Boring.

Found the pleb

it's easily the worst song on the album

it's more of an interlude than a song

>plunderphonics
nigga you dumb

really its closer to ambient than anything else
check out tangerine dream OP

Well, i mean, you are not wrong, Pink Floyd was experimenting with electronic sounds and in fact it is the worst song of the album, however, it was really ahead of his time.
I feel that this song is unskipable if you are listening to the album, it really adds some kind of atmosphere.

You're retarded.

>it was really ahead of his time.

this is the right explination. At the time there wasnt anything like this song.

I won't skip it if I'm listening to the whole thing but I never go out of my way to listen to it on it's own

i wouldn't go that far but i still agree it was way ahead of its time. this song came out in 1976 for example but it lacks the sampling that on the run does

youtube.com/watch?v=2w8VsvJ40sM

mort garson was also making some interesting stuff as well.

can't overstate how stupid you are

only correct answer.
All these plebs saying it's ahead of it's time?! what the fuck have you ever heard Stockhausen? Cage? Zappa?Fugs?
this album is revolutionary only in the tiny spec of dust that is pleb music

you're a moron.

*tips*

>hurr durr im to lazy to find new music so everyone who has must be a retard
grow up and get laid faggots.

Proto goa trance , years ago on a different forum this discussion took place

nigger just because you know who stockhausen and cage are doesn't mean they were doing music like on the run. the sampling of noises combined with the modulation of the synths specifically is what is unique about that song. other bands were doing lots of stuff with analog synths like tangerine dream and krautrock bands and jazz artists, but the way on the run was written was unique and forward thinking, regardless if you think pink floyd is too mainstream to listen to because you're too much of a patrician

Well yea, there are 3 songs max that I'd listen to if I wasn't listening to the whole thing

lol.
>Stockhausen Sampled noises and modulated them with both more complexity and more expertise in the mid-50s
>Cage was playing with the randomness of sound and creating a randomness input in music
>Zappa played with the studio almsot a decade before that album got out,and thus almost a decade before that song existed
>The Fugs made collages also almost a decade before of that song.

I didn't pick artists at random, I wasn't trying to sound presumptuous,specially since by now Stockhausen is pretty well-known. My point was:there was no real invention in this song. Zappa,the fugs,Cage and Stockhausen had done that decades ago. You can enjoy the song,Like I do, but don't make autistic claims about it. Facts are Facts

Every artist you named is just babbys first experimental

No one was claiming Pink Floyd invented this shit and were geniuses. You're calling it boring because other artists have experimental sounds.

wha?
check

Pac-man core

Bumping because of how dumb this is.

Holy shit I hate On The Run, that and Breathe ruin the album for me

>Breathe
>ruin
????

You can't really listen to any Dark Side on it's own. It's all or nothing.

Breathe is literally one of the best Pink Floyd songs

> Not liking "Breathe"
> Not liking the seamless reprise of "Breathe" in "Time"

Same here, but with "Us and Them." Total moodbreaker, I skip it every time

How do you guys feel about eclipse.

Great when accompanied by "Brain Damage", too short and repetitive to stand on its own.

> dumb poster is dumb

Correct.