about. that is in no way true. Im legit baffled, what the fuck is going on itt

To be honest I'm not sure why the waves are structured that way; Spiderland came out in 1991 and Inindependence came out in 1998 so yeah. I'm just gonna give you stuff I like that I think you'll like.

youtube.com/watch?v=SUZSYl1u_gw
youtube.com/watch?v=NLdQs984Trc
youtube.com/watch?v=bhUaKwpPdC0

June Of 44 and Shipping News are made up of members of Rodan for what that's worth.

HOLY FUCKING AUTISM

You're worse than EDMtards, its just rock

apparently people consider trip-hop shoegaze like bowery electric and seefeel post-rock too

no one has really codified anything so the "waves" are very loose and ill-defined.

I'd argue that Ash Ra Tempel's first album is post-rock. But The Ascension was definitely the second prominent example.

not giving you what you want
fuck off

Thanks for the recs. I'm admittedly very ignorant about this stuff. All I know is I hate Godspeed

too late

god damn it

>rock & roll
>bad

This place is garbage.

trufax

rip music goodbye

Fixed.

ahahahahhaahahahhaahhahahahahahaha

Take the redpill, senpai.

this but unironically

tradfolk added for Hampus

most fedora image i have ever seen desu

this graph meme is trash i cant believe so many of you are making it
kill yourselves

fuck off with the (c)rap meme

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSK8Uz-7vwo

>disliking a genre I like is a meme

correct

This is the only correct chart in this thread.

Absence not

Perfect