People shitting all over the place about this movie

>People shitting all over the place about this movie
>turns out it's the best flick of the year so far

Why do people fall for the "anything made by DC that isn't Nolan is bad" meme so easily Sup Forums?

Are you going to explain why it's good or just blatantly shill?

DC fag, they dont explain, they just cry

>Yes, even comic-book franchises promote ideology. This may come as a shock to consumers still stuck on the idea that Hollywood wants to entertain more than indoctrinate. Even normally sophisticated folks who are unschooled in recognizing hegemony or realizing how the culture system functions today prove susceptible to the lure of apparently innocuous entertainment. They hold onto adolescent consumerist gullibility, and this is the ideology that Suicide Squad’s producer, Zack Snyder, is up against.

>If DC is the conservative comic-book universe to Marvel’s pseudo-progressivism, it couldn’t be more unpopular among kids who enjoyed the ludicrous platitudes of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

>They both (Snyder and Ayer) approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral.

>Think metaphorically again, and see that Suicide Squad entangles post-Vietnam and post-9/11 notions about heroism and citizenship. Deadshot does the right, patriotic thing, yet compliments Waller, his treacherous superior, saying, “That’s gangsta!” This use of hip-hop cynicism speaks more directly to modern confused ethics than most lines from other movies and most politicians. Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen for millennial viewers (and voters), who think their patriotic moral conflict is new.

just watch it you dumbass. if you haven't seen it you can't judge it.

I fucking love this guy

>le people say this movie is bad
>le they're wrong

evidence they're wrong? you fat cunt.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I went to this movie but didnt really pay attention because there was a Stacy next to me (with her chad on other side) and she had these sandals on that she took off for comfort. She sat Indian style and put them on the seat in front of her etc. So I spent the whole time watching that.

Based Armond.

I have seen it, and it's the second worst piece of trash I've seen this year. Guess the first, DCuck.

Best? No, that'd have to be Zootropolis. Film is good but it's not best of material.

I was cringing really hard most of the movie. The witch was so over the top and stereotypical in a bad way. Killer Croc's lines sounded so forced.

Harley had good and cringey moments. passable. Same with joker, but he was forgetable.

Deadshot was good, boomerang was good with the little time he got, diablo was the best one.

lmao at slipknot.

katana was like boomerang, no screentime.

Waller and Flaag were good.

Movie had shit pacing. It reminded me a lot of a bad Guardians of the Galaxy, being a crew of criminals brought together to fight a much nore powerful force, except ss wasn't pure capeshit kino.

when they suddenly bonded after Harley survived Jokers helicoptor crash it felt forced and too quick.

>Why do people fall for the "anything made by DC that isn't Nolan is bad" meme so easily Sup Forums?
Marvelfags and their fragile masculinity are easily threatened.

Wait, did Armond like Suicide Squad as well? Is DC 3-for-3 with him?

*Checks*

>Snyder, who directed the reboots Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman, confounds comic-book fans with his voluptuous, dramatic visual style, which is so unlike Marvel’s trashy, violent sarcasm. He’s a fantasist, but he’s also a moralist, and this comes through in Suicide Squad, produced by Snyder but directed by David Ayer. Ayer’s social sensibility (seen in Brad Pitt’s World War II movie, Fury, and in End of Watch, a rare cop movie with a credible sense of ethnic camaraderie) is compatible with Snyder’s. They both approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral.

BASED
A
S
E
D

>summer blockbuster released in what is being called the worst year for blockbusters possibly of all time
BRAVO

Movie was a fucking mess, I don't think Ayer's own cut would be some kind of masterpiece, but it sure would be better than this trainwreck.

Incredibly barebones and generic cape-plot that somehow barely manages to hold itself together.
Barely any proper character development or motivation to speak of (Captain Boomerang comes back for no reason, I guess they're all friends by the end?)
Joker felt completely shoehorned and his relationship with Harley clearly got edited so the movie wouldn't be too dark.
Fucking terrible editing, music felt like somebody hired a hack DJ that won't stop switching songs.
Tone is all over the place because of edits and reshoots.

I could go on but this has already been said a million times over, WB fucked this one up proper.

Best movies so far this year are Jungle Book, Zootopia, Civil War, The nice guys.
The rest have been meh or shit.
This is a non meme post btw.

>flick
>good

something i cant understand is that amanda waller creates the suicide squad to deal with meta-humans threat to basically minimize civilian casualty, yet she herself murders 5 innocent FBI agents because "they've seen too much", doesnt it go against the thing that she is trying to prevent? (innocents dying?)

>Reviewers don't like a movie
>Sup Forums suddenly decides they like it

Well, who didn't see that coming a mile away? If RT had liked the movie, these exact same people would be on here calling it "So...edgy, bro! & Lol so randumb. xD"

>This is a non meme post btw.

This is what Sup Forums has come to.

This is a reddit thread mate
please no bully

Damn, well said

Good flick

I don't understand how people can defend this film.

It's not just bad. It's so incredibly bad that it's badness is a *news story*.

I was listening to a radio program in my car earlier today, a news roundup, and they actually had a story about Suicide Squad and how atrocious it was. Pretty funny listening to the reviews quoted. Then they interviewed I think the film critic from Forbes or maybe the New York Times to discuss just how bad a movie it us.

That's how bad SS is. It's a breakout catastrophe. It's percolated into household knowledge. It's incredible.

Normies love schadenfreude. It's just a new hot meme to gossip over on social media and feel part of something.

This. This board is such a piece of shit that I seriously can't tell anymore if someone is being legitimate about their opinion of a movie or if they're just shitposting.

Because we're not talking about one movie. It's the whole DCEU.

I didn't want to list independent hipster films on my list

>I seriously can't tell anymore if someone is being legitimate about their opinion of a movie or if they're just shitposting.

It's a bit of both.

but, it doesn't matter if its here tumblr reddit, facebook. DC fanboys are seriously losing their goddamn minds over the movie.

>Normies love schadenfreude
Sup Forums's on that shit much more than anyone else, especially normies.
like with ghostbusters and bvs

I know a lot of people really liked Diablo, so do you think they're going to pull an agent coulson on him?

TV is a passive medium. You can convince people a good movie is bad and vice versa, since not much processing happens in the brain when watching a movie.

This doesn't happen as much with vidya. You can convince somone to buy a shit game, but if the game plays like shit, you feel it and no paid reviews are going to convince you otherwise.

Rate this.

Yah, extending the movie by an hour would probably fix most of the problems like with BvS. But faggot director already said there is not going to be an Ultimate Edition. Why does WB fuck its movies with shit editing? WHy?!

Despite editing still good movie though. Only people who are put off by the editing are those easily confused.

>Incredibly barebones and generic cape-plot that somehow barely manages to hold itself together.
Barely any proper character development or motivation to speak of (Captain Boomerang comes back for no reason, I guess they're all friends by the end?)
Fucking terrible editing, music felt like somebody hired a hack DJ that won't stop switching songs.
Tone is all over the place because of edits and reshoots.

Are you describing Thor 1 and 2?

More like Quip Squad: Our Writer's Aren't As Humorous As Marvel: Electric Boogaloo

A solid 6/10 though, they just really need to get their shit together in the writing department. Maybe less quips and more actual emotions, this was too much of a clusterfuck.

You people are morons, /tv was excited as shit about this movie. Now half the people hate it, half the people like, so irrespective of the situation there would always be people with opposite opinions. /tv doesn't suddenly change its fucking mind you fucking morons.

But civil war wasnt funny either. This at least didn't have me yawning. I literally can't remember half of Civil War, that's how forgettable it was.

Not going to give them money just to see how shitty it is.

>/tv was excited as shit about this movie
The authentic userbase of this board has been shitting on this meme flick when they put out that meme trailer with queen you fucking videogame player. Don't pretend for a second you're Sup Forums

add green room, cheap 5 million horror flick

>tv was excited as shit about this movie

I seriously saw months of Sup Forums making fun of this movie and trashing it before it was even out. Fuck off trying to defend this shit board.

>Are you describing Thor 1 and 2?

What does two other shitty capeflicks have to do with this?

I actually haven't seen any of those shitty capeshit movies aside from a few Iron Man ones so you are probably right.

Fine this board is cancer

Ignore all tv opinions on capeshit. It's a reddit shitposting frenzy

lmao

>half the people like it
99% of the people who 'like' this movie are shitposting and 1% of them are retards like you

APPARENTLY FUCKING NOTHING.

Aparrently it's okay if Disney sells you shit, and fuck you for not liking it, but if DC does it... Oh boy... you just wait...

wow guy
you don't have to be rude about it still

>everyone ITT

user remember when you said BvS was shit and then it turned out to be great because you discovered you had shit taste and the DVD edition was incredible. This is you again user.

Why don't you have your own opinion? If you never read a review of this movie and saw it in absolute isolation, you'd be jerking off to it and telling all your friends about it. Why are you so easily swayed by others opinions faggot? Did you never learn any critical thinking skills?

BvS was kino. Suicide squad is shit.

>anyone on Sup Forums thinking for themselves
>ever
user, I got bad news for you.

Don't tell me it's brain cancer... Please god don't....

>Aparrently it's okay if Disney sells you shit, and fuck you for not liking it, but if DC does it... Oh boy... you just wait...

Nobody here is defending the Thor movies though.

They were shit, just like Suicide Squad is shit. Drop that petty Marvel vs FC garbage. All that matters is that the movie is good.

