What's the most unique album you've ever heard...

What's the most unique album you've ever heard? Is there any album you know of that you can't describe its sound (or it's difficult to)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEysecgCVr0
youtube.com/watch?v=jTsVDbEPkTQ
open.spotify.com/album/1WNU0atYC3PBC7G74B2v3T
youtube.com/watch?v=uQ4HJfU-SCE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GzJA1xQxTCU
youtu.be/d86ivGL52qg
youtu.be/JeoVm2cxtjQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's really hard to describe true perfection

first time I heard Money Store

Most post-rock is unique in its feel. inb4 pleb

Loveless
Longseason
Popul Vuh
Tilt

There really isn't anything else like it.

You mean totally unique in it's sound or it's execution?
Trout Mask Replica has a recognisable blues and rock sound but there's really nothing else that comes close to it

Why is this a meme?

what makes something a meme to you?

When I see it more than once.

this is THE most stupid thing I have seen

What is that?

Agree

Everyone ITT needs to listen to more music

This Heat - Deceit

Why do newfags always say this? It's like they think it makes them """patrician"""
Try half Japanese - 1/2 gentlemen/not beasts

Boris - Flood

boris - flood

i know lots of artists claim to be influenced by it but I've never really heard anything similar

It may just be synthwave but its so different from anything else

The aesthetic is extremely unique

I was going to get mad at you for not reverse image searching but then I tried it and I got nothing

Back when i was heavy into psychedelic rock from the 60s and 70s(All 2008 when i first started playing guitar), i used to look up lists for the best, heavist, most acid drenched, albums...of course at the time i had never smoked nor done acid, but yeah.

One youtube channel i found, had a song from The United States of America set to a trippy video...It was the best! Later I found the whole album, and yeah, i love its sound...

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEysecgCVr0

In Modern music...I might say Person Pitch was pretty unique. The sound isn't hard to describe...its reverb everything but something about sits different compared to a lot of other music.

Why are you so aggressive? High functioning autism or some kind of insecurity?
Either way no band has quite replicated the sound of TMR. 1/2 Gentlemen evokes a similar spirit and its angular textures are obviously in the vain of TMR, but sonically it's too far into post-punk and far away from traditional rock and blues to be comparable.

Your search history is just shit

pic related sort of

I searched the non-expanded image and it came up as "sky", weird

very probably not the most unique, but still relatively eccentric

The Mystic Revelation of Teppo Repo - s/t

Finnish folk music with some spoken word samples and 80's Casio beats with free jazz influences delivered with a deadpan attitude that makes you unsure whether you are supposed to take this seriously or not

youtube.com/watch?v=jTsVDbEPkTQ
open.spotify.com/album/1WNU0atYC3PBC7G74B2v3T

I wish, but I wasn't really feeling it. It seemed like they were more influenced by Can than TVU (not a bad thing). But I will re-listen to it at one point

I haven't been able to find any other band that matches the feel of candy claws

Sunbeam show fills me with such a deep feeling of melancholy

if this was the only album you'd ever heard then this would be understandable

F#a# infinity
I've never tripped so hard with an album

sidenote: i was sober

No album sounds exactly like V:D:C.

Prove me wrong. Protip, you can't.

They were more influenced by krautrock but also white light/white heat in therms of the VU. You can hear very similar organ on 'I'm going out of my way' and 'golden ball'

This album is so WEIRD!

What is this, newfag general?
Everybody's just posting Sup Forumscore

Agree. If there's anything like it, please rec.

Does an album being Sup Forumscore mean that it automatically cannot sound unique?

Are you joking?

>

This

no fucking contest

Innocence, by I Am A Lake Of Burning Orchids

Don't like Summer in my Veins. Closest album I can think of is Sunset Mission, the sense of an odyssey through the city (like the film Naked), except I've grown tired of the noir aesthetic. Would really appreciate recommendations with a more modern feel. Love the part with muted club music, the stabs of harsh noise, like panic, thunder. Burial's kinda similar, but I'm looking for something more "cold" than melancholy.

Long Season is just meme music

Definitely not the most abrasive sound or anything but I remember the first few times I put it on I had no fucking idea what I was listening to

Agreed

well yes, it doesn't sound more like WL/WH but the vocals sound a little like Nico just better

Salami Rose Joe Louis - Son of a Sauce

just original - nothing dark

Can't think of anything like it

le vasco - passion things

Here's an actual answer
youtube.com/watch?v=uQ4HJfU-SCE

Yes

Uniquely Big Songs

this is just deathcore with tons of sweep picking, hardly unique.

I know there are probably other things similar out there, but I've never heard them nor would I want to

nice

*Aliencore*

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GzJA1xQxTCU

I'll peep this for sure

cringe

Faggot

yea actually

youtu.be/d86ivGL52qg

>pic related

I was blown away when I heard it for the 1st time. Still, haven't heard anything quite like it

I'm going out of my way sounds more like Modern Lovers to me

i saw your comment and turned this on. the second half of this album is amazing. thanks for sharing wow

Than you'll fucking hate Nicole 12. Don't thank me fella

isn't this just thinly veiled harsh noise?

completely agree.

can someone post the original comic

probably this

Toby Driver is the real Dalai Lama.

fucking moron

Constructus Corporation - The Ziggurat did everything that this project set out to be and accomplish ten times better and ten years earlier, even down to the attached written story for it

That said, those two projects are in their own area in terms of strange and ambitious rap projects

The Books are pretty fucking weird. Great shit. Still tryna find someone else like them.

>Your search history is just shit
wait what the fuck? Google gives you different results for a reverse image search based on your history?

I don't understand.

youtu.be/JeoVm2cxtjQ