Is medical marijuana better than what I would get off the street? Is it more potent, is the high different?

Is medical marijuana better than what I would get off the street? Is it more potent, is the high different?

It's not genetically different than street weed. Typically across the board the quality is better as the methods used for medical are more advanced, but it's not uncommon to get weed from a dealer that is just as potent as medical from a dispensary. Medical is safer to buy and use though, much lower chance of any weird mold / improper curing / spraying... But it's all a matter of the skills and technology of the grower

Technically it's the same stuff and will get you just as high, but really, there's a huge difference in quality.

Medical stuff is grown in controlled conditions so it's more likely to be microbe and mold free.

Also, keeping track of the strains is more important to medical sellers, so you'll actually get what you're buying, and not just "skunk" that's actually mexican brick weed dusted with synthetic cannabinoids.

You will also have a staff on hand that actually knows what they're selling and what the differences are between strains, types of product and methods of administration.

Last but not least, you'll have strains that are bred with CBD (cannabidiol) content in mind, not just maximum THC like illicit drug growers. This certainly means a different high, one that doesn't "fuck your brain up" or cause memory loss or anything of that sort because CBD antagonizes the negative psychiatric effects of THC.

Nowadays it's all the same, folks buy from anywhere it's legal recreationally and transport it across state lines to sell on the street, so the street stuff is pretty high quality.

The profit margins for this are low, it doesn't actually happen as often as your dealers tell you it does. If you can buy straight from the farmers that's different, but that's usually against the rules. There's a lot of road between the farm and the dispensary though, if you catch my drift

Depends what you get off the street. Understand that all the "medical" weed being sold in dispensaries was grown by someone either in a house or on their land. They're just very picky on what they will buy from these growers, they only want properly grown, harvested, and cured weed, free of pests, mold, etc. So if you buy weed off the "street" from someone who got it from the same type of source, then it will be the same quality of weed, minus the heavy inspection for pests, mold, etc.

If by "street" you mean weed from mexico that's been compressed into a brick...it will still get you high, just not as quickly or efficiently, because it's been improperly grown, harvested, cured, and packaged. Not to mention however many pesticides it's been sprayed with. But it's still marijuana, it will still get you high.

I'll be going a bit off topic.
Anyone had experience with buying off Craigslist or webehigh?

It's just weed, you stupid faggot.

I smoked for the first time last weekend and I got all the visible effects (red eyes, grin like an idiot, hungry) but physically all I got was a light head buzz. it felt like being dizzy without the loss of orientation.
is that all there is to weed? if so, I'm disappointed and feel like I didn't miss anything special (I'm 28)

Don't do that you will eventually find an undercover. Maybe not the first or second time, but you will.

A weapon to surpass metal gear.

That sounds like a sativa dominant strand you smoked. There are differences between a sativa high and an indica high. I'd suggest trying to find an indica strain and see if you like the feeling from that better.

Sativa is more of a daytime high that lets you still function but you feel nice.

Indica is what a lot of people consider couch lock weed, it's more of a night time weed because it's cerebral and makes you feel sleepy/lazy.

well I suppose it was a hybrid then, cause I got really tired 2-3 hours after smoking. and I don't feel like I didn't smoke enough. I shared a joint with a friend (mixed with tobacco), practically smoked a nicely packed bong on my own and smoked the kief in the bong as well.

I honestly was suspecting something that would fuck me up, like being drunk out of my mind.

maybe the weed wasn't strong? I'm growing AK47 and Blue Dream myself right now. I hope they will be different

depends on how good your weed man is, but from my experience street dealers usually only have a few strains to choose from if any of them are even named. Sometimes you get really good stuff, other times it's pretty lackluster.

Medical is pretty consistent because you get to choose from strains. However some strains are bred for high CBD in the medical world which will get you less high since CBD counteracts some of THC's effects but has strong antiinflammatory and antiepileptic properties.

I have some harlequin that's good for pain relief but only gets you a buzz, and I have some northern lights and purple urkle that get me completely wasted.

from personal experience i'd say medical is more efficient if nothing else. Nothing more than 2x tho, weed is still weed and anything can probably get you where you want to be.

You guys are talking about weed in a very one dimensional way. Effectiveness.

Now, forgive me, i am not a regular user, i am 30 and i haven't smoked since i was in high school.

But does this mean that the strains and their "different highs" are basically weed fan wank? Or is that a real thing? Do different strains actually offer different(however subtle) highs?

Just curious.

Idiots like claiming it is the same as you get off the street are clueless. In states where it is illegal, you will be lucky to find a dealer with medicinal quality. Not to say they dont exist, but you will likely pay for it. Normal high quality (whatever name you want to use dro, tops, etc) weed is without a doubt, less potent than medicinal or even most of what is sold in legal states. It is basic economics. The more readily available it is, the better the quality and the lower the prices you will find.

and I think, ultimately, the best is going to be recreational weed from legal places like Netherlands, and Washington/Oregon/Colorado/Cali.

I'm in Montana so all we have is medical, and they're really restrictive about how many plants a dispensary can grow based on how many registered patients they have and shit. My dispensary has about 15 strains currently, (they've had to rebuild, in August the law changed on them and dispensaries had to close their doors since there was a 3 patient limit per provider which made dispensaries infeasible, but in November we voted to repeal those restrictions, but they've only had since December to get their supply back up.. ideally they want about 30 strains available)

But.. I imagine in Washington and Colorado especially where it's been legal for awhile, and Cali since their medical laws were so lax.. that they have crazy selections available, and a lot of top shelf quality bud.

Well it was your first time.
Also don't smoke a spliff like a dirty brit and you'd get a more accurate interpretation of what marijuana is like.

well the bong was pure weed. I also don't think that joints and I will be getting warm, I'm not a smoker and the bong is a lot easier on the lungs. well, next time it maybe will fuck me up.

Depends on how the dispensary gets their weed and management is run. Dispensaries almost always get their weed off growers and are supposed to have quality standards but thats not always the case, regardless they buy in bulk and its generally of a bare minimum quality to provide relief of medical ailments. Dealer weed can be home grown, obtained off real growers, bought off someone else, or dispensary weed on sale and overcharge enough to profit. Dealers are good for when you're in a pinch or if you're a long time customer and he likes to hook it up. Otherwise medical is the way to go.

Yes, and they are not as subtle as some claim. (I'm ignoring the 'look wut I bred' strains and more focused on core family differences)
Blue dream is totally different than cookies, diesels, kushes, ogs.
Some strain differences will have the same exact person couch locked vs climbing a fucking mountian. Euphoric vs paranoid. Etc etc.

they do give different qualities to the high based on their terpene contents, some terpenes have their own effects on top of altering the smell and flavor, which, smell and flavor preferences will also influence how much you like a strain. Alpha pinene gives the weed a pine scent and herby flavor, it's also anti-inflammatory and a bronchiodialator. Myrcene is a muscle relaxant (myrcene is the "skunk" smelling terpene and is more prevalent in indica strains and is partially responsible for that "couch lock" feel)

This Purple urkle I have.. it smells like a skunk farted a lemon (very distinct citrus and skunk smells), but tastes like grape soda.

When I first got on with my dispensary.. I basically just bought a gram of a half dozen strains to try out. and the difference from one to another is noticable. Some of them an alert buzz, some with a very sedating high, some of them bordering on psychedelic, and different flavors and smells.

Some made me uncomfortably fucked up like I could feel things touching my skin that weren't in any contact with my skin and that was uncomfortable.

Strain selection is important.

Different strains definitely offer different highs; this is due to different amounts of THCA, THC, and cannabinoids being present. That said, most people have a hard time telling them apart if they don't know what to look for.

For casual smokers, it's better to simply break strains down into three groups: sativas, indicas and hybrids.

A sativa-dominant strain will have a greater psychoactive component; think of it as a head high.

An indica-dominant strain will have a greater body/claming component; these are the strains that get you couch locked, help you sleep, and give you the munchies.

Hybrids are a toss-up category, and each one is different based on how heavily it's weighted to one side or the other.

TL;DR: Different strains -- and even the same strain from different growers -- do have different chemical make-ups. While these differences may seem minute -- and casual smokers likely won't be able to tell the difference -- they do provide different highs. Think of it like wine; each bottle is different and has different hints of this and hints of that. If you're just looking to get thrashed, they're all the same, but if you're into it, you can appreciate the subtleties.

The bong should have gotten you pretty ripped. since I've recently been a medical patient I've compared ways of smoking strains (and vaping), and I can say that joints and pipes kind of suck when it comes down to it, harsher on your lungs and throat, don't get as high. Bong and Vaporizer were clearly better, Vaporizer the most comfortable obviously. Bong with Ice water is a decent compromise if you still want to SMOKE.

I've grown for both medical dispensaries and street dealers, and there's a huge difference between how they want everything handled. Dispensaries won't buy anything that has mites or mold or was harvested with a low or imbalanced trich count; they also want to know specifically what strain it is and the type of lighting and fertilizer used, because these are all selling points. Street dealers want growers to use chemical fertilizers, harvest at top weight regardless of quality and pack it quickly (which causes mold).

I could go into a ton more detail here, but it should suffice to say that quality control was a big part of what I did and I refused to smoke the stuff I grew for street dealers.

you guys are dumb, most dealers pick up from the dispensary and sell it on the streets so it's n/a

You're gullible af if you think your dealer is giving you brand-name herb at street corner prices.

he is, I was with him when he re-uped. you're naive if you think dealers don't sell dispensary weed on the streets.

it's weird because people always talk about how street weed is so much cheaper than dispensary weed, but unless you know the dealer well, you're buying $50 1/8ths

While at dispensaries it seems like it's usually $10 a gram.

$15 profit margin isn't much. Especially when dispensaries have limits to how much they can legally sell you

usually 1oz per patient.

Can't make much money off that.

Not without a huge markup. Or maybe he was just trying to get into your ass, I don't know.

Really is no correct answer, regardless of what any faggot on Sup Forums thinks.
To many variables. In my opinion I like off the street because I've known all my growers personally and dealers for several years. The state I live in sells rec. weed that is way to dry, harsh, and covered in pesticides usually. Again, no one on here could give you a correct answer because of the many variables and preferences

nope, he sells 10 a g and delivers. when he re-uped it came in a dispensary bag and was full, nothing but fat nugs in the bag.

Let me add.
Quit being a faggot amd learn to form your own opinions, maby then I learn proper punctuation, and grammar

... why the fuck is he selling you at cost?

he's a cool guy, and i'm pretty sure he skimps everyone, so i'll buy a g and he'll give me .7 or .8

this

The peeps who grow it illegaly also use medical cannabis seeds or varieties/hybrids that are equally high on THC.

/thread

you can't /thread your own post fag gtfo

u 'avin a giggle m8?

>buying from someone who doesn't weigh it out on a scale in front of you

cool guy alright if he's shorting you.

I'm so glad I'm done with street dealers, buying from "a friend of a friend" or "this guy my brother knows", with who knows what strain on them at $50 an 8th and you're lucky if they have a scale.

The dispensary is clean, has some selection, I know what I'm getting, and I don't have to worry about cops.

it's either buy a g for 10 and he shorts me a lil, or buy a g for 15 and get exactly what i pay for. either way he makes a profit.

as i read that i know how stupid i sound, btw im getting my medical card so i don't have to go through dealers anymore.