Anything good this year 2017 from the Lone Star state?

Anything good this year 2017 from the Lone Star state?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekrakenquartet.bandcamp.com/album/separate-migrate
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh shit good call I forgot they're still in El Paso I assume. This would be my real official introduction. I've always kinda turned my nose up to them from just a few songs in passing.

Led Zepplin - Sweet Home Alabama

Wut

Yeah, my album

I guess it's a good thing you're not already familiar with their past work. Most fans who go in expecting it to be like their old stuff are left disappointed

Which is?

thekrakenquartet.bandcamp.com/album/separate-migrate

new william basinski is cool
lift to experience's album got reissued and remastered as well

Oh cool I saw this on a schedule but didn't know anything about them. I used to be kind of obsessed with Kraken rum so I was just kind of amused by the thought of going to whatever kind of show this is maybe jazz I assume and getting wasted on Kraken rum.

Basinski's from Texas? Damn wtf that completely escaped me.

Yeah absolutely with that reissue and have you heard the new The New Year? Dallas/Denton is kicking so much fucking ass this year. I dunno the last time I was there the separation between Dallas and Denton seemed almost gone. Hell even famous Denton icon Fry St Fair is held in Dallas now.

Psychedelic music was born in Texas.

See: 13th Floor Elevators

Pretty awesome so far. If not already, these guys literally have to hook up with Thor from Swans who lives here now and plays this kind of stuff. I mean at the absolute bare minimum play a show together. I'll force that shit if I have to.

This band from Houston is probably gonna come out with their second album this year. I liked their first album a lot tbqh

Not exactly the best introduction considering it's kind of weak, but it isn't terrible.
Relationship of Command is both their best and most accessible.

Just finished and it was awesome thank you so much. I can't believe I have a whole other album from this year to dive into. 2017 year of the Kraken

Whoa those are some freaky corresponding digits

big Texas bump

the Willie album

2nd song now and it's doing me right so far.

I had to concede and rated it higher every time I heard it. At first I was just so contrarian in the face of all the attention it was getting.

You're welcome. I very randomly heard of them and obviously the name enticed me. Quite a pleasant surprise.

I live in texas, and while making a sandwich i thought to myself "someone should mix country music with freak folk, like sort of a johnny cash meets animal collective type deal" "i would do that if i had musical talent and wasnt pushing 30"
Then i ate a sandwich

Did you hear the Shooter Jennings album from last year? Hang onto your butt although only the beginning of the album is like that mostly. And I don't think he's from Texas but he's playing here in a couple weeks. Definitely check out his latest album starting it from the beginning.

FUCK YOU TEXAS

Texas explanation:
Dallas: white people
Houston: black people
San antonio: Mexicans
Austin: liberal quarantine zone

>Dallas: white people

got some news 4 u buckaroo

don't fuck with texas

white denims from Austin I think

more like
Dallas: Black People
FW: Black people who think they are white people
Arlington: Paradise on earth no nigger in sight lets keep it this way Texas is god's country Jesus 3:16 also there like a mall and the Cowboy got their stadium here even though they are still called the """Dallas""" cowboys

thanks for reminding me why your city is the worst

fuck off reeee

What? He just asked for some good music from Texas, you retard.