Did you learn any languages when younger but gave up on them and do you remember anything from it?

Did you learn any languages when younger but gave up on them and do you remember anything from it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dCHi5apc1lQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

finnish, didn't continue since all finns were rude towards me

bosniak scum?

french

yes, 4

I only remember English

I was taught Russian in elementary school.

All I remember is the alphabet.

I took French in school and all I remember is a couple of words.

spanish, i gave up and i'm learning french (though it's only because i need a language course so ill probably forget it too)

Je ne parle pas francais

Thats it

why have you given up ?

i didn't really learn it out of choice, we had to at school. I learned it for 5 years when I was in school but I'm really rusty now
might polish it up over summer though

Ich bin gurke und ich liebe alhohol

Vietnamese and Thai. Vietnamese because my babysitters were an old vietnamese couple, and had to teach it to me to communicate better with me.

je mange une orange

thanks duolingo

you learn french at school ?
since when they do that ?
Is it only in UK?

We all speak at least 4 languages here. It's weird when you first realise other countries don't do the same

You have to learn french in elementary school and at least pass it once in highschool. Nearly everyone drops is as soon as they can but I wish I didn't. They should really convince students of the benefits of speaking two languages.

I tried learning French when i was younger but my dad beat me for being gay

this except with swedish and that i had to continue regardless

you have to learn a language in highschool, usually it's learn French, Spanish or sometimes German
french is the most common

Latin and french
French is lost to me
Latin I can only remember words
Since 1066 m8

same
i didnt like the language much
youtube.com/watch?v=dCHi5apc1lQ

My sister did a year of French and a summer working in France then she was fluent and switched to Spanish.

You can learn french in school here.

sounds cool.

do you still remember any vietnamese then?

Ka `olelo o na moku Hawai`i.

Danish, but I didn't give up, I moved to Sweden so it got replaced by Swedish
I listen to the Danish radio whenever I remember

I studied French in school but I forgot it and don't care about it

mahalo

Why on earth would you learn french when you already speak the only language you'll ever need?

it's usually mandatory to take at least 3 years of a foreign language in high school. we had the choice of french, spanish, and mandarin

>not taking mandarin

I learned German in high school and was pretty decent but our teacher spoke with such a strong American accent that it's tough for me to understand actual spoken German now

>3 years.

We only had to take a year of foregin language music or art class

it was three years if you even want to apply to a UC over here. that was their bare minimum iirc so most ended up taking 3 years

mandarin classes are usually filled with chinese students who already knew the language. no use taking it

>Ich sprache nicht Deutsch
is all I can say in German

You were probably too homo to study any further. I really don't buy this "rude" excuse, fucker. Maybe you just misunderstood some brotherly banter due cultural differences, you miserable runkeballe.

Everyone here learns French when they're young