Someone who saw it told me the joker has barely any screen time. Is that true?

>you had shit taste
What are your top 10 films of all time, Sup Forums?

Explain the fucking Rotten Tomatoes score faggot?

Explain all the shit DC movies are getting but equal shit Marvel gets nothing?

I don't have a top 10 of all time /pol, because I'm not a loser faggot wasting my entire life on "cinema"

That this Hot Topic film is at all praised on Sup Forums just proves how underage it's become.

What is Deadpool?

Equally shit Marvel movies have got similar scores. There just aren't that many of them.

Point out one equally shit Marvel movie with an equally shit meta score.

As expected
Next time you try and step up to someone on my board make sure you're not a tasteless coward plebeian

just saw it today. fuckin' blew.

>Explain all the shit DC movies are getting but equal shit Marvel gets nothing?

Marvel bias? Who fucking cares?

Marvel has been doing it longer and has had better movies in their universe, people are more forgiving for occasional bad movies then I guess? I don't know, Guardians and Civil War are overrated as fuck.

DC's best extended universe movie so far is MoS, and it wasn't even good, so they're climbing a steep hill.

>all these contrarian fucks defending Soosigh Skwa

Did you niggers even see the movie? The first half is a boring, poorly edited clusterfuck of scenes and the second half has maybe 3 good scenes in it that do NOT make up for how awful the rest of the movie is.

le cinema conoisseur

Tell me, do you prefer to masturbate to Vertigo or Citizen Kane to convince yourself that you are a person of any value?

Almost entirely unrelated. The fact that DCfags can't help but bring up Marvel movies in discussion makes it feel like they care about Marvel movies more than Marvelfags do. Shit, Deadpool isn't even part of the MCU, it's just part of the shitty X-Men universe.

>I don't understand how people can defend this film.

because DC rocks and marvel sucks. that is the true for many on internet

>Vertigo or Citizen Kane are his top picks to try and step up
This just keeps getting better and better

The fucking gall of these capeshit plebeians trying to step up to their superiors

Has tv rotted your fucking brain so much you are too autistic to see the reasoning?

Deadpool is R rated and gets praised. R rated capeshit can get praised. So why can't SS be praised by adults. Fucking idiot

Fantastic 4 is a pretty obvious choice, and Amazing Spider-Man 2 was only like 50-something % which is somewhere around Man of Steel's rating. I'd argue those movies are both worse than their Tomato rankings.

Answer the question, what is your top 10 of cinema faggot? Don't tell me you actually bothered to compile a list.

>Yah, extending the movie by an hour would probably fix most of the problems like with BvS.

4 hours of movie that is insane, this isn't a mini tv series.
do a compact script and a good 2:30 to 3 hours of movie.

Garbage for teenagers and adult teenagers?

Those aren't controversial movies or part of any EU. Those are universially considered shit, and well below either Civil War or SS.

>So why can't SS be praised by adults.

SS is toothless as fuck.

Haven't seen Deadpool so I can't comment on that, but SS is basically a shitty Marvel movie in a darker coat of paint.

SS isn't R rated. In fact the decision to divert it from being more gritty is part of what hurt it. It now comes off as confused, poorly edited, and teeny-bopper edgy due to the hasty changes.

This is scarily spot on and I didn't even mind Deadpool.

That makes no sense because SS isn't even R-rated, what does that have to do with anything?

Are you a fucking moron? The movie is 2 hours. What is 1 hour + 2 hours?

>>They both (Snyder and Ayer) approach a childish genre like adults

So? Why are you moving the goal posts? Shitty marvel movies get shitty ratings. SS is a shitty movie and got shitty ratings.

Too fucking long for a brainless Superhero movie

> SS is basically a shitty Marvel movie in a darker coat of paint.

So its basically Civil War?

You disappoint me user. Go read a book and learn to structure thoughts coherently in your head. Netflix binging has made you easily confused.

SS is way above that shit, why are you dropping the goalposts to the floor faggot?

Instead you'll watch 10 hours of Daredevil in one go?

Nothing you posted defends the movie, it's all insults. Go back to watching capeshit and stop trying to interact with people.

>So its basically Civil War?

No, it somehow managed to be worse than that overstuffed shitty movie.

Actually quite some of my earlier posts defended the movie. The insults are in response to insults by people easily offended by any disagreeing opinion. Why are you so easily offended user? Unhappy with your life?

>tfw this was clearly meant to be rated R but was neutered so now we get a shit movie thats missing pieces all over the place

fucking WB....

The biggest offender here was Joker's and Harley's relationship.

They tried to make them seem geniunely in love, but it felt completely flat and forced. So obvious that they cut out the destructive part of their relationship.

this

>they cut out the destructive part of their relationship
But user, relationship strife and emotional abuse doesn't sell t-shirts at Hot Topic